The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Right vs wrong

Started by RW, June 09, 2015, 09:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Is right and wrong subjective?

Is it worse to hurt yourself or hurt others?

Are the majority of reasons for lying bad/wrong?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Right and wrong have been the subject of philosophers for centuries.

Our civilisation has been built on foundations underpinned by those two words, and the understanding, misunderstanding and confusion as to their meaning is the cause of all our ills.

This is because every single human has a unique set of values that define "right" and "wrong" quite differently. Because of our diversity, we have developed institutions to make that determination for us; religion and their gods; politicians, judges and even grandiose bureaucracies.

Each has failed us.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Right and wrong have been the subject of philosophers for centuries.

Our civilisation has been built on foundations underpinned by those two words, and the understanding, misunderstanding and confusion as to their meaning is the cause of all our ills.

This is because every single human has a unique set of values that define "right" and "wrong" quite differently. Because of our diversity, we have developed institutions to make that determination for us; religion and their gods; politicians, judges and even grandiose bureaucracies.

Each has failed us.

Right and wrong are in a state of flux.

RW

Okay what s out the other two questions?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Okay what s out the other two questions?

I could answer those questions, but anything I said would be a lie. ac_toofunny

RW

Haha. Wrong answer bro!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Hurting others is wrong.

Unless they hurt you.

But then, some things hurt people moreso than others.

Call me a white, anglo-saxon, sexist, racist militant, and I take that as a compliment.

Say that to Romero and he would be offended.

So, who is hurt and who is not, by the same blow?

Odinson

I might start to get violent if some chimpanzee tries to negate everything with racism card.

I take hate from certain people as compliment.

Annie

I feel sad for people who have hate for others because those people have no idea what that other person's life is like. Hate can eat you up and make you hate yourself.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Hurting others is wrong.

Unless they hurt you.

Call me a white, anglo-saxon, sexist, racist militant, and I take that as a compliment.

There are some blows that generally get a similar feeling of hurt.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

You have to remember that what other people say doesn't matter, even if it hurts you. That is their intentions. Never let them see you hurt even though you are.  Don't let them think they won in hurting you, let them be hurtful some more, make a fool of their self and only tear themselves down even more.  Gotta find a way to tune it out.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Bricktop

Quote from: "Odious"I might start to get violent if some chimpanzee tries to negate everything with racism card.

I take hate from certain people as compliment.

I suspect YOUR definition of getting violent is kicking a wall.

The bigger the mouth, the smaller the balls.

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Hurting others is wrong.

Unless they hurt you.

There are some blows that generally get a similar feeling of hurt.

Hitting someone is wrong. What about hitting children?

There is no right or wrong...there is simply living according to principles which enable you to live in peace and harmony.

Romero

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Call me a white, anglo-saxon, sexist, racist militant, and I take that as a compliment.

Say that to me and I'd laugh. Any sexist, racist militant is well below me. They're insecure and inferior.

Funny. That's exactly how Odi would describe himself. You would take that as a compliment?

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Call me a white, anglo-saxon, sexist, racist militant, and I take that as a compliment.

Say that to me and I'd laugh. Any sexist, racist militant is well below me. They're insecure and inferior.

Funny. That's exactly how Odi would describe himself. You would take that as a compliment?

I think you get my point, nonetheless.