News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A typical day in the life of Opie Kindred.

Started by Opie Kindred, June 15, 2015, 01:08:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"You don't know that.

Whoever it is, he or she can tell an interesting story.

Opie Kindred is a character from "Stories From A Quiet War" by Paul J MCauley, specifically from the short story, "Reef".

He is represented as an opinionated, overbearing, cocky scientist.

Its Blurt.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"You don't know that.

Whoever it is, he or she can tell an interesting story.

Opie Kindred is a character from "Stories From A Quiet War" by Paul J MCauley, specifically from the short story, "Reef".

He is represented as an opinionated, overbearing, cocky scientist.

Its Blurt.

I don't really care if it is, but I am not convinced it is anyway.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "RW"It's probably EL.

No.

Its Blurt.

Blurt would have been more wordy, long-winded, in fact. This one is only partly wordy.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

No.

Its Blurt.

Blurt would have been more wordy, long-winded, in fact. This one is only partly wordy.

I haven't known Blurt to exaggerate his own accomplishments like this either.

Anonymous

No.

Its Blurt.

It's his equally fruity brother.

Opie Kindred

it's Blurt, it's tatterdamelion, it's EL, it's gramps, it's... Franklin the turtle, it's Hillaly Climpus, it's Boxcar Willie, it's... an itch that cannot be scratched.  

A panoply of potentially discussion-worthy topics were spread-out in the opening post ranging from the mundane to the esoteric and the only subject you monkeys are greedily sucking-on is who will be first to identity the handle behind the handle?

Once again I ask, and I despise repeating my words to folks who have clearly understood them the first time around, what grand purpose is to be served by unmasking a poster when all that is to be found underneath is another mask?

I answered the call echoing through this tomb; a call for new members, more men (the ones present are not of a good cut, apparently), a call for growth... And here I am, a prodigal son if you wish, a long lost cousin returning to the family unit, although this family closely resembles one to be found in the misty backwoods of the Ozarks, but it appears I was lured into these turbid waters, as Ulysses, by the trickery of siren's songs hankering for my demise.

Nonetheless, my resolve remains steadfast and I will endeavour to contribute thought-provoking material, most of which will be selected, as above, from subjective life experiences. I will attempt to accurately convey, through enlightening anecdotes, the permanent and infinite grandeur which inhabits my Being, the thrust of Grace animating its every fiber, the unbridled happiness it causes and the manner I apply this gargantuan feeling in my everyday activities; this grandeur, whose source originates within us, freely available to all who wish it but is rarely recognized.

In light of the tepid responses to my opening post so far in this thread, I realize the main theme was grossly understated and failed to hit its intended mark, but then again I failed to properly evaluate the audience. I will be constrained in the choice of my narratives by those who are evidently unfamiliar and estranged to concepts I find to be self-evident as they relate to (Wo) Man and his rightful place in the Universe. I will gradually open the gates, to avoid existential shock, as not everyone posses the robust constitution necessary to discover their own immortality and position it within themselves; most would rather project it in some distant, invisible and unreachable Heaven.

Good times ahead.

RW

Since it was my song you answered, what trickery was in my request?  Where am I hankering for your demise?

Tsk tsk Opie.  Let's keep it real babe.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Opie Kindred"it's Blurt, it's tatterdamelion, it's EL, it's gramps, it's... Franklin the turtle, it's Hillaly Climpus, it's Boxcar Willie, it's... an itch that cannot be scratched.  

A panoply of potentially discussion-worthy topics were spread-out in the opening post ranging from the mundane to the esoteric and the only subject you monkeys are greedily sucking-on is who will be first to identity the handle behind the handle?

Once again I ask, and I despise repeating my words to folks who have clearly understood them the first time around, what grand purpose is to be served by unmasking a poster when all that is to be found underneath is another mask?

I answered the call echoing through this tomb; a call for new members, more men (the ones present are not of a good cut, apparently), a call for growth... And here I am, a prodigal son if you wish, a long lost cousin returning to the family unit, although this family closely resembles one to be found in the misty backwoods of the Ozarks, but it appears I was lured into these turbid waters, as Ulysses, by the trickery of siren's songs hankering for my demise.

Nonetheless, my resolve remains steadfast and I will endeavour to contribute thought-provoking material, most of which will be selected, as above, from subjective life experiences. I will attempt to accurately convey, through enlightening anecdotes, the permanent and infinite grandeur which inhabits my Being, the thrust of Grace animating its every fiber, the unbridled happiness it causes and the manner I apply this gargantuan feeling in my everyday activities; this grandeur, whose source originates within us, freely available to all who wish it but is rarely recognized.

In light of the tepid responses to my opening post so far in this thread, I realize the main theme was grossly understated and failed to hit its intended mark, but then again I failed to properly evaluate the audience. I will be constrained in the choice of my narratives by those who are evidently unfamiliar and estranged to concepts I find to be self-evident as they relate to (Wo) Man and his rightful place in the Universe. I will gradually open the gates, to avoid existential shock, as not everyone posses the robust constitution necessary to discover their own immortality and position it within themselves; most would rather project it in some distant, invisible and unreachable Heaven.

Good times ahead.

Ya think?

I look forward.

And there's no mask under the mask...its a cute little black cocktail dress. Sequinned, of course.

And those gorgeous stiletto pumps you love so much.

Actually, I don't much care who you are. I care what you aren't...and you aren't of any value to this forum.

So, kindly heed THIS call...fuck off.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Opie Kindred"it's Blurt, it's tatterdamelion, it's EL, it's gramps, it's... Franklin the turtle, it's Hillaly Climpus, it's Boxcar Willie, it's... an itch that cannot be scratched.  

Good times ahead.

ac_boring

Bricktop

Has anyone else noticed that this clown sounds just like Pounce The Lion?

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Has anyone else noticed that this clown sounds just like Pounce The Lion?

There was a Pounce The Lion here, but I don't remember anything about him or her.

ac_dunno

Bricktop

The Pounce that was here wasn't the same Pounce that is in Van.

But "Opie" couldn't use that alter here, because someone else had grabbed it... ac_bashful.

So he became Opie. Same fart, different trousers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"The Pounce that was here wasn't the same Pounce that is in Van.

But "Opie" couldn't use that alter here, because someone else had grabbed it... ac_bashful.

So he became Opie. Same fart, different trousers.

Maybe, I don't know..

I don't have any problem with Opie Kindred's presence here.

Bricktop

"His" presence here is to annoy and aggravate.

Honestly, do you see him contributing anything? His first post was a fabrication, then he regales us with an asinine parable of his "day", insinuating he is a man of means and leisure.

Seriously...