The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Yoga Stupidity

Started by RW, June 07, 2015, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

I'd rather walk than do yoga on a bridge.

I have raised funds (a few thousand) for a walk covering several miles for the March of Dimes, supporting the care of premature babies (my youngest was a preemie) and encouraging pregnant women to seek prenatal care. It takes patience to solicit donations from so many people. Raising as much funds as I did and way above my target, I got the following items as gifts of gratitude from the March of Dimes.

A plaque from the organization thanking me for my help in raising funds

A fleece blanket with the logo of the organization embroidered on it. I use it as a picnic blanket. I used to cover the freezing bleacher seat with it at the ice rink when watching my son's games

A long sleeve t-shirt with the fund raising walk printed on it

A nice fleece sweater with zipper in front with the logo of the organization embroidered on it

A periodic acknowledgement of my help from the organization, and an occasional reminder of upcoming fund raising events in hopes I would help out again

Footnote: The March of Dimes Foundation is a United States nonprofit organization that works to improve the health of mothers and babies. It was founded by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1938 to combat polio. It has since taken up promoting general health for pregnant women and babies.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I'd rather walk than do yoga on a bridge.

I have raised funds (a few thousand) for a walk covering several miles for the March of Dimes, supporting the care of premature babies (my youngest was a preemie) and encouraging pregnant women to seek prenatal care. It takes patience to solicit donations from so many people. Raising as much funds as I did and way above my target, I got the following items as gifts of gratitude from the March of Dimes.

A fleece blanket with the logo of the organization embroidered on it. I use it as a picnic blanket. I used to cover the freezing bleacher seat with it at the ice rink when watching my son's games

A nice fleece sweater with zipper in front with the logo of the organization embroidered on it

A periodic acknowledgement of my help from the organization, and an occasional reminder of upcoming fund raising events in hopes I would help out again

Footnote: The March of Dimes Foundation is a United States nonprofit organization that works to improve the health of mothers and babies. It was founded by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1938 to combat polio. It has since taken up promoting general health for pregnant women and babies.

Hmm, I didn't know this about you Azhya, Good going, letting your walk match the talk. ac_drinks

@realAzhyaAryola

There's much about me I just haven't shared, Shen.  ac_biggrin  ac_drinks
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I'd rather walk than do yoga on a bridge.

Good going Azhya.

RW

Yoga on the Bridge was cancelled due to public outrage at the sheer idiocy.

Thank you BC.
Beware of Gaslighters!

the shark hunter

Quote from: "RW"No, for once I'm not talking about the forum (although life does seem to imitate art).

Please allow me to highlight some of the more glaring points in stupidity promoted by our Premier...

VANCOUVER — B.C.'s premier hopes to "make a statement about who we are" to the world by shutting down Vancouver's iconic Burrard Street Bridge for a Sunday morning yogathon later this month.

What does it tell people about who we are?  A bunch of fucking morons?

Premier Christy Clark announced Friday the span would be closed to traffic the morning of June 21st and instead, play host to a massive yoga session in honour of the first ever International Day of Yoga.

Wait.  Isn't that Father's Day?

The free public event, which Clark expects will attract "many thousands" of yogis, will be livestreamed on the province's Destination B.C. site for the world to witness.

Oh great.  A world stage for our stupidity.  How awesome is that?

"This year's (International Day of Yoga) will be the first one and we hope that it will be an opportunity for Vancouver and British Columbia to make a statement about who we are," she said during a media event Friday afternoon on the second-floor patio of Granville Island's Bridges Restaurant, backdropped by the Burrard Street Bridge.

Clark said the bridge would be closed to traffic and that people would be invited to "make it a place of peaceful reflection" by participating in a mass yoga session.

Isn't that what we have parks and green spaces for?  I lived in Vancouver for years.  They have giant parks like Stanley or Queen Elizabeth to host this crap but noooooooo let's do fucking yoga on a bridge instead!

"Bring your yoga mat, bring your best yoga poses, get on the bridge, and make a statement about who British Columbia is."

It's run by a moron.  /statement

The event is a partnership between the province, Lululemon Athletica, YYoga and AltaGas — the latter of which is contributing $10,000 to sponsor the event — and will be supported by the cities of Vancouver and Surrey. Lululemon will handle the marketing of the event, while YYoga will provide instructors.

Nothing goes better with Yoga than an natural gas company.

Talks surrounding the event first began during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to B.C. back in mid-April, according to Clark.

"One of the things that came up was yoga because yoga was one of India's greatest gifts to the world. I think many people who live here in Vancouver would say that if there is a home for yoga outside of India, it must be here," Clark said.

And why must it be here Christy?  Because you love your yoga?

http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE