Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Texas flood

Started by kiebers, May 24, 2015, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

The next few days will not be pleasant for some. Ground is still soaked, coastal rivers still at semi flood stage and tropical storm Bill is starting to drop even more rain. May get as much as 12 inches in some areas. Crossing fingers that we have no more deaths.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Renee

Quote from: "kiebers"The next few days will not be pleasant for some. Ground is still soaked, coastal rivers still at semi flood stage and tropical storm Bill is starting to drop even more rain. May get as much as 12 inches in some areas. Crossing fingers that we have no more deaths.

Stay dry, stay safe. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Stevie Ray Vaughn statue in Austin. Before and after.

">

http://i.imgur.com/QzIWMYC.jpg?1">
Put a rain jacket on Stevie.

kiebers

I believe that is meant to be a poncho.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"I believe that is meant to be a poncho.

lol I know.

kiebers

LOL

Well I am thinking we missed the worst of tropical storm Bill. We have yet to get the kind of rains in Houston they were predicting. However we are getting rain north and west of us. The same area that flooded so bad a few weeks ago. The ground is still soaked. Hopefully people are in safe areas. Lost over 30 lives a few weeks ago and don't need that again. I have some friends in the area it came onshore at and they said it wasn't that bad so maybe things will be ok.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"LOL

Well I am thinking we missed the worst of tropical storm Bill. We have yet to get the kind of rains in Houston they were predicting. However we are getting rain north and west of us. The same area that flooded so bad a few weeks ago. The ground is still soaked. Hopefully people are in safe areas. Lost over 30 lives a few weeks ago and don't need that again. I have some friends in the area it came onshore at and they said it wasn't that bad so maybe things will be ok.

ac_crying