News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Nine slaughtered in the World's Greatest Democracy!

Started by Bricktop, June 18, 2015, 01:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Hunting is NOT part of a civilised modern nation. People who kill animals for their own pleasure and entertainment have some serious psychological issues. Any form of killing is abhorrent.

Target shooting no problem. No-one or nothing dies. Its the same as archery, or darts, or throwing a javelin.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Hunting is NOT part of a civilised modern nation. People who kill animals for their own pleasure and entertainment have some serious psychological issues. Any form of killing is abhorrent.

Target shooting no problem. No-one or nothing dies. Its the same as archery, or darts, or throwing a javelin.

We know people that hunt and they do not have psychological issues..

They have shared their wild game with us.

Romero

You know, I believe in reasonable gun control but I don't know if it matters in the US anymore. Dylann Roof was on probation but got the murder weapon from his father for his birthday. How do you gun control that?

The country is so awash in guns that practically not a day goes by without people just accidentally shooting themselves or others around them. There are so many guns, the US has to give them away to Mexican gangs and Middle Eastern terrorists.

Gun culture.

Romero

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Hunting is NOT part of a civilised modern nation. People who kill animals for their own pleasure and entertainment have some serious psychological issues. Any form of killing is abhorrent.

I believe hunting is more civilized, and much more environmentally friendly, than factory farming. People still depend on hunting for sustenance, even if they can go to a store and buy some crappy ground beef.

If you eat meat, you're killing animals. Only factory farming is in most cases less humane.

Bricktop

Yes, I agree...the horse has well and truly bolted.

But eliminating the gun industry, from manufacture of non-military firearms to retail outlets, will at least restrict access. In modern times, nobody NEEDS a gun. The concept that owning a gun will reduce the risk of being a victim of crime has long since been negated.

Our country suffered the biggest domestic (as opposed to military or terrorist action) mass murder in history.

As a result, the government determined that guns and society do not mix, and guns were removed. We've not suffered a "mass" murder since.

Buying someone a gun for their birthday...he should be prosecuted as well as his son.

We don't even buy our children TOY guns!!!

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"

I believe hunting is more civilized, and much more environmentally friendly, than factory farming. People still depend on hunting for sustenance, even if they can go to a store and buy some crappy ground beef.

If you eat meat, you're killing animals. Only factory farming is in most cases less humane.

Hunting is as civilised as sacrificing virgins.

Why hunt, when you have a food processing chain that provides you with your sustenance? Because you LIKE it!! You are entertained by stalking, trapping and slaughtering wild animals (as opposed to animals bred domestically). You have issues if killing makes you feel hot.

We breed livestock for food.

We do not need to go into the wilderness and shoot animals for our entertainment and excitement. How can THAT be civilised?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

I don't believe in hunting for sport. I'm okay with hunting for sustenance. Humans are still in the process of evolving from hunters to consumers, so there's no surprise there's going to some hunting still going on. Many peoples still depend on it and can't go to the store. For many in the "civilized" world, it's just something that mom and dad used to do back in the day.

So many factory farms are horror shows. Picking up a package of meat at the supermarket doesn't mean the animals didn't suffer. Probably more so.

One wild buck lives a good life and ends up feeding a family for a season. It could have been a family of humans or cougars. The circle of life.

One factory farmed cow lives a life of hell. Crammed cages, lying in filth... no outdoors, no mating... and it'll be lucky if it's put out of it's misery the first go around.

I'm telling ya - compared to sustenance hunting, buying meat at the store isn't any more civilized and it can be downright ugly.

Romero

Now I'm feeling all guilty about having that burger for lunch.

Eh, no I'm not. People are so disconnected nowadays.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Because guns kill people.

Racism doesn't.

Get rid of the guns first, then address the racism issue. But right now, innocents are being slaughtered by people who have no justifiable reason for possessing a firearm.

Get rid of guns? Are you serious? Make em illegal and the Hell's Angels, Bloods/Crips, triads, Jamaican posses and other organized criminal gangs will suddenly have a change of heart and turn in their firearms. ac_toofunny

Bricktop

See, that's exactly the wrong logic.

Yes, we know that gangs will get guns, because consumers buy them and they end up lost, stolen or simply obtained fraudulently. But, there are already laws in place that can make possession an offence.

How many mass murders have been committed by gangs? Innocent people cut down because of some psycho? Gang violence tends to be intrinsic.

But one thing is for sure; as long as guns are freely available, the flow to gangs won't stop.

Get rid of the gun industry from the domestic market, then go after the gangs.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Romero"I don't believe in hunting for sport. I'm okay with hunting for sustenance. Humans are still in the process of evolving from hunters to consumers, so there's no surprise there's going to some hunting still going on. Many peoples still depend on it and can't go to the store. For many in the "civilized" world, it's just something that mom and dad used to do back in the day.

So many factory farms are horror shows. Picking up a package of meat at the supermarket doesn't mean the animals didn't suffer. Probably more so.

One wild buck lives a good life and ends up feeding a family for a season. It could have been a family of humans or cougars. The circle of life.

One factory farmed cow lives a life of hell. Crammed cages, lying in filth... no outdoors, no mating... and it'll be lucky if it's put out of it's misery the first go around.

I'm telling ya - compared to sustenance hunting, buying meat at the store isn't any more civilized and it can be downright ugly.

I'm not in disagreement with you...however, two wrongs don't make a right. Factory farms are as much a blight as hunting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"See, that's exactly the wrong logic.

Yes, we know that gangs will get guns, because consumers buy them and they end up lost, stolen or simply obtained fraudulently. But, there are already laws in place that can make possession an offence.

How many mass murders have been committed by gangs? Innocent people cut down because of some psycho? Gang violence tends to be intrinsic.

But one thing is for sure; as long as guns are freely available, the flow to gangs won't stop.

Get rid of the gun industry from the domestic market, then go after the gangs.

Nine dead and a bunch others wounded at a restaurant in Texas between the Bandidos and rival biker gangs. The same gang are responsible for the largest slaughter in Ontario.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"I don't believe in hunting for sport. I'm okay with hunting for sustenance. Humans are still in the process of evolving from hunters to consumers, so there's no surprise there's going to some hunting still going on. Many peoples still depend on it and can't go to the store. For many in the "civilized" world, it's just something that mom and dad used to do back in the day.

Thank you Romero for putting the issue in perspective. Well said.

Apparently SPECTRE thinks he is more civilized than the rest of us because he buys his meat at the grocery store. I guess he thinks it's more civilized to get your meat in neatly wrapped clean plastic psckages. That way he doesn't have to acknowledge the pain and suffering the animal went through during its hellish, chemically enhanced, lifetime while he feeds his hypocritical face. Hopefully he won't get sick from the dangerous bacteria, feces and mashed up insect parts he is ingesting with his civilized store bought meat.

Based on the old cock suckers criteria, I wounder how civilized a society can be considered when it slaughters the one wild animal that symbolizes their country by the hundreds of thousands each year. In Australia 800,000 kangaroos are commercially harvested thru government issued HUNTING permits for dog food, leather, and human consumption each year and that doesn't even take into account the roos that are killed for sport or by road vehicles. No where in the world is the slaughter of wild land animals greater than during the Australian kangaroo harvest. Not only are nearly one million roos killed it is also estimated that 120,000 roos are gut shot by so-called hunters (probably besotted with Fosters) and left to die slow painful deaths in the bush. I'm not even going to describe what the Australian game commission tells these so-called hunters to do with the orphaned joeys that they create with there horrendous acts of slaughter.

If we are going to ridiculously base a society's level of civilization on how it treats its fauna, then NO Australian can claim that they live in a civilized nation.

But hey, I would never begrudge a hungry Aussie some "True Blue" meat on Australia Day. I wouldn't even think of being that meddling or crass and I certainly wouldn't presume to tell them what to do within the borders of their own country. Personally I wouldn't care if the entire population of Australia turned cannibal and ate each other.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I don't think I could shoot a wild animal. A human being is a different story though.