The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Gun Control Hilarity

Started by RW, June 20, 2015, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "cc la femme"BTW .. if I have not done so before, I would like to thank you profoundly for making this great site what it is. If I have it right, you did most or all of the work?

Thank you :).

It was a collaborative effort that I can't take full credit for at all.  You can thank Spec for the name.  A bunch of folks did the headers on the different skins including Blue and Asia.  My other half did the install of the software and the porting of the database.  (I made him change things three times until I liked it.)  Fash made the arrangements to get the database and took the admin helm.  I had Keeper doing QA testing.  But this is just a shell.  

It's the people posting that gives life to these boards and that's all of YOU!  Thank you guys for having faith in me.  You guys make this place what it is.

ac_wub
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Quote from: "cc la femme"I'm beginning to think maybe ALL Aussie males are arrogant know-it-all know-nothings
True

QuoteCan't help wondering why little Australia had so many massacres when guns were legal  ... so far disproportionate for such a small population.
Not true. We had two.

QuoteWe have guns and have had few massacres. The US with its huge population (15 x that of Oz) had a far lower rate per capita.

Not true. US gun deaths are ten times that of Oz per capita.

QuoteIs there something   about Aussies  that makes them crazy when they have guns? Is the problem still there on hold? No wonder they had their guns taken away.

Nothing different about us...except we recognise that we do not need guns.

QuoteIs that what is lurking inside LS and making him hot-hate the US

How about you defend my accusations, instead of the same old "You hate America" rhetoric.

QuoteThank you allah for taking me to N America while I was still a child.

Words fail me.

QuoteDon't tell EL I said that. He would get all exited and assume that I might be ready to take him up on his standing  offer

I think someone's been drinking...

cc

There were 10 since, a couple  by gun. Seems Aussies just substituted fire, knives and hammers  for guns

I was mentioning 10 "massacres" (not total shootings) as being a way higher rate "of massacre" than the US rate on a per capita basis. It would have taken 150 massacres to compare with the US and I'm guessin they did not produce that many during that time frame

I'm not trying to build up the US, merely sayin Aussieville  has some pretty awful stuff per capita  ....  and is in NO position to go off on others ..... no cause to be smug. Then, deep raw hate / jealousy can be  a powerful driver.

FIRE!!  .... what a nasty massacre tool. What is it about Aussie society that produces that?

My last 2 statements (in the above quoted post) were OBVIOUSLY in jest ........ and quite funny in fact for those who know the history and have a sense of humor  ....  fuk, you Aussie males are thicker than bricks.

Seems  I was lucky my parents forced me out of the country young .... *maybe they knew exactly what they were doing for me and Dad's great job offer was merely a ruse  (*another in jest ... sort of)

A lil tip! I often speak tongue-in-check. I'll try to use *asterisks in the future to help Aussie males afflicted by the dreaded illness  known as "thick as a brick"  

Say, what's this I hear in the Aussie media? Wowzers! Biker gangs killing  each other "by gun" at a blazing rate of late? ... govt. in a quandary as to what to do .... #not smart enough to give them a truckload of guns to finish each other off (*another in jest ... sort of)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

OK...I'm completely oblivious to the point you're making...other than trying to paint Australia with the same brush as the US. That's Renee's gig, and she sucks at it.

Nowhere have I stated Australian is a gun-free paradise. Nor that there are not "illegal" guns in Australia. However, we do not suffer the massacres and slaughter as you do in the US that would make a third world country blush.

What is incredulous is that you and your new found countrymen DEFEND that slaughter as a right under some stupid fucking Amendment. No-one who upholds the status quo has EVER made reference to the THOUSANDS of victims. To me that is the attitude of frightened, selfish and mindless people who think a gun is essential homeware.

cc

In this case at least, you are as bad as perky Querky for misquoting / distorting words.

Nowhere did I defend the US or any other country, or my own Canada.

For your info, I am not a Yank and won't attempt to make excuses for yankeeland.

I'm just sick of all the jealous twisted pricks (Many from Oz) whose hate for the  US is so hot one can feel it on screen

I did point out that it seems a lot of Aussie males are a bunch of sanctimonious / hypocritical pricks
QuoteHowever, we do not suffer the massacres and slaughter as you do in the US that would make a third world country blush.
Bullshit.

You did experience 10 massacres since you pious angels banned guns and further I said that " It would have taken[size=100] 150 [/size]massacres to compare with the US and I'm guessin they did not produce that many during that time frame" .. . and I pointed out that it seems all you have done is substitute FIRE and other tools for guns in creating massacres

During your 10 massacre spree, Canada has 3 to your 10  that don't include bikers culling themselves. and we have half again as many people as you have.. Further, I see none in recent history were FIRE was the weapon of choice

And that's basically all I said ... so please do not try again to  Querky me

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
During your 10 massacre spree, Canada has 3 to your 10  that don't include bikers culling themselves. and we have half again as many people as you have.. Further, I see none in recent history were FIRE was the weapon of choice

Wasn't there a shootout at Sydney International between the Hell's Angels and the Rebels

cc

My words on their serious biker problem  were ..
QuoteSay, what's this I hear in the Aussie media? Wowzers! Biker gangs killing each other "by gun" at a blazing rate of late? ... govt. in a quandary as to what to do .... #not smart enough to give them a truckload of guns to finish each other off (*another in jest ... sort of)

This is shown in MSM Aussie media ... can provide links if needed

Bricktop

No. A brawl. No guns involved.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"No. A brawl. No guns involved.

Yes, one person dead. This resulted in the airport victim's brother being gunned down.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/bikie-war-sydney-airport-victims-brother-gunned-down-20090329-9fto.html">http://www.smh.com.au/national/bikie-wa ... -9fto.html">http://www.smh.com.au/national/bikie-war-sydney-airport-victims-brother-gunned-down-20090329-9fto.html

Bricktop

cc, that is utter rot.

I'm somewhat disappointed that you choose to argue by pointing at Australia and trying to make a case that we are just as bad.

That is just absurd.

I repeat, the number of gun deaths in the US is TEN times that of Australia on a PER CAPITA basis.

Why do you ignore this fact, and the 30,000 deaths your country inflicts on itself. You can throw the issues in Australia at me all you like, but you cannot change your reality. Mass murder by deranged individuals armed with high powered weaponry has been eliminated by the banning of such weapons.

Its like you're in a burning house, and instead of putting out the fire, you point to someone's BBQ across the road and say "SEE!! They're on fire too".

cc

Well put, but off the mark. You are shooting at an imaginary  target that just isn't there.

Guess I have to repeat it one last time
QuoteNowhere did I defend the US or any other country, or my own Canada.

For your info, I am not a Yank and won't attempt to make excuses for yankeeland.

I'm just sick of all the jealous twisted pricks (Many from Oz) whose hate for the US is so hot one can feel it on screen

Bricktop

Why does one have to be twisted to dislike America's conduct, in particular when it spreads its conduct to all four corners of the globe?

Why is it "hatred" to criticise a country that for too long has been selling itself as the "leader of the free world", and a "model nation"?

Why am I a prick for raising concerns over America's negative effect on other nations?

Well, if that is so...and you know I am immune to being called names...than I guess I am a "twisted prick".

But it won't change my views one little bit. Here, have some vegemite on toast. To honour your American conversion, I've also covered it in whipped cream.

cc

You have not changed my view ONE BIT .. in fact, you have only made me dig in harder and even more appreciate our friend to the south

Any beefs I have with it are not ALL of those you are obsessed with.

The current admin I detest. It has set back race relations 50 years ... and it still has 1 1/2 years to continue to race bait and take it further back .. and works its buns off every day trying to.

Iraq, which you guys helped with to an extent, I detest with a passion. Giving Iran another puppet state (the ONLY possible outcome)  was as stupid as it gets. Not expecting Shia to take over and Sunnis to fight back resulting in chaos was asinine. Anyone having anything to do with turning Iraq into Shia  should be shot and pissed on. (60% vs. 20 & 20 is a no brainer what will happen ... and DID)

Thinking Islamic countries can run on a democracy is ludicrous .. absolutely ludicrous

The gun thing in the US I will not defend but do understand and know that it will not go away. You can hate them as much as you wish, but the areas of highest shootings are the most heavily gun regulated areas in the country  and that's from all corners of the country -  point being that there is no simplistic solution as proven in every large city, each of which has serious regulation plus many shootings.

Hopefully they  can bring up economic standards plus instill higher expectations  for and in ghetto blacks some time soon and the gun problem will be greatly reduced along with other problems. I'm not sure that anyone can fix that now, but I do hope. If they cannot do that, and I don't see anyone on the horizon that will do that, their country is doomed.

Bricktop

Here's my problem.

America is a net exporter of violence, and weaponry.

If America truly cared about the world, it would demonstrate this 'leadership" it brags about, and start removing firearms from the community. By any and all means.