The best topic

Replies: 10413
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Gaybook

Started by Bricktop, June 29, 2015, 09:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Only if she is pledged to be married,
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

And does that mean you believe in corporal punishment for certain crime because the bible says so?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Only if she is pledged to be married,
No lol. See you can't just bust out mosaic law at whim, as if you think the bible is teaching us to live under mosaic law. It's not. Lol. Do know anything about ancient Hebrew culture?

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"And does that mean you believe in corporal punishment for certain crime because the bible says so?

Omgosh. You didn't learn squat, in youth group.  No I dont.  We are not ancient jews living under the law of moses.

RW

The passage you quoted says if a woman is pledged to be married and gets raped then therapist must die.  If not, the guy has to marry her and/or pay her farher.  

I do know how to read hon.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"And does that mean you believe in corporal punishment for certain crime because the bible says so?

Omgosh. You didn't learn squat, in youth group.  No I dont.  We are not ancient jews living under the law of moses.

Oh so we shouldn't follow the bible literally because it lacks contextual relevance for our time?

Thank you for finally agreeing with me :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Banish these thoughts that Christians are this and that. The last church I attended down the street from the house was an open and affirming Protestant church. I made a compromise with my family at that time. They agreed to come to church with me if we no longer drive across town for it. So, I agreed to attend church down the street from the house. Great. Convenient. Fine. Everyone's happy. This church happens to be an "open and affirming church." Their wonderful heterosexual pastor retired and the new pastor happens to be a lesbian. Eventually, my family complained about he politically-driven sermons and sermons that often focused on the gay agenda. Fuck it. Even I said this is not what I come to church for. Why do I need to hear a sermon every Sunday centered on the plight of gays and lesbians? It is not being against them. I just want a different content in the sermon. That is not the reason I go to church for. So, went back to driving across town. :tease:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

I just made a deal with God.  I don't go to church and he doesn't let me win the lottery.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Oh so we shouldn't follow the bible literally because it lacks contextual relevance for our time?

Thank you for finally agreeing with me :)
That's not what I said either. Yes, that was literally mosaic law. If you keep reading, you'll notice it blend with the nt, where Christ fulfills the law and Christianity I'd born. The OT, has history, poetry, promises, it's intent primarily deals with the unveiling of Christ.  I take it literally, and I know what I'm reading. It's a huge error to look at the bible as merely some rule book. It is far from that.

RW

So literally, rapists should have to either marry their victims or be put to death?

I know how the bible works but you follow it literally and don't cherry pick so....
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So literally, rapists should have to either marry their victims or be put to death?

Are you reading my response?  Are we living in BC times in ancient middle east under the law of moses?

RW

Quote from: "RW"So literally, rapists should have to either marry their victims or be put to death?

Are you reading my response?  Are we living in BC times in ancient middle east under the law of moses?

Do you know what "literally" means?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

I believe researchers have recently uncovered an ancient hard drive, with a new set of commandments for the modern age.

You shall have no other operating systems before Me.

You shall not make unauthorised copies

You shall not take the name of the operating system in vain.

Remember your bandwidth usage to avoid exceeding your limit.

Honor your mouse and your keyboard.

You shall not delete important files.

You shall not commit camsex, sexting or swap naked pics with strangers

You shall not steal another's wireless bandwidth

You shall not troll.

You shall not constantly upgrade your hardware to be cool.

RW

Geek section is ^^^ thatta way.
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Banish these thoughts that Christians are this and that. The last church I attended down the street from the house was an open and affirming Protestant church. I made a compromise with my family at that time. They agreed to come to church with me if we no longer drive across town for it. So, I agreed to attend church down the street from the house. Great. Convenient. Fine. Everyone's happy. This church happens to be an "open and affirming church." Their wonderful heterosexual pastor retired and the new pastor happens to be a lesbian. Eventually, my family complained about he politically-driven sermons and sermons that often focused on the gay agenda. Fuck it. Even I said this is not what I come to church for. Why do I need to hear a sermon every Sunday centered on the plight of gays and lesbians? It is not being against them. I just want a different content in the sermon. That is not the reason I go to church for. So, went back to driving across town. :tease:

....yeah but by the same token, a Church is neither a brothel for heterosexuals nor a gay bathhouse for homosexuals.

If I went to Church, why should I want to know or be forced to know a persons sexual orientation?

There's a contradiction amon the gay community on Canada. They often quote a former Prime Minister who said that the nation has no business in the bedrooms of the nation, and then turn around and blast what they considered private into everyones faces and let their private bedroom lives get advertized for all to knoe, even inplaces of worship. There's a time and place for everything, but a church shouldn't be a forum for that.