Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Can success and parenthood co-exist?

Started by Bricktop, July 03, 2015, 09:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dove"It all depends on your definition of sucess. I was raised in poverty by my grandmother. So to me....success is contentment under any circumstance. I think people generally set these standards for themselves and sacrifice what's truly important in meeting those standards.  Life requires balance.

We have a similar outlook Dove because that is how I see success..

Than again, if I had a career instead of a job, maybe I would have a different opinion.

ac_umm
 If you are in the faith you "know the secret to contentment in any situation ,  to living in prosperity and in poverty, with a full stomach or empty one, for you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength".  Paul wrote that in a prison cell.

RW

Quote from: "Keeper"My mother raised 5 children while my father was out working his ass off, its just how it was back then. I was the youngest and didn't really understand why dad wasn't home.

Did your dad come home at the end of the day?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"There are no doubt some success stories...although fewer than you might think...but there are far too many tragedies.

It's a hard slog keeping a career and family well balanced.

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Dove"It all depends on your definition of sucess. I was raised in poverty by my grandmother. So to me....success is contentment under any circumstance. I think people generally set these standards for themselves and sacrifice what's truly important in meeting those standards.  Life requires balance.

Than again, if I had a career instead of a job, maybe I would have a different opinion.

ac_umm
 If you are in the faith you "know the secret to contentment in any situation ,  to living in prosperity and in poverty, with a full stomach or empty one, for you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength".  Paul wrote that in a prison cell.

:001_rolleyes:
Blahhhhhh...

keeper

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Keeper"My mother raised 5 children while my father was out working his ass off, its just how it was back then. I was the youngest and didn't really understand why dad wasn't home.

Did your dad come home at the end of the day?

I didnt see him for months at a time. My mom had my Aunt living with us and her 2 kids, it was a nut house omg RW

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"

ac_umm

For me, there is only one way to contentment in any situation..

If I had a career instead of a job, that would not change.

Anonymous

Yes, you can have it all. It takes fucking work though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Success is measured differently by every person.

True enough. Since I am single, I cannot say if it is possible to balance a hectic career with raising kiddies. Those people that are able to find that right balancing act are unsung heroes.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"Yes, you can have it all. It takes fucking work though.

I think once you add constant travel into the mix it becomes damn near impossible.
Beware of Gaslighters!