Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Are you Nomophobic ?

Started by Pinay, November 19, 2012, 09:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinay

I just heard about this on the news today. I never thought there's such kind of a phobia  :o

Nomophobia is the fear of being out of mobile phone contact.The term, an abbreviation for "no-mobile-phone phobia",was coined during a study by the UK Post Office who commissioned YouGov, a UK-based research organisation to look at anxieties suffered by mobile phone users. The study found that nearly 53% of mobile phone users in Britain tend to be anxious when they "lose their mobile phone, run out of battery or credit, or have no network coverage". The study found that about 58% of men and 48% of women suffer from the phobia, and an additional 9% feel stressed when their mobile phones are off. The study sampled 2,163 people. Fifty-five percent of those surveyed cited keeping in touch with friends or family as the main reason that they got anxious when they could not use their mobile phones. The study compared stress levels induced by the average case of nomophobia to be on-par with those of "wedding day jitters" and trips to the dentists. Ten percent of those questioned said they needed to be contactable at all times because of work. It is, however, arguable that the word 'phobia' is misused and that in the majority of cases it is only a normal anxiety.

Anonymous

Pinay

Quote from: "Fashionista"Hi Pinay, I admit I am.

oh really ! ? do you love your cellphone as much as you love your hubby or you love your cellphone more ?  :D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pinay"
Quote from: "Fashionista"Hi Pinay, I admit I am.

oh really ! ? do you love your cellphone as much as you love your hubby or you love your cellphone more ?  :D

I love my husband more of course, but I am not sure if he believes me.

;)

@realAzhyaAryola

When we had the power outage here that took so long to get resolved in the summer time, I welcomed the inconvenience. I like to shock my system. When you're so used to something and then all of a sudden, it's not available, the first reaction is to panic and act nuts but I started this practice of actually welcoming it and try to enjoy it as a "change" and see where it leads. It leads to peace. Not only are you not acting panicky and filled with anxiety and dread but you just learn to roll with it. It will soon be up so enjoy the quiet and the silence. Calm your brain and rest your eyes and your fingers from the constant typing into the tiny keys. Haha! I don't like to be attached to something like that but I do realize how important it is. It's our connection to everyone.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Now when you watch Thriller or Horror movies, they can now add that into the scene where the victims are trying to get help but their cellphones die or have no satellite connection. Haha! It makes you upset for them too.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]