Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

God

Started by RW, July 28, 2015, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

1st Timothy 6:3 on.....prosperity gospel fans find it inflammatory.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"1st Timothy 6:3 on.....prosperity gospel fans find it inflammatory.

I seldom watch a televangelist for more than a couple of minutes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dove"1st Timothy 6:3 on.....prosperity gospel fans find it inflammatory.

I seldom watch a televangelist for more than a couple of minutes.
 I can't stomach it.  I saw this infomercail called the 'prophets touch' and it was all I could do not to call them and preach lol. My in laws listen to Meyers and Osteen a lot, read their books. I had to gently tell my mother in law that if we have our "best life now", that could only be true if we are on our way to hell.

J0E

I was driving a couple I knew somewhere on the weekend and they were sitting in the backseat.

The boyfriend was drunk and suddenly he got angry and started hitting and threatening to kill his girlfriend.

We stopped off somewhere, got out, and he began throwing objects at her.

I think they were unopened beer cans. Cripes he could have killed or severely maimed her.

I got so scared and fearful for her safety that when she got in and we drove off without taking him with us.

He phoned her back and demanded we turn back but I just kept on driving.

That incident really traumatized me and I'm still angry at the guy.

He was so awful that he was worse than the most violent and ill behaved child I've ever encountered.

He was scary and I really thought he was gonna kill her or physically destroy her.

I'm not terribly religious, but at that point I actually wished there was a God.

At that moment, I knew what pure evil in humans looks and sounds like.

And when you see it you actually wish that some higher power would deliver us from that iniquity.

I dunno. Maybe the hand of some God was guiding me to save her that night.

Any event, that incident still bothers and haunts me a great deal

Quote from: "Dove"I had gotten "in the flesh" with my husband and was driving to work feeling hopelessly sinful and talking to God about how I feel like a perpetual train wreck. I looked up to see the clouds were gold, the sunset sky was so beautiful, and then "I would die for you" by prince came on the radio.  God is comfort and deep inner peace ♡

Anonymous

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. - Ephesians 6:12.  You know they call alcohol "spirits" for a reason. You have to forgive that man. I think God showed you iniquity like that for a reason. The fact that you SAW it, for what it is, is meaningful.  When you see your own iniquity, oh man.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Frank"I was driving a couple I knew somewhere on the weekend and they were sitting in the backseat.

The boyfriend was drunk and suddenly he got angry and started hitting and threatening to kill his girlfriend.

I think they were unopened beer cans. Cripes he could have killed or severely maimed her.

I got so scared and fearful for her safety that when she got in and we drove off without taking him with us.

He was so awful that he was worse than the most violent and ill behaved child I've ever encountered.

He was scary and I really thought he was gonna kill her or physically destroy her.

I'm not terribly religious, but at that point I actually wished there was a God.

And when you see it you actually wish that some higher power would deliver us from that iniquity.

Quote from: "Dove"I had gotten "in the flesh" with my husband and was driving to work feeling hopelessly sinful and talking to God about how I feel like a perpetual train wreck. I looked up to see the clouds were gold, the sunset sky was so beautiful, and then "I would die for you" by prince came on the radio.  God is comfort and deep inner peace ♡

With respect and sympathy you think THAT represents the evil humans are capable of?

Oh, man...you ain't seen nuthin'.

Bricktop

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/KillerSpoons/Spoonage70v2.png">

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Frank"I was driving a couple I knew somewhere on the weekend and they were sitting in the backseat.

With respect and sympathy you think THAT represents the evil humans are capable of?

Oh, man...you ain't seen nuthin'.
 It's one thing to see some evil, have knowledge of evil. We toss around the word evil to label things we inherently know are wrong. Then you have a moment where the "scales drop off your eyes", and you actually see the evil...with more than your mind. You see it crystal clear, and it is traumatizing. It's not simply the drunk ranting guy that stabbed him in his core....it was the evil in it that God allowed him to see.

Bricktop

http://www.irreligion.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/bizarro_atheists.jpg">

RW

How immersed would you say you are in religion?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Oh...deeply....

RW

I don't understand something about the whole God thing....

You can be a huge piece of shit and do terrible things in your life and all will be forgiven if you repent while a person who has been decent and who has done nothing terribly bad will not go to the kingdom of heaven.

I can't help but feel just a little resentful of the born agains who got to fuck around while the rest of us behaved.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I don't understand something about the whole God thing....

You can be a huge piece of shit and do terrible things in your life and all will be forgiven if you repent while a person who has been decent and who has done nothing terribly bad will not go to the kingdom of heaven.

I can't help but feel just a little resentful of the born agains who got to fuck around while the rest of us behaved.

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone

RW

I said decent, not good :)

Why not just do terrible things and find God at the end of it and go to Heaven?!
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "RW"I don't understand something about the whole God thing....

Silly RW  :43(2):

See, I was told the decent people who behaved and never fucked around get to live in beautiful palaces and get waited on hand and foot, And the born agains are our servants  ac_dance

True Story. Sorry i dont have the "Timothy" for it.