Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

So proud of our little girl

Started by Frood, July 29, 2015, 08:45:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

We took her to her first fine restaurant tonight after traveling quite a distance in order to visit a really great Thai restaurant which was unexpectedly closed for renovations when we got there. The only sit down dining option available in the area by then was a slightly pretentious country establishment of well known culinary repute and no kids menu. They hobbled together what they thought a small kid might eat but it wasn't what many children would look at twice.

She had a local artisan pork sausage with mash potatoes, broccolini, and roasted pumpkin with pine nuts and a yoghurt sauce. She ate almost all of that plus a bit of crusty sourdough bread with local olive oil dip and one of my highly overpriced oysters. At no time did she act unruly, speak overly loud or too much. She didn't freak out when her plates and cutlery were regularly refreshed nor did she recoil when the nice waitress laid the linen serviette across her little lap. She also thanked the waitress at the appropriate moments without any prompting from us.

She was better behaved than at least two 50-60 year old braggart louts eating at nearby tables.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

RW

There truly is pride when a child exceeds expectations, especially in restaurants. :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

She remarked on the way home that there were pumpkins on top of the street light fittings and asked me to stop and get her one.

They were some sort of pumpkin like shaped glass fittings with a dull orange light. I didn't stop but told her she would get her very own pumpkin the following day because she was sooo good.

(Now I have to find a small pumpkin or gourd today  ac_smile )

Positive reinforcement for the win.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Everything in life should be rewarded with pumpkins!
Beware of Gaslighters!

reel

I grew a pumpkin plant this year.  It has exploded and is overtaking the whole garden and part of the driveway.  So far there are 20 pumpkins growing on it, with the promise of many more.

Lots of rewards coming.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"We took her to her first fine restaurant tonight after traveling quite a distance in order to visit a really great Thai restaurant which was unexpectedly closed for renovations when we got there. The only sit down dining option available in the area by then was a slightly pretentious country establishment of well known culinary repute and no kids menu. They hobbled together what they thought a small kid might eat but it wasn't what many children would look at twice.

She had a local artisan pork sausage with mash potatoes, broccolini, and roasted pumpkin with pine nuts and a yoghurt sauce. She ate almost all of that plus a bit of crusty sourdough bread with local olive oil dip and one of my highly overpriced oysters. At no time did she act unruly, speak overly loud or too much. She didn't freak out when her plates and cutlery were regularly refreshed nor did she recoil when the nice waitress laid the linen serviette across her little lap. She also thanked the waitress at the appropriate moments without any prompting from us.

She was better behaved than at least two 50-60 year old braggart louts eating at nearby tables.  ac_biggrin
 I've often seen my daughters display more manners and consideration than many adults. It's awesome when you wind up putting them 'to the test' and see they actually DO know how to act right lol.  Mine really only act out when they are getting sick.

RW

Quote from: "reel"I grew a pumpkin plant this year.  It has exploded and is overtaking the whole garden and part of the driveway.  So far there are 20 pumpkins growing on it, with the promise of many more.

Lots of rewards coming.

I should do that with my side garden.  I love pumpkins!
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

Very good. It is delightful indeed to see children behave well.

Let's just remember though that we cannot expect children to behave like adults but we can expect them to show good manners. Children are not adults so they don't have an adult person's maturity. Teachers want them to act like adults though so they push them to take Ritalin if they can't handle them. :laugh3:

My sons are not perfect but I thank them for not giving me the grief of throwing tantrums in public including restaurants. For that matter, I don't have children who threw tantrums at all. I remember how kids who throw tantrums can be annoying. I had a few cousins who were like that when we were all growing up. They were so irritating.

I taught my sons to call all adults Mr. and Mrs. so they do that. I often get, "Azhya, your sons are so polite." Whenever their pals call me by my first name, I often forget it's not the child's fault that their parents did not teach them good manners. I was not teaching my children to show inferiority to adults. I was teaching them to be respectful to those older than themselves.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"We took her to her first fine restaurant tonight after traveling quite a distance in order to visit a really great Thai restaurant which was unexpectedly closed for renovations when we got there. The only sit down dining option available in the area by then was a slightly pretentious country establishment of well known culinary repute and no kids menu. They hobbled together what they thought a small kid might eat but it wasn't what many children would look at twice.

Takes after her father, obviously.

ac_lmfao

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"I grew a pumpkin plant this year.  It has exploded and is overtaking the whole garden and part of the driveway.  So far there are 20 pumpkins growing on it, with the promise of many more.

Lots of rewards coming.

Hello reel, I am so happy to see you here again..

ac_hithere

I hope you are having a lovely summer.

ac_smile

Annie

It's rare for little ones to behave and have patience in restaurants, you did something exactly right, Diana. Good job!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: "RW"Everything in life should be rewarded with pumpkins!

She was! Picture later when she goes to bed.

(Her disfigured pumpkin full of scribbles is being slaughtered for the good of the family: soup!)  ac_biggrin

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.

(Except you, Spectre  ac_razz )
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"It's rare for little ones to behave and have patience in restaurants, you did something exactly right, Diana. Good job!

It is rare GrAnnie..

Which is why I always take notice when it happens.

keeper

And you blink and shes 18, Kids grow up so fast... enjoy the moments ac_smile

Frood

We've got two around that age bracket. Total hormonal pains in the ass. I can't wait for them to leave the nest.  ac_umm
Blahhhhhh...