The best topic

Replies: 10583
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:40:12 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Helter-Skelter

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, August 08, 2015, 09:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=424352 time=1634704122 user_id=3254
Calgary voters turned out in support of adding fluoride back into the city's tap water with roughly two-thirds of the ballots marked for the Yes side..

The results of the two other referendum questions won't be released until early next week.

Thanks Fash

I guess they needed our resident conspiracists to "save the people from themselves"   :wink:
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=424368 time=1634733141 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=424352 time=1634704122 user_id=3254
Calgary voters turned out in support of adding fluoride back into the city's tap water with roughly two-thirds of the ballots marked for the Yes side..

The results of the two other referendum questions won't be released until early next week.

Thanks Fash

I guess they needed our resident conspiracists to "save the people from themselves"   :wink:

Calgary voters voted 58 per cent in favour of removing equalization and 52 per cent against remvoving DST..

Provincial results for both will come next week.

Anonymous

China's economy is growing at the slowest pace in a year as the country reckons with power shortages, supply bottlenecks, sporadic outbreaks, and a slowing property sector. The 4.9 percent gross domestic product (GDP) growth during the third quarter was 3 percentage points down from the previous quarter, and worse than the already revised-down projections that analysts gave.

Evergrande, a leading Chinese developer in an industry that contributes almost one-third of the country's GDP, is struggling with more than $300 billion in debt, and has missed three rounds of bond payments in less than a month.

In the near term, Beijing has the ability to pump out credit to keep the economy going or dictate state firms to absorb outstanding debts, preventing one firm's collapse from morphing into a "Lehman moment" that weighs down the entire financial market. But over the long term, putting capital into zombie firms and "chasing good money after bad" would stagnate growth.

There is no obvious fix. While Chinese state media have for years been promoting a transition to a consumption-fueled economic model from an investment-fueled one, such messaging are merely paying lip service and the government is not doing anything structurally to make this happen.

One way to create a consumption wave, is to strengthen the currency by giving households more purchasing power.

Authorities could also transfer state assets to private hands and broaden social welfare programs for the needy. But most policies from Beijing are having the opposite effect from driving China toward a consumption-led economy.

cc

https://globalnews.ca/bc/">Cargo carrier on fire near Victoria BC, crew could be forced to abandon ship

The Canadian Coast Guard said the fire aboard the MV Zim Kingston was reported around 11 a.m., and was related to two damaged containers carrying hazardous materials.

Flames broke out on the MV Zim Kingston around 11 a.m., and was related to two damaged containers carrying hazardous materials.

It is the same vessel that lost an estimated 35-40 cargo containers in rough seas west of Vancouver Island on Thursday.

(They are floating all over the area last 2 days)

A spokesperson for Maritime Forces Pacific said the vessel's crew had been trying to fight the fire, but were unable to do so.

As of 5 p.m., the crew had mustered near the vessel's lifeboats, but that the ship's master had not yet given the call to abandon ship.

Odinson

-18 Celsius outside... Coldest yet.

Anonymous

Recent data has confirmed Evergrande's debt crisis has sent jitters through China's property market. Home sales plummeted around 17 percent over the year to September, following last month's 19.7 percent fall, according to recent data by China's National Bureau of Statistics.

"No one is buying new properties because they are getting afraid," Helen Qiao, chief Greater China economist at Bank of America, told Bloomberg Television on Oct. 17.

The slide in the property market is clearly having a broader effect on the economy. Recent data showed that China's third-quarter economic growth came in lower than expected at 4.9 percent over the year, following the 7.9 percent increase in the second quarter.

"The data reconfirmed our view that the property slowdown is one of the main drivers of the current China economic slowdown, on the back of financial tightening and property tightening," Mo Ji, chief China economist at Fidelity International., told the Wall Street Journal on Oct. 18.

Along with the slide in the property market, China is facing various economic headwinds. An energy crisis along with global supply chain disruptions are stunting manufacturing output, while pandemic-related uncertainty has left consumers reluctant to spend.

cc

[size=150]UP HERE IN CANADA[/size]

"Another's content"  so not automatic - [size=150]Just click word "Facebook"[/size]

">

Apologies for a cpl of quick  Trudy pics  :sad:

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=424995 time=1635188035 user_id=88

I can't see it.

cc

Even if you click on words "WATCH ON FACEBOOK"?

That triggers it for me

Anonymous

I saw it.....I like it cc.

cc

It is good - I'll try to see if I can get another source ^^

That cargo ship fire is mainly under control.

Meantime, the ante has been upped as there are now 106 containers floating around .. at least 2 having  extremely hazardous materials  .. likely more

Dunno how BC & likely Washington will get that number brought to port and pulled out of the water

cc

Success - Let it be a learning moment for our Aussie friends  ac_smile

">

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=425176 time=1635376596 user_id=88
It is good - I'll try to see if I can get another source ^^

Meantime, the ante has been upped as there are now 106 containers floating around .. at least 2 having  extremely hazardous materials  .. likely more

Dunno how BC & likely Washington will get that number brought to port and pulled out of the water

:ohmy:

Anonymous

Her is one way to fix traffic congestion.

[media]
">
[/media]

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=425182 time=1635377777 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=425176 time=1635376596 user_id=88

:ohmy:

They found 2 containers at shore  - 300 miles apart ... wow, the waters move .. There still is some fire