Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

SPECTRE'S ask a retired cop anything

Started by Bricktop, August 13, 2015, 01:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Renee"How many women did you pull over just to get their phone number or look down their blouse?

You missed one.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I think the Australia attitude of fair play tempers cops doing something quite so brutal here. It happens, no doubt. But once a guy is in handcuffs, then no further violence should be necessary.

For a start, those fucking things HURT.

It's a lot less common everywhere because a video of a beating showing up right after it happens on youtube is not good for a cop's promotion chances.

Bricktop

I'm sure that's a factor these days. Wasn't back then, of course.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Renee"How many women did you pull over just to get their phone number or look down their blouse?

You missed one.

It's okay, he doesn't have to answer; it was just a little levity. Cops in Australia are probably far too principled, straight-laced and evolved to do something like that anyway. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Kids with a police officer for a dad were bullied?!?!

I experienced a lot of bullying growing up but I don't ever remember any of it stemming from being the daughter of a cop. In fact I think it might have saved me some grief on occasion. I did get some minor teasing as a teen regarding what would happen if my dad ever busted me for smoking weed but it was pretty harmless and all in fun.

Things must be different in Oz.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

We didn't pick on people who had cop parents.  Then again, we didn't pick on anyone really.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

You missed one.

It's okay, he doesn't have to answer; it was just a little levity. Cops in Australia are probably far too principled, straight-laced and evolved to do something like that anyway. :laugh3:

I think he does.  It's ask a cop "anything".  You asked something.  He needs to answer.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"We didn't pick on people who had cop parents.  Then again, we didn't pick on anyone really.

We did. Small town and all, we knew who was pulled over or harassed and why. Most of it was hearsay or based on complete bullshit, but it was a power trip for the local minions in blue.

They never got invited to anything in our town and none of them lasted more than 2 years. They were punks replaced by punks. Most of them bused their children to out of the way schools because they knew they were punks. The ones who chose local schools had children who used to mouth off about things they overheard their parent say, and got severely put in their place by the rest of the town people, us kids included.
Blahhhhhh...

J0E

Quote from: "SPECTRE"If the lovely Dove can do it, so can I!!!

Go on. Ask me anything!!!!

EXCEPT HAVE YOU EVER SHOT ANYONE!!!!

acc_angry

Is there any truth to the statement, "Police officers dont't own their badges or uniforms, they are owned by them."

In other words, once a Cop always a cop, and even if a person wishes to dissociate themselves from their career in law enforcement, they never can because it's part of them for the rest of their life.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I think the Australia attitude of fair play tempers cops doing something quite so brutal here. It happens, no doubt. But once a guy is in handcuffs, then no further violence should be necessary.

Are you sure. This is a video of Aussie cops tasering an unarmed Aboriginal man with a learning disability.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCEQkGyvlM

Bricktop

I DID say it happens, didn't I?

No police force is squeaky clean. The main problem is they recruit humans to do the job.

Bricktop

You missed one.

Oops. Sorry.

Answer; ALL of them.

@realAzhyaAryola

Did you want to make it to "detective?"
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

Are you sure. This is a video of Aussie cops tasering an unarmed Aboriginal man with a learning disability.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYCEQkGyvlM
I fixed it for you Herman.

ac_smile

Bricktop

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Did you want to make it to "detective?"

I did undercover work for a while, in Vice.

But as a full time detective, no. It did not appeal.

Forget what you see in movies. Detective work is humdrum, tedious, and highly overrated.

Detectives rarely apprehend offenders. 90% of their time is conducting "enquiries".

It simply did not suit my psychology of needing a dynamic and challenging work environment. But, then again, after 20 years, neither did being a police officer.