Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Canada Freer Than Obongo's USA

Started by Anonymous, August 19, 2015, 04:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

HUMAN FREEDOM INDEX

The Fraser Institute's Human Freedom Index ranked 152 countries on data from 2008 to 2012.

THE 10 MOST FREE COUNTRIES

1. Hong Kong

2. Switzerland

3. Finland

4. Denmark

5. New Zealand

6. Canada

7. Australia

8. Ireland

9. United Kingdom

10. Sweden

THE 10 LEAST FREE COUNTRIES

143. Chad

144. Venezuela

145. Ethiopia

146. Algeria

147. Central African Republic

148. Yemen

149. Zimbabwe

150.Myanmar and Congo (tied)

152. Iran

RW

Who gives a fuck what that brainless "think tank" says.

Fuck the Fraser Institute.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

RW

That's the Fraser Institute for you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

By their logic, Syria is in the top ten most liveable countries.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

It's all bullshit. Just a quick glance and you can see anomalies all over the place because the numbers are all skewed. For example if you look at the charts for Rule of Law, Security, Movement. etc the UK holds 23rd place in 2008 but it then leap frogs all the way to 9th place in 2012. :laugh:  

How the fuck does that happen? Did sweeping social, political and legal changes happen in the UK in that 4 year time span????? I doubt it; it looks like some simply changed the data arbitrarily to fit their needs. In fact I suspect the whole study is agenda driven garbage.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

the shark hunter

... didn't know hong kong was a country ...

... that said, the list is probably about accurate.  every one of those supposedly free countries still has civil liberties problems though ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

RW

Quote from: "Renee"It's all bullshit. Just a quick glance and you can see anomalies all over the place because the numbers are all skewed. For example if you look at the charts for Rule of Law, Security, Movement. etc the UK holds 23rd place in 2008 but it then leap frogs all the way to 9th place in 2012. :laugh:  

How the fuck does that happen? Did sweeping social, political and legal changes happen in the UK in that 4 year time span????? I doubt it; it looks like some simply changed the data arbitrarily to fit their needs. In fact I suspect the whole study is agenda driven garbage.

Oh you can guarantee anything put out by the Fraser Institute is skewed garbage.  I don't say that as a supposed leftie about a right wing "think" tank.  It's THE bottom of the barrel in terms of research and intellectual standards.  I know just how badly first hand.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Hong Kong? Free?

ac_lmfao

Hong Kong used to be one of the freest economies in the world. Singapore has won that title away from them though. Canada has become a much freer economy over the past 20 years too.

Bricktop

Neither Hong Kong or Singapore are free SOCIETIES.

Certainly Singapore's economy is free...as long as you support Lee Kuan Yew's doctrine.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Neither Hong Kong or Singapore are free SOCIETIES.

Certainly Singapore's economy is free...as long as you support Lee Kuan Yew's doctrine.

The survey was based on economic freedom wasn't it?

Lance Leftardashian

Obama cares about the safety of everyone and has enacted a vast amount of laws to protect everybody including illegal immigrants.
I care, you pay

J0E

Canada isn't that free. There's a lot of overstepping by public officials of their mandates.

I've seen this of parties on the Left and Right.

They don't announce exactly what they intend to do during election time, and then they do an about face and do exactly the opposite of what they said they were going to do.

Ie - Harper never announced that he was going to cut home postal delivery in the last election, but went ahead and did it anyway. The Liberlas have been guilty of this sort of thing too.

What we need in Canada is accountability legislation which allows a sufficient number of citizen signatures to challenge a sitting government if it introduces legislation it did not announce during an election and hold referndums to see if the laws introduced can be struck down - the only exception being that which was introduced during a time of war, crisis or a national emergency.

Switzerland is one of the few nations where everybody's votes count.

Anyone, rich or poor, no matter which ethnicity, can vote in or down a piece of legislation.

Switzerland has a true participatory democracy where ever vote in every village from every region makes a difference.

We ought to learn from the Swiss and adopt their form of democracy as well.

Lance Leftardashian

It's no wonde that so  many immigrants from Hong Kong are returning to Hong Kong.
I care, you pay