The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

@realAzhyaAryola

You have probably seen this chart. It never fails to amaze me how China rose to the top. Their growth is just amazing. Incredible. I wish Canada would rise up there too. Watch China rise.

">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "seoulbro"Sorry Democrats, a recession before the 2020 election seems unlikely.

Retail sales rose more-than-expected in August

A broad measure of retail sales rose at a greater-than-expected rate in August, driven by sales from internet retailers, building materials sellers and auto dealers.

Headline retail sales rose 0.4% in August, the Commerce Department reported Friday, versus a 0.2% gain expected, according to Bloomberg-compiled data.

Excluding autos and gas sales, retail sales rose just 0.1% for the month, missing expectations for a 0.2% gain and coming off a 0.9% increase in July. Excluding motor vehicles and parts sales alone, retail sales were flat for the month, versus a 0.1% increase expected and 1.0% gain in July.

August's figures come on the heels of a much stronger-than-expected report from July, when headline retail sales rose an upwardly revised 0.8% for the month. Gains for July had been broad-based, driven by strong sales from e-commerce platforms, grocery stores and clothing retailers.

Yehey!

:thumbup:
@realAzhyaAryola

Gaon

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"You have probably seen this chart. It never fails to amaze me how China rose to the top. Their growth is just amazing. Incredible. I wish Canada would rise up there too. Watch China rise.

">

I notice the country I was born in, the USSR never made the list at any time.
The Russian Rock It

Gaon

Iranian backed fighters from Yemen attacked Saudi Arabia's biggest oil processing facility affecting half that country's production. While Saudi Arabia expects to bring that online within days, some energy analysts are expecting crude oil prices to surge to over seventy dollars per barrel.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

U.S. crude oil prices were up 12.84% to $61.89 per barrel.

cc

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"You have probably seen this chart. It never fails to amaze me how China rose to the top. Their growth is just amazing. Incredible. I wish Canada would rise up there too. Watch China rise.

">

Well, for the past 2 - 3 decades, we have bought 4 x as much as we have sold them ... pouring money into china

No surprise here, but it's politicians from Western counties that encouraged our suicide

Thanks to our folly it is now a powerhouse that will have negative effects on the West for the future

Alongside and about equal to our other self-destructive immigration policies, stupidity beyond belief
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

">

Well, for the past 2 - 3 decades, we have bought 4 x as much as we have sold them ... pouring money into china

No surprise here, but it's politicians from Western counties that encouraged our suicide

Thanks to our folly it is now a powerhouse that will have negative effects on the West for the future

Alongside and about equal to our other self-destructive immigration policies, stupidity beyond belief
 :ohmy:

Anonymous

Canada's main stock index dipped as it failed to match the exuberance in the U.S. Friday despite a partial trade deal with China.

The S&P/TSX composite index lost half a per cent on the day compared with 1.2 to 1.4 per cent gains by the three New York stock markets.

The S&P/TSX composite index closed down 7.52 points at 16,415.16, lower than where it ended a week ago.

In New York, the Dow Jones industrial average was up 319.92 points at 26,816.59. The S&P 500 index was up 32.14 points at 2,970.27, while the Nasdaq composite was up 106.26 points at 8,057.04, after climbing nearly 2.1 per cent in earlier trading.

U.S. investors reacted to hopeful signs of progress in the 15-month trade war with China even though the areas of agreement are narrow and don't touch on major points of dispute.

The United States is suspending a tariff hike on US$250 billion in Chinese imports that was set to take effect Tuesday, and China agreed to buy US$40 billion to US$50 billion in U.S. farm products.

The November crude contract was up US$1.15 at US$54.70 per barrel. Oil prices rose after two missiles struck an Iranian tanker travelling through the Red Sea off the coast of Saudi Arabia on Friday.

Anonymous

The TSX, the Dow, S&P 500 had a good week, all closing up. West Texas crude closed up 43 cents at $56.66 per barrrel. WCS was up eighteen cents to $39.65.

Anonymous

The chief banker of a country so saddled by debt-and-deficits warns the common folk that our nation's economic "resilience" will be tested as the bad times inch forward.

There was Bank of Canada Gov. Stephen Poloz, stating midweek he was holding the benchmark interest rate at 1.75%, but, warning that Canada's relatively long run of good luck could soon end.

We have reached the stage where years of really low interest rates has made 1.75% no longer looking like free and easy money.

Investment is fleeing Trudeau's Canada. The only thing holding us up is robust US economy.

Anonymous

WESTERN ANGST DRAGS DOWN CONSUMER CONFIDENCE

Canadian consumer sentiment worsened through october amid rising uncertainty about the economic outlook, and as westerners come to grips with an election that handed a second term to Justin Trudeau's Liberals, a result perceived as potentially bad for the energy industry.

The bloomberg Nanos Canadian Confidence Index — a composite gauge based on weekly telephone polling — ended october at 56.7, down from 57.8 at the end of september. The economic mood index for the resource-rich prairie provinces dropped 3.8 points from the previous month to the lowest level since may, with most of that decline coming in the two weeks following the oct. 21 election.

although they returned to power with a minority government, Trudeau's Liberals were completely shut out of of alberta and saskatchewan, where discontent with the federal government's approach to resource development is strongest. The ongoing delays facing the completion of the Trans mountain pipeline expansion project have been a particular sore spot in alberta.

Anonymous

America's yield curve is no longer inverted. From mid-October, long-term bond yields rose back above short ones (a move accompanied by other bullish financial-market signs, like rising stocks).

Anonymous

The Dow closed at an all time high of 28,036. :thumbup:

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"The Dow closed at an all time high of 28,036. :thumbup:

We invest for the long term, but I notice our investments are doing quite well presently.

Print
User actions