The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Money Sense

Started by Anonymous, August 20, 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: DKG post_id=496490 time=1679953297 user_id=3390
Start-up funding will be harder to get.

Good. Most of them aint real products. Stupid apps or social media.

DKG

It seems that Jerome Powell's work isn't yet done, with economists expecting the Fed to stay true to its word and raise rates one more time in order to reach the "point of pain".

Top economists are predicting the Fed will hike up rates by another quarter percentage point in order to get inflation under control this spring—as long as the banking crisis doesn't bleed into a full-blown contagion—and then stop the upwards cycle.

DKG

The markets had a great week. But, I fear the second half growth could slow to a crawl or even contract. Rapidly tightening credit conditions, exacerbated by the banking crisis could fuel a downturn. The Fed's monetary tightening and banks' increased wariness toward lending squeeze credit flows and set the stage for a recession.

Lokmar

I know of companies that are cutting production right now but are keeping their AOP projections where they are so investors dont get spooked. Thats called stock price manipulation.

JOE

Slightly off topic, hope it doesn't derail DKG's thread too much.

Biggest banks in the world by Market Cap:

https://companiesmarketcap.com/banks/largest-banks-by-market-cap/">https://companiesmarketcap.com/banks/la ... arket-cap/">https://companiesmarketcap.com/banks/largest-banks-by-market-cap/

....Interesting, some of them are Canadian.

Lokmar

I talked to someone Friday that has second hand info that says interest rates will be cut again by Q4 because the economy will be in the shitter so bad.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=496867 time=1680463660 user_id=3351
I talked to someone Friday that has second hand info that says interest rates will be cut again by Q4 because the economy will be in the shitter so bad.

That is a distinct possiblility. The Bank of Canada is already finished raising rates.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=496875 time=1680467986 user_id=3390
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=496867 time=1680463660 user_id=3351

That is a distinct possiblility. The Bank of Canada is already finished raising rates.

My prediction is Sept/Oct. get here and the economy completely shits the bed. By Nov. the retailers will be screaming their fool heads off. Their only hope is lowered interest rates. The possibility remains that the joetato company is too fuking dumb to throw em a life raft.

DKG

ESG-conscious executives at Anheuser-Busch may have discounted the initial backlash against Bud Light's partnership with female impersonator Dylan Mulvaney, but they are unlikely to ignore the Monday morning drop in their company's share price.

The stock price for Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (BUD) closed last week at $66.34 per share. Monday morning, the price fell precipitously, opening at $64.99.

Herman

Quote from: DKG post_id=497494 time=1681246764 user_id=3390
ESG-conscious executives at Anheuser-Busch may have discounted the initial backlash against Bud Light's partnership with female impersonator Dylan Mulvaney, but they are unlikely to ignore the Monday morning drop in their company's share price.

The stock price for Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV (BUD) closed last week at $66.34 per share. Monday morning, the price fell precipitously, opening at $64.99.

It's fake beer promoted by a fake woman.

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=496885 time=1680474285 user_id=3351
Quote from: DKG post_id=496875 time=1680467986 user_id=3390

My prediction is Sept/Oct. get here and the economy completely shits the bed. By Nov. the retailers will be screaming their fool heads off. Their only hope is lowered interest rates. The possibility remains that the joetato company is too fuking dumb to throw em a life raft.

This is a guy ta watch....Lokmeer!

Michael Markowski

">

Many of his predictions came true in the past, eh?

DKG might also be interested in what the guy has ta say.

DKG

U.S. inflation eased in March to its lowest level in nearly two years, but underlying price pressures likely keep the door open for the Federal Reserve to consider another interest-rate increase at its May meeting.

The consumer-price index, a closely watched inflation gauge that measures what consumers pay for goods and services, rose 5% last month from a year earlier, down from February's 6% increase and the smallest gain since May 2021, the Labor Department said Wednesday.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE post_id=497510 time=1681286798 user_id=97
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=496885 time=1680474285 user_id=3351

This is a guy ta watch....Lokmeer!

Michael Markowski

">

Many of his predictions came true in the past, eh?

DKG might also be interested in what the guy has ta say.

One things for sure, josephine. Not a single one of your predictions of the market totally crashing under Trump came true. Fuktard.

DKG

He doesn't care. Joe did not invest for his own retirement like normal people do. He is dependent on OAS/GIS and whatever he paid into CPP.

JOE

Quote from: DKG post_id=497538 time=1681325989 user_id=3390
He doesn't care. Joe did not invest for his own retirement like normal people do. He is dependent on OAS/GIS and whatever he paid into CPP.

Actually DKG, I don't necessarily agree with Markowski's prediction about a Global depression, who is the guy in the video.

Just as there could be a massive crash, there very well might NOT be.

Or...it could be isolated to 1 or 2 sectors.

Or...it could be a series of mini-crashes spread out over an extended period of time

So...the market could be in a 'bear' but could end up just going sideways like it did during the 1970s.

However....I agree with his analysis of keeping large amounts of money in safe places, as the market is extremely volatile and investors and scared. In other words...be cautious.

Isn't that what hedge investor Ray Dalio has recommended?

">