Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Black Gold

Started by RW, August 22, 2015, 02:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Why don't oil producing countries like Canada say F U to Middle Eastern oil and use our own supplies until things balance out?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

The West wants to use up other peoples supply first. They're hoarding.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

What happened to my masterful and thorough post supporting the OP in detail right after RW's opener?

OK, so how did you steal it Dinky?

Anyhow, it ended with - Shen, is the total oil capacity of N America enough for self-sufficiency - providing we did not sell any overseas ? Right now  N America does both sell and buy
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

That is weird cc.  I did read it.

Checking logs now...
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

I thank you!!

Could have sworn it posted OK, but maybe my memory of seeing it posted is wrong and I goofed up

It wasn't quite as brilliant as I billed it to be anyhow  ac_smile

I'll get back to doing it again later - but in essence I'm a believer in NOT buying anything that gives terror supporting countries a dime

RW

I saw the post but there's no record of it being deleted on the mod end so I'll give it a better look from my desk.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

OK Thanks!!

So it wasn't my imagination after all .. whew

If not there, no biggy, stuff happens

Frood

Quote from: "cc la femme"OK Thanks!!

So it wasn't my imagination after all .. whew

If not there, no biggy, stuff happens

Don't listen to RW, CC. It was me who did it. I super hacked my way into TBC with a Casio calculator and Bill Murray's proton pack but I'll duck, weave, and deflect if anyone accuses me of it.  :roll:
Blahhhhhh...

cc

We KNEW it!!. all along

We were just playing dumb (now, there's a setup), until your wanting to take credit got the best of you

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"What happened to my masterful and thorough post supporting the OP in detail right after RW's opener?

OK, so how did you steal it Dinky?

Anyhow, it ended with - Shen, is the total oil capacity of N America enough for self-sufficiency - providing we did not sell any overseas ? Right now  N America does both sell and buy

Absolutely. It makes me sick that some people in this country would rather see Eastern refineries import oil from places like North Africa than refine Alberta/Saskatchewan crude.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"The West wants to use up other peoples supply first. They're hoarding.

I know that $400 million/year Greenpeace corporation would prefer oil from countries where birds wouldn't lay eggs than from Canada.

RW

So what's stopping us from pulling Alberta out of this slump and using our own product?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"So what's stopping us from pulling Alberta out of this slump and using our own product?

Greenie rhetoric and governments prepared to go along with it so as to use up everyone else's easy product first and when the pumps eventually run dry, world dominance.

Why eat the treats out of your own pantry when your poorer neighbors are willing to use up theirs and feed you instead? So you feast until your neighbors run out then cut them loose when they've got nothing to offer.

The West is mostly sitting on their petroleum prospects and I believe they will for many more decades to come.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"So what's stopping us from pulling Alberta out of this slump and using our own product?

https://news-images.vice.com/images/articles/meta/2015/05/12/tension-ramps-up-over-proposed-energy-east-pipeline-in-canada-1431460105.jpg?crop=1xw:0.39313984168865435xh;0xw,0.06068601583113457xh&resize=2000:*&output-format=image/jpeg&output-quality=75">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"

Greenie rhetoric and governments prepared to go along with it so as to use up everyone else's easy product first and when the pumps eventually run dry, world dominance.

Why eat the treats out of your own pantry when your poorer neighbors are willing to use up theirs and feed you instead? So you feast until your neighbors run out then cut them loose when they've got nothing to offer.

The West is mostly sitting on their petroleum prospects and I believe they will for many more decades to come.

Quite the opposite in fact. OPEC has no interest is losing market share to Canadian oil. They would prefer we bought it from the likes of Nigeria than use our own.