The best topic

Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Hey RDL

Started by RW, August 22, 2015, 08:33:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Odinson"But you are infact the kind of a gal who just cant help it.. You gotta take a look..

In someway..

And you are "in fact" the kinda guy that just can't STFU.

Maybe if you would sit on my lap and I sing you a song, you would think differently.  :laugh:

Never going to happen,....fap boy.  :sneaky2:

Oh you know it could happen.. Youssa always a meanie towards me.

I could come into those faires dressed as the pope.

Why don't you just come as the ass end of a horse and save yourself the effort of dressing up?  ac_biggrin

Is it like LARPing?

I guess for those that dress for fun and just come to hang out it could be considered similar to larping but most Renn rats don't like to be lumped in with the larping geeks. For those who are paid performers it's a job. For paid performers it's a full time acting gig and they take it seriously. Many travel all over the country and perform at multiple faires; others are actual professional stage actors.

Aint larping like fighting against each other dressed as lord of the rings characters for example? Live action role play.. World of warcraft in real life.

Damn, USA has a market for everything.. The costume faires might be really fun but there really isnt a crowd for them in here.

That costume thing is only raising its head in the southern parts of this country.

Larping takes quite a few forms, the latest craze seems to be this "steam punk" stuff. The most common and what you are probably referring to is the SCA (society for creative anachronism) They have chapters all over the country and in Europe as well. They have annual gatherings or wars where hundreds of people dress in armor and beat the hell out of each other with simulated weapons like idiots. That would be more your speed.

Yea that sounds like my thing.  :laugh3:

And since you are already brain damaged, you wouldn't even need to invest in a helmet.  :laugh3:

Oh yeah, damn, theres that..  :laugh:

They had males with long hair back in the day?

There were atleast in the movies.

Renee

And since you are already brain damaged, you wouldn't even need to invest in a helmet.  :laugh3:

That's up to you and what you want to portray. If you are going for a dark age persona, long hair would be fine. In fact filthy unkept long hair full of fleas would be best.  ac_biggrin

As for male hairstyles during the Renaissance; they were usually short right up until the end of the 16th century. People didn't bathe much back then and short hair made it easier to pick out the lice.  :laugh:

That's another point where renn faire performers differ from SCA or Larp geeks. Renn rats like to shower so that they don't smell. Certain standards of historic authenticity are expected and required but stinking like an old wet sock isn't one of them.

At large gatherings of SCA hobbyists, shower facilities are kind of scarce and by the end of a week of fighting, you can only begin to imagine the smell of humanity emanating from the battlefield.  :beurk:  There again you would probably fit in quite well.  :laugh:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

That's up to you and what you want to portray. If you are going for a dark age persona, long hair would be fine. In fact filthy unkept long hair full of fleas would be best.  ac_biggrin

As for male hairstyles during the Renaissance; they were usually short right up until the end of the 16th century. People didn't bathe much back then and short hair made it easier to pick out the lice.  :laugh:

That's another point where renn faire performers differ from SCA or Larp geeks. Renn rats like to shower so that they don't smell. Certain standards of historic authenticity are expected and required but stinking like an old wet sock isn't one of them.

At large gatherings of SCA hobbyists, shower facilities are kind of scarce and by the end of a week of fighting, you can only begin to imagine the smell of humanity emanating from the battlefield.  :beurk:  There again you would probably fit in quite well.  :laugh:

Might be suprising but I smell sweet at all times.  :laugh:

Renee

Yeah, so do stink bugs.  :001_rolleyes:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Richard-RDL

Quote from: "RW"Love that avatar Renee!

I love it too ac_smile

Richard-RDL

Quote from: "Richard-RDL"

Yeah, that would be like you investing in a fat suit :laugh:

Really, that wasn't very nice of you. You cried when I left but now that I'm back, you go out of your way to insult me?  :2r4ml1j_th:

Ya know Richard, just because you are homosexual and a little disturbed, it doesn't absolve you of the social responsibility of interacting with women properly. This talking shit about RW on other forums along with this penchant for insulting me for no good reason is really unacceptable. Isn't it time you grew up and stopped acting like a man-boy? Do you want to be a fringe dwelling, misfit for the entirety of your life? If so, that's quite sad.  ac_unsure

I'm sorry, please forgive me ac_wub

Odinson

I smell like coconuts now.

Renee

I despise the odor of coconut, especially when it's that fake perfume like shit that you find in lotions and body wash.  :yuk:

Odinson

I despise the odor of coconut, especially when it's that fake perfume like shit that you find in lotions and body wash.  :yuk:

Its solid in the jar... Have to melt it to a oil..

It doesnt smell bad and it seems to make my skin look good.

Renee

Sounds like actual coconut oil. Before you melt it, is it hard and waxy, almost like paraffin or candle wax?

Richard-RDL

I love the smell of coconuts.

I had coconut rum in 2009, but aside from the horrid taste of the alcohol itself, the coconut flavor was actually pretty good.

More recently, I took 50 ml of coconut-infused vodka and mixed it with 500 ml of Coca-Cola.  Loved it.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Love that avatar Renee!

Thanks.

Odinson

Sounds like actual coconut oil. Before you melt it, is it hard and waxy, almost like paraffin or candle wax?

Yea like candle wax.. Depending on the room temperature. You can bend a spoon trying to carve it out.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview