... being felt by whom, RW?

Apparently the CBC in Toronto. :laugh3:

RW

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "the shark hunter"
Quote from: "RW"Yes, they are.

I'm glad you find this funny because I don't.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"Yes, they are.

I'm glad you find this funny because I don't.

What else do you want me to say? It's ignorance on a religious level.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"I don't understand how anyone can think fracking is a good idea.  Maybe one of you oil and gas shills can justify this process.

I am hardly a gas and oil shill or shill for anyone or anything..

It seems you may be putting a little too much trust in something you don't understand based on articles that may be inaccurate..

I don't know anything about what fracking is either, but I know not everything I read about it is entirely accurate..

My husband does know a lot about it, and he too says there is so much misinformation about it..

I trust his experience over a CBC study.

When someone stoops to calling you a name like shill, it shows they have given up because they do not have enough knowledge about the subject.

I have spent 29 years in the oil and gas racket. I have fracked a lot of wells and I have never harmed water tables or caused an earthquake. Yet, whenever the subject of fracking comes up, if I don't subscribe to what the council of Canadians says about fracking, I must be a greedy shill. Meh, I have a clear conscience and I won't waste my breath on irrationality.

RW

You won't explain anything either.  I am giving you an opportunity to dispute things like Gasland and earthquakes.  I won't hold my breath for an answer on either because select information is the MO of oil and gas companies.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

When how nasty fracking is truly comes to light, I wonder if all these frackers will have a hard time sleeping at night knowing what they've done?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Earthquake Info

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/48828/20150426/usgs-confirms-wasterwater-fracking-causes-earthquakes-finally.htm">http://www.techtimes.com/articles/48828 ... inally.htm">http://www.techtimes.com/articles/48828/20150426/usgs-confirms-wasterwater-fracking-causes-earthquakes-finally.htm

Does the USGS know more than me and the CBC Herman?
Beware of Gaslighters!

the shark hunter

Quote from: "RW"You see, oil and gas companies have a reputation for being lying sacks of shit who have had their asses sued many times

... no they don't have a reputation for lying, RW.  they have a reputation for selling us fuel for our vehicles and that's about it.  but the BC government sure has a reputation for lying.  that's why we don't ever take their accusations on face value ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

RW

Quote from: "RW"You see, oil and gas companies have a reputation for being lying sacks of shit who have had their asses sued many times

... no they don't have a reputation for lying, RW.  they have a reputation for selling us fuel for our vehicles and that's about it.  but the BC government sure has a reputation for lying.  that's why we don't ever take their accusations on face value ...

You don't keep up on the topic much do you?

There have been some very big class action suits against oil and gas companies in the U.S.
Beware of Gaslighters!

the shark hunter

Quote from: "RW"

You don't keep up on the topic much do you?

There have been some very big class action suits against oil and gas companies in the U.S.

... hasn't affected their reputation with the general public up here though ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"I agree with RW, Herman, there was no need for a second thread about fracking.

He may have not noticed the previous thread, Herman is always very courteous and easy to get along with.

Maybe you guys could combine? and let him know the active link?

PS. I do like the way you guys keep this place tidy and don't allow multiple directly related threads to clutter the place

If I inadvertently offend, move me. I'll gladly  take a spanking too  ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"You won't explain anything either.  I am giving you an opportunity to dispute things like Gasland and earthquakes.  I won't hold my breath for an answer on either because select information is the MO of oil and gas companies.

Explain what? It appears you have made up your mind?

What I will tell you is I would like the word fracking to disappear. It's too homogeneous for something where each formation, and each well is different. Something Gasland or the CBC study misleads people about. I am doing a workover right now in the Bakken. We have stimulated tens of thousands of wells in South East Saskatchewan, and injection is the common method to dispose of waste water. Have we had any noticeable earthquakes due to waste water being shot into the ground? Sorry, it hasn't happened. The rock in Saskatchewan doesn't have much natural pressure inside it. We have had minor quakes from industry, but it has been salt dissolution.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"When how nasty fracking is truly comes to light, I wonder if all these frackers will have a hard time sleeping at night knowing what they've done?

RW, your being irrational about an industry you are ignorant of. There have been something like 250,000 pressurized wells stimulated using some of the various fracking methods. Where is the disaster that I am supposed to have ha hard time sleeping about?