News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Trump family fortune based on a Yukon gold-rush brothel?

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, September 19, 2015, 02:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gay Boy Roberto

(CBC)

Donald Trump's grandfather started the family fortune in an adventure that involved the Klondike gold rush, the Mounties, prostitution and twists of fate that pushed him to New York City.

Friedrich Trump had been in North America a few years when he set out for the Yukon, says an author who's just completed a new edition of her multi-generational family biography.

That Canadian chapter proved pivotal for the entrepreneurial German immigrant, says Gwenda Blair, author of The Trumps: Three Generations That Built An Empire.

"It allowed him to get together the nest egg he'd come to the United States for," the author and Columbia University journalism professor said in an interview.

"Whether he could've accumulated that much money somewhere else, in that short a period of time, as a young man with no connections, and initially not even English, is certainly ... unlikely."

In his three years in Canada, Trump opened the Arctic Restaurant and Hotel in two locations with a partner — first on Bennett Lake in northern B.C., and then moving it to Whitehorse, Yukon.

Their two-storey wood-framed establishment gained a reputation as the finest eatery in the area, Blair said — offering salmon, duck, caribou, and oysters.

It offered more than food.

"The bulk of the cash flow came from the sale of liquor and sex," Blair wrote. She cited newspaper ads referring obliquely to prostitution — mentioning private suites for ladies, and scales in the rooms so patrons could weigh gold if they preferred to pay for services that way.

One Yukon Sun writer moralized about the backroom goings-on: "For single men the Arctic has the best restaurant," he wrote, "but I would not advise respectable women to go there to sleep as they are liable to hear that which would be repugnant to their feelings and uttered, too, by the depraved of their own sex."
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Roberto"(CBC)

Donald Trump's grandfather started the family fortune in an adventure that involved the Klondike gold rush, the Mounties, prostitution and twists of fate that pushed him to New York City.

Friedrich Trump had been in North America a few years when he set out for the Yukon, says an author who's just completed a new edition of her multi-generational family biography.

That Canadian chapter proved pivotal for the entrepreneurial German immigrant, says Gwenda Blair, author of The Trumps: Three Generations That Built An Empire.

"It allowed him to get together the nest egg he'd come to the United States for," the author and Columbia University journalism professor said in an interview.

"Whether he could've accumulated that much money somewhere else, in that short a period of time, as a young man with no connections, and initially not even English, is certainly ... unlikely."

In his three years in Canada, Trump opened the Arctic Restaurant and Hotel in two locations with a partner — first on Bennett Lake in northern B.C., and then moving it to Whitehorse, Yukon.

Their two-storey wood-framed establishment gained a reputation as the finest eatery in the area, Blair said — offering salmon, duck, caribou, and oysters.

It offered more than food.

"The bulk of the cash flow came from the sale of liquor and sex," Blair wrote. She cited newspaper ads referring obliquely to prostitution — mentioning private suites for ladies, and scales in the rooms so patrons could weigh gold if they preferred to pay for services that way.

One Yukon Sun writer moralized about the backroom goings-on: "For single men the Arctic has the best restaurant," he wrote, "but I would not advise respectable women to go there to sleep as they are liable to hear that which would be repugnant to their feelings and uttered, too, by the depraved of their own sex."

Do you really think this gossip is politics Gay Boy Bob?

cc

prolly - obsession does terrible things to the mind
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"obsession overules logic

I don't see it as even being close to political cc la femme..

This is why I moved it to the main board.

cc

agree - it's just a person's obsession / fear at work.

Has nothing to do with anything let alone politics

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"agree - it's just a person's obsession / fear at work.

I like Gay Boy Bob, he's always been respectful and pleasant..

He gets silly at times with the politics, but so does Shen Li..

I can live with that.

cc

He? She? Whatever it is behind the internet persona  .... an imaginary persona that USED TO BE quite imaginative, entertaining and good fun in the old days

J0E

Quote from: "cc la femme"agree - it's just a person's obsession / fear at work.

I believe the story Bob posted is true.

Its somewhat similar to how Joe Kennedy, father of JFK, made his fortune, or at least made himself even more filthy rich - by selling bootleg booze to thirsty Americans during prohibitions.

And what do you suppose Kennedy had on board these ships or speakeasys?

Prostitutes no doubt.

Also, there's a connection between the Trump family's seedy past and Donalds obsession bagging Miss America beauty queens.

There's always dirt lining the gold facade.

You see, saints never become rich, especially in America.

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Fashionista"

... donald trump isn't political?  hmmm ...
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"

This story is not political the shark hunter..

And I will keep this thread out of politics.

the shark hunter

... with respect i have to disagree.  it's the CBC defaming trump as being involved in prostitution, an unsavory, immoral business.  and we're hearing it now because he has entered politics.  it's totally political ...

Anonymous

... with respect i have to disagree.  it's the CBC defaming trump as being involved in prostitution, an unsavory, immoral business.  and we're hearing it now because he has entered politics.  it's totally political ...

I value your opinion the shark hunter..

But, I do not see how the financial fortunes of someone's ancestors is relevant to their positions on policy..

I should add, that I am no fan of Donald Trump, but I guess that is political too.

the shark hunter

But, I do not see how the financial fortunes of someone's ancestors is relevant to their positions on policy..

I should add, that I am no fan of Donald Trump, but I guess that is political too.

... policy?  it's an attack on his character, basically saying he's a PIMP, or at least his granddaddy was ...

Anonymous

... policy?  it's an attack on his character, basically saying he's a pimp, or at least his granddaddy was ...

If his granddaddy was alive and seeking elected office then I will move any threads about him to the politics subforum.

the shark hunter

... policy?  it's an attack on his character, basically saying he's a pimp, or at least his granddaddy was ...

If his granddaddy was alive and seeking elected office then I will move any threads about him to the politics subforum.

... the location of the thread isn't an issue.  but it is a political attack on trump by the federal government of canada ...