Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Why Australian gun control was always doomed to fail

Started by Frood, September 22, 2015, 05:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Plausible?

Like you being too famous to be heard in person???

ac_lmfao

Somebody asked me not too long ago why I don't contribute more on topic matters here. You've just reinforced what I said to that person in my reply.  :001_rolleyes:
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"And what?

I give a fuck what your vacuous rationale is?

:7283gm_th:

The comment wasn't meant for you, you doddering old douchebag.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Newsflash to Tina Testicles...any comment you post in this forum is meant for any other member.

Idiot.

keeper

How many more threads are we going to move here because you 2 wont get along?

asal

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"A short length of pipe and a firing mechanism.  ac_toofunny

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2015/09/22/police-hold-new-concern-about-pipe-guns.html">http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national ... -guns.html">http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2015/09/22/police-hold-new-concern-about-pipe-guns.html

No mass murders - so gun control has been effective.  Just bad guys protecting themselves/attacking each other - not murdering masses.  I get that weird people could make one for themselves, or buy one - but it is an extra step in place.  When Australia has a similar frequency of mass murders to the States ... I'll eat my hat.

So, if it can only shoot one person at a time, you're ok with home made?

the scenarios offered:  1.  bad guys attacking and defending themselves - keeping it within their circles vs 2. mass shootings by a sad person with mental problems killing innocent strangers (often) for no gain.

Premise:  In these two scenarios, home made pipe guns are better.

A mental person could get hold of a home made pipe gun - the frequency of that happening is less than being able to buy one at a store because there are more barriers to access.  Conclusion:  Less frequency of mass murders is a better outcome.

You forgot a more dangerous and likely scenario.

In the middle of a windy summer heat spell, a bad guy or mentally ill retard drives along a highway throwing marine flares out the window into the dried grass and woodlands. He or she manages to cover 15 to 20 K's before they're stopped. The ensuing firestorm kills hundreds if not thousands and causes hundreds of billions in property and infrastructure damage.

Some motorists witnessed the flares being chucked, called the cops from their mobile phone, and followed the person. Some even attempt to drive him off the road with their vehicles. The arsonist waves what later turns out to be legally owned firearm and is not stopping. A single shot of a 12 gauge pipe shottie into the rear tyre might be enough to slow them down or completely stop them but alas, only, the cowardly and always late to the party cops here are the only ones permitted to have a loaded firearm on them in a moving vehicle much less in general, unless somebody flips out and disregards rules as in this case.

Some of the motorists who tried to stop him were pulling out of a road near their homes or out of their driveways. They lose loved ones. The arsonist planned his fire spree well. The hot winds were at their strongest and the temperature had been about 38C or more for over a week. The tinder was ripe for a firestorm.

The media and politicians call it an act of fire terrorism and they alongside the police call for greater control of marine flares, legally owned firearms, and the judicial system plans on stronger penalties.

If only everyday people were able to defend themselves and each other said nobody ever in Australia ever because we're a nation of weaklings on the hard topics. We don't have the stomach for it. We'd rather sports worship than take responsibility for ourselves and our communities.

Somehow, it's still about gun control though. Not vehicle control, fire control, mental illness control, or anything else. It's about the need to "get tough" or tougher on what amounts to a load of self serving government bullshit.

You want people to have access to firearms to protect themselves and each other.  I doubt you want air passengers to bring weapons on board for this purpose.  I don't know the history of firearms not being allowed to be carried by passengers - there must have been some good reasons.  Some people should not have access to weapons at some points in their lives - for this reason the public is safer when it is difficult to get access.

Frood

Quote from: "Keeper"How many more threads are we going to move here because you 2 wont get along?

It's not on me these days. I've done my best to keep topics and flame wars separate and have had to remind someone else about it. They obviously fail to grasp how their behavior reflects on them and not me. Or they're doing it intentionally and don't care.

Besides being paranoid,  Spectre is a moron.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

Quote from: "Keeper"How many more threads are we going to move here because you 2 wont get along?

It's not on me these days. I've done my best to keep topics and flame wars separate and have had to remind someone else about it. They obviously fail to grasp how their behavior reflects on them and not me. Or they're doing it intentionally and don't care.

He is neither paranoid or a moron.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

You quit your insulting charade, and we'll be fine.

You keep playing the members, including me, for chumps with your idiocy and deceit, and I'll keep kicking your ass.

I do not like trolls.

You are a troll.

This forum has no place for trolls.

Even a slightly handicapped drongo such as yourself can do those mathematics.

Frood

Quote from: "SPECTRE"

You quit your insulting charade, and we'll be fine.

Oh, it's me now is it? I've never had to repeatedly ask you to behave yourself in non flamer war sections, huh?

QuoteYou keep playing the members, including me, for chumps with your idiocy and deceit, and I'll keep kicking your ass.

Again with your baseless allegations, you paranoid old fruitloop.

QuoteI do not like trolls.

You are a troll.

This forum has no place for trolls.

:oeudC:

So my name Leopardsocks, the self admitted vanquisher of forum cohesiveness, now?   :001_rolleyes:

QuoteEven a slightly handicapped drongo such as yourself can do those mathematics.

Oh, I've added you up, all your parts, here and elsewhere with the help of wayback archives, and this "drongo" sees a bitter old tubby narcissist who can't help but to destroy anything he types his pitifully hollow words within.

For someone who pretends to love the forums he's at, you've got a funny way of showing it. You're like the kiss of death. A big fat wrinkly old kiss from a paranoid and perverted great uncle with wandering fingers.

I've tried my best to keep the topic matters apart from the insults and you've reacted time and time again by repeatedly blurring the lines. You don't want to make nice. You want a target, and let me tell you, chump, you've got another thing coming if you keep pushing the envelope. Unlike you, I am a nice person. I've bitten my tongue on a multitude of occasions but there are limits to my patience.

Either go fuck yourself, fuck off completely, or find it in your dehydrated old corpse to remain fucking pleasant if only for TBC's sake.

Your choice, shit for brains.  :JC_howdy:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"This thread is no longer about Australian gun control.

Yes, and no. Spectre is a gun in his own mind or a legend in his own lunchbox, but it amounts to a whole lot of Nerf projectiles and unedibles which can't be traded for long before people cotton onto a bullshit artist and momma's boy.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

If I wasn't so lazy I'd peel the crap out and leave it here on the floor.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

Quote from: "RW"If I wasn't so lazy I'd peel the crap out and leave it here on the floor.

Couldn't you wipe after each Number 2 and save yourself the hassle? Have you got a pooey fruit roll up bottom or what?  ac_razz
Blahhhhhh...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview