Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Why Australian gun control was always doomed to fail

Started by Frood, September 22, 2015, 05:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

A short length of pipe and a firing mechanism.  ac_toofunny

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2015/09/22/police-hold-new-concern-about-pipe-guns.html">http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national ... -guns.html">http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2015/09/22/police-hold-new-concern-about-pipe-guns.html

The scaremongering by the rabid dogs in blue continues.

QuoteVictorian criminals are turning simple lengths of pipe into make-shift shotguns in a trend that has police worried.

Officers have uncovered more than 20 of the crude weapons, which are capable of firing 12-gauge shotgun cartridges, since February.

Not only can the guns be deadly when fired, there's a concern they could malfunction and 'blow up in someone's face'.

'I wouldn't want to fire them and I wouldn't want anyone who doesn't know what they're doing to handle them,' Superintendent Stuart Bateson told reporters on Tuesday.

The weapons were found during searches of homes and vehicles in Melbourne's western suburbs.

Made from a short length of pipe with a firing mechanism, they can easily be concealed.

There have been some links to drugs though most people caught with the weapons say it was for protection.

'I think it's about access - they're able to get these types of firearms where they wouldn't normally be able to get a proper or manufactured firearm,' Supt Bateson said.

There were no reports of the guns being used although one man had faced court for manufacturing them in his backyard.

'I've got to say, I wouldn't want him manufacturing a firearm for my use,' Supt Bateson said.

'He's not a skilled tradesman and this is one of the real problems with these types of firearms.'

Last week the Victorian parliament passed new gun laws including a firearm manufacturing offence which carries a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment.

Anyone who finds one of the weapons should not touch it, but call police to have it safely removed.

ac_lmfao
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"A short length of pipe and a firing mechanism.  ac_toofunny

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2015/09/22/police-hold-new-concern-about-pipe-guns.html">http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national ... -guns.html">http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/2015/09/22/police-hold-new-concern-about-pipe-guns.html

QuoteVictorian criminals are turning simple lengths of pipe into make-shift shotguns in a trend that has police worried.

Officers have uncovered more than 20 of the crude weapons, which are capable of firing 12-gauge shotgun cartridges, since February.

Not only can the guns be deadly when fired, there's a concern they could malfunction and 'blow up in someone's face'.

'I wouldn't want to fire them and I wouldn't want anyone who doesn't know what they're doing to handle them,' Superintendent Stuart Bateson told reporters on Tuesday.

The weapons were found during searches of homes and vehicles in Melbourne's western suburbs.

Made from a short length of pipe with a firing mechanism, they can easily be concealed.

There have been some links to drugs though most people caught with the weapons say it was for protection.

'I think it's about access - they're able to get these types of firearms where they wouldn't normally be able to get a proper or manufactured firearm,' Supt Bateson said.

There were no reports of the guns being used although one man had faced court for manufacturing them in his backyard.

'I've got to say, I wouldn't want him manufacturing a firearm for my use,' Supt Bateson said.

'He's not a skilled tradesman and this is one of the real problems with these types of firearms.'

Last week the Victorian parliament passed new gun laws including a firearm manufacturing offence which carries a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment.

Anyone who finds one of the weapons should not touch it, but call police to have it safely removed.

ac_lmfao

It's that easy to make a gun that can be fired?

:ohmy:

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"A short length of pipe and a firing mechanism.  ac_toofunny

ac_lmfao

Farmers and private citizens have been doing it in places like the Philippines since the end of WWII and weapons they make aren't crude Aussie pipe shotguns either. Many of them are very close copies of guns made by legitimate companies.  

If there is a need, people will find a way. There is no real magic to making a projectile weapon of some kind but making it reliable and safe to fire is another story.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

ac_lmfao

Farmers and private citizens have been doing it in places like the Philippines since the end of WWII and weapons they make aren't crude Aussie pipe shotguns either. Many of them are very close copies of guns made by legitimate companies.  

If there is a need, people will find a way. There is no real magic to making a projectile weapon of some kind but making it reliable and safe to fire is another story.

That is shocking Renee..

Even if you restrict weapons, those people that want them will make their own.

Speaking of the Philippines, two Canadians were kidnapped at a resort near Davao City in the South..

Authorities don't know who is responsible yet.

asal

No mass murders - so gun control has been effective.  Just bad guys protecting themselves/attacking each other - not murdering masses.  I get that weird people could make one for themselves, or buy one - but it is an extra step in place.  When Australia has a similar frequency of mass murders to the States ... I'll eat my hat.

asal

That is shocking Renee..

Speaking of the Philippines, two Canadians were kidnapped at a resort near Davao City in the South..

CBC reported that it was Abu Sayyaf.  An islamic group that wants a philippine island to themselves.

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"
That is shocking Renee..

CBC reported that it was Abu Sayyaf.  An islamic group that wants a philippine island to themselves.

Thank you for letting us know asal.

asal

That is shocking Renee..

Thank you for letting us know asal.

It's a horrible story.  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/canadians-abducted-philippines-1.3237997">//http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/canadians-abducted-philippines-1.3237997

QuoteAbu Sayyaf militants are notorious for kidnapping foreigners and Filipinos for ransom in the vast Mindanao region. In 2001, Abu Sayyaf militants tried unsuccessfully to seize hostages from the Pearl Farm Beach Resort south of Ocean View during a ransom-kidnapping spree.

The Abu Sayyaf abducted 21 people, mostly European tourists, from a diving resort in neighbouring Malaysia in 2000, then abducted three Americans and 17 Filipinos the following year from the Dos Palmas resort in Palawan province southwest of Manila.

Abu Sayyaf gunmen are still holding other hostages, including two Malaysians, a Dutch bird watcher kidnapped nearly three years ago, and a town mayor. All are believed to be held by the militants in their jungle bases in southern Sulu province.

cc

Abu Sayyaf has been in business for many decades.

They are yet another hard core supremacist group that follows the supremacist Qu'omic Book's instructions to conquer using whatever means possible.

When we in the Filippines in the 90s, there were at least 5 very bloody attacks upon civilians in malls of Manila and many killings and captures in the south, all chalked up by Abu Sayyaf.

We heard and saw the bloody aftermath of one in the Shangri-La Hotel Mall in downtown Makati next to where we lived.

Mindanao is the main island of 3 larger islands along with dozens of smaller ones that  they have laid claim to  .. basically to the entire south if the Filippines.

My mate went to Davao briefly on a project just outside the city, but was given serious protection 24/7. There have been many slaughters, kidnapping and bombings in Davao and other predominantly xian areas.

As to capture of tourists, why anyone would tour there is beyond me. So many have been captured, tortured (it's islam, eh) and offered for ransom. Some killed. It''s all about supremacy and tourists are seen as a way to extort money to be used toward that end ... and the old self-protection from govt troops ...  "you attack us, we kill them" routine

KSM, Khalid Sheik Mohammad, the plotter of 911 worked plots with and trained Abu Sayyaf in the south during the late 80s and early 90s.

They had planned to use Abu Sayyaf  kill the pope in Jan 95 inManila, along with crashing airplanes into buildins later that year - fortunately their apartment, also not far from us  took fire from a bomb being cooked and Intel got their computer with all the planning on it. KSM had left the country 2 days earlier, and his nephew Ramzi Yousef, 1993 Tower bomber saw the fire and cops and ran away only to be caught later landing in Islamabad  

It was the learning from many horrific events and business meetings with islamist types  (hearing the supremacist attitude) during our stay in the Fils,  that solidified our interest in supremacist  islamism worldwide

islamist-ville is one huge loosely interconnected worldwide group .... made up of well over  100 (and growing) organized local groups  .... all connected by  islam  and its supremacist Qu'omic Book
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Renee

Moro Muslims in the islands of Mindanao and the Philippines have been there since the 14th century and they have held autonomous regions ever since. They've formed up-risings against the Spanish, the US, and the Japanese as well as the Philippine government. Muslims looking to be granted additional autonomous territory in the Philippines is nothing new.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

cc

True. And now, the Moros have split into several groups (Abu Sayyaf the most violent and cruel and most prominent so far as killing is concerned  today) and now several groups are killing each other for control of the movement.

IS, Al Nusra, Al Q anyone?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

Why is this a gun control failure?

Let these pipes blow up in their faces.  No fucks given.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

The only failure is Dinky's charade.

Few Australians would want to revert to the pre-buyback days, and those that wish to are gun freaks anyway.

Dinky loves to play anti-authority, when in real life he's as compliant and controlled as all the rest.

Frood

No mass murders - so gun control has been effective.  Just bad guys protecting themselves/attacking each other - not murdering masses.  I get that weird people could make one for themselves, or buy one - but it is an extra step in place.  When Australia has a similar frequency of mass murders to the States ... I'll eat my hat.

Divide the number of people in Australia into the number of legals and illegals in the United States, take that number (approximately 14), and multiply it by the number of multiple homicides, single homicides, drive by shootings, armed robberies, and various other weapons related incidents. You'll find that Australia isn't that much different to the US, except law abiding Australians are barred from owning a taser, crossbow, slingshot, mace,, brass knuckles plus anything which could be construed as a weapon during a house search or traffic stop subject to the police officer's or courts discretion. Two rolls of coin in a tube sock or an ax the day you went firewood hunting, or baseball bat after an impromptu game at the park with no proof, in the back of your ute might even land you in the courts. We're also mostly bunched up along the coasts in a handful of major capital cities and nearby suburbs. The interior is largely untouched by population.

Those 20 pipe shotties were discovered by searches or incidental discoveries and not as a result of any real crime. As was mentioned, one man was cited for making and selling them. Do you think he made all of those mere 20? If the bumbling and soulless Victoria Police found 20 in a greater timeline, rest assured there are tens of thousands if not more of these makeshift shotguns just in Victoria. That doesn't even take into account every Tom, Tamina, Dick, Dina, Harry and Harriet who have no need for pipe shotties because either they or their older relatives never bothered with the ridiculous and under market value Australian gun buyback scheme after Martin Bryant enabled an extremely insecure government system the opportunity to swoop in and deny its electors a basic fundamental principle of life, and redress if things get even worse than they already have been socially. It should also be mentioned that aside from no let up of gun crime (only legally owned gun crime) stabbings, glassings, and king hits have actually filled any small void left by the marginalizing of law abiding weapons owners. Home invasions here tend to end in homicide of one or more of the occupants but seldom ever the assailant. Self defence is a classed as a dirty term. We're told to dial 000 and say our prayers because, ultimately, individual life is cheap here.

So I laugh when the our State's police puke up a little weak wristed puff piece and our Media gets on its hands and knees, licks it up while taking multiple authority cocks in the front, back, bottom sides and giddily vomits, shits, and pelvic floor pushes it upon us.

I laugh harder when Vic Police try to tap into the community's sense of good workmanship.  ac_lmfao
Blahhhhhh...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview