Last post: Today at 02:06:33 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

The Paradox of Pope Francis’s Power

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, September 24, 2015, 09:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Yet it omits to explain that the Pope is a devotee and follower of a myth; a great lie that has caused as much misery in the world as any war, or brutal dictator.

He may be more humble than his predecessors. He may be "softer" in how he deals with the world. He may espouse "peace and harmony".

But we should never forget that this is a man who decries birth control. Who's organisation harbours one of the worst paedophilia rings in human history. Who commands the wealth of small nations while his flock lives in misery and poverty. Who believes that he has the power to ex-communicate, or put another way, condemn a believer to eternal damnation if he so pleases.

The Roman church is as much a hypocrisy as any other religion. When Stalin asked how many divisions the Pope has, he asked the wrong question. He should have asked how many divisions the Catholic church has created in human civilisation.

Then the face of true evil may take on a more benign look. A man with a wolf's mask would not be able to gather a flock of sheep.

I can't stomach this clown of a pope or the audience he is given and doesn't deserve.

Comparatively speaking, I rather like him.

Comparatively speaking, I dislike him even more.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"My dear, did George Bush go to Iraq and shoot Iraqis?

Did Hitler drop the Zyklon cannisters into the showers?

Did Stalin shoot his generals?

Hitler personally authorized the use of whatever means necessary to achieve "the final solution"

Stalin personally signed over 300 lists of names authorizing the excecution of 40,000 people.

I think it's a safe bet that Pope Francis never signed or authorized anything that allowed or condoned the act of pedophilia.

Dumbest analogy ever in the history of this forum. Why am I not surprised that it came from you? Could it be your penchant for dramatics or is it that you are just a weak minded geriatric who cannot help himself from becoming hysterical.

Either way, you once again have proven yourself to be a fool. How long is this going to on because to be honest, it's getting painful to watch. It's obvious that your glory days of being the biggest brain on the block are coming to and end. It's time to step aside old man.

They ended the day he shared a forum with you and I haha

Are you okay? ac_unsure
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Hitler personally authorized the use of whatever means necessary to achieve "the final solution"

Stalin personally signed over 300 lists of names authorizing the excecution of 40,000 people.

I think it's a safe bet that Pope Francis never signed or authorized anything that allowed or condoned the act of pedophilia.

Dumbest analogy ever in the history of this forum. Why am I not surprised that it came from you? Could it be your penchant for dramatics or is it that you are just a weak minded geriatric who cannot help himself from becoming hysterical.

Either way, you once again have proven yourself to be a fool. How long is this going to on because to be honest, it's getting painful to watch. It's obvious that your glory days of being the biggest brain on the block are coming to and end. It's time to step aside old man.

Are you okay? ac_unsure

Yeah.  I'm tired so I typoed my jab as usual.  DERP!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Are you okay? ac_unsure

Yeah.  I'm tired so I typoed my jab as usual.  DERP!

Shit, that's a relief. I thought you were having a TIA.

Go to bed.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Go to bed.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Why?

He tweets, good for him. He just addressed a joint session of congress and the UN. He forgets he's only a frickin bishop. He's not an elected politician, a scientist or a rock star. Stick to his stupid church's problems and leave issues he doesn't understand to those that know what they are doing.

This pope is sickening.

Renee

Go to bed.

Won't we all.

In the meantime, I've had enough fun.

Good night.

Anonymous

Go to bed.

Won't we all.

In the meantime, I've had enough fun.

Good night.

Good night Renee.

Anonymous

I don't care nor do I pay attention to anything any pope says or does anymore than I care what the moderator of the United Church or the archbishop of Canterbury say or do.

RW

He tweets, good for him. He just addressed a joint session of congress and the UN. He forgets he's only a frickin bishop. He's not an elected politician, a scientist or a rock star. Stick to his stupid church's problems and leave issues he doesn't understand to those that know what they are doing.

This pope is sickening.

He's the elected head of the COUNTRY called the Vatican.
Beware of Gaslighters!

westcoastguy

This pope is sickening.

He's the elected head of the COUNTRY called the Vatican.

The status dates back to a treaty Vittorio Emmanuel (the first king of a unified Italia) signed with the Pope of the time: in exchange for the Vatican no longer playing any role in Italian politics, the Vatican was given extraterritoriality. But, there is no territorial control. You can walk from the Vatican to Rome without showing your passport.

Technically speaking, Vatican city is a sub-city inside Rome. The US Department of State's background notes on the Holy See explain the situation this way:

"The term "Holy See" refers to the composite of the authority, jurisdiction, and sovereignty vested in the Pope and his advisers to direct the worldwide Roman Catholic Church.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"I don't care nor do I pay attention to anything any pope says or does anymore than I care what the moderator of the United Church or the archbishop of Canterbury say or do.

Neither do I, Fash, but I will say that I respect him as a person and for the title he holds. I'm from the other side of the tracks, you know, Fash. Therefore, as you know, we only go straight to the big man.

A couple of years ago, I said unkind things about the pope on my facebook wall and got unfriended by some, not all, of my devout Catholic friends. Not a great loss to me, really. They saved me the trouble of deleting them, not because they were Catholic, but because they proved it was okay to sever our connection. I said, "[size=50]Who cares about the pope? He's just an elderly cross-dresser who likes to wear gowns and Dorothy's shoes.[/size]" I'm not proud of it now but I wanted to say it at that time because I was irritated at the outpouring of adoration over someone who got more praise than he deserved and was believed to be infallible when he's just a mere mortal like you and I.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

I've never thought of him as infallible.  I guess I was a bad catholic after all haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

@realAzhyaAryola

I stand corrected, this pope does not wear red shoes. Aw...

[size=200]Pope Francis ditches red shoes[/size]

By Nick Squires, Rome, 3:29PM GMT 15 Mar 2013

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/the-pope/9932983/Pope-Francis-ditches-red-shoes.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... shoes.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/the-pope/9932983/Pope-Francis-ditches-red-shoes.html

In his first two days in the job, Francis wore an ordinary pair of black shoes, having apparently rejected the smart red loafers that were favoured by his predecessor, Benedict XVI.

Benedict had his red shoes hand-made for him by a cobbler in the Borgo, the tightly-packed grid of medieval streets that lies a stone's throw from the Vatican.

A pair of the red shoes had been made for his successor and were displayed in the shop window of Gammarelli, the papal tailors in Rome, in the days before the conclave.

Before he left Buenos Aires for Rome, Cardinal Bergoglio, as he was before his election on Wednesday, was wearing a pair of shoes so shabby that friends insisted on buying him a new pair.

"The day he was departing for the conclave, a couple of friends brought him a pair of shoes. He's always very humbly dressed and the shoes he was wearing were not in very good shape," a pair of South American priests told Vatican Radio.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]