Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Strong Support for Niqab ban at Citizenship Ceremonies

Started by Anonymous, September 24, 2015, 11:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

I have examined this issue from all sides for 2 decades now and am totally convinced it is a male dominance thing that deliberately conditions women to be slaves deliberately left  with little to no self-worth left in them.

Even those who did not want to wear the garb have little to no alternative. Even family perpetuate it and scorn kin who complain  

To be part of a devout family let alone mated to a devout is a hell made palatable / salved only by total acceptance and total support for the practice and personal worthlessness within the victim's mind .. a forever Stockholm Syndrome is the only way to stay sane and survive
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

J0E

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "RW"They needed to poll for that?

Hey, I heard a NDP party member argue it was against Canadian values. :crazy:

The party leaders were arguing about it in last nights french language debate:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/mulcair-harper-spar-over-niqab-controversy-at-leaders-debate-1.2580427">http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/m ... -1.2580427">http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politics/mulcair-harper-spar-over-niqab-controversy-at-leaders-debate-1.2580427

....should be interesting how this will affect party popularity in quebec, a crucial battleground for thr NDP if it hopes to win the election.

Anonymous

Frood

I don't have a problem with face coverings. We should all be wearing more of them these days but for different reasons.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I don't have a problem with face coverings. We should all be wearing more of them these days but for different reasons.

ok

:icon_wink:

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"I don't have a problem with face coverings. We should all be wearing more of them these days but for different reasons.

ok

What's the wink for, Fash? I'm serious.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

ok

What's the wink for, Fash? I'm serious.  ac_biggrin

I thought you were joking about the appearance of people.

westcoastguy

Quote from: "RW"On the street...

The leaders should all pledge to ban trick or treating. When Lord will our political representatives ban this security risk.

RW

Quote from: "westcoastguy"

The leaders should all pledge to ban trick or treating. When Lord will our political representatives ban this security risk.

Ya because Halloween is comparable to misogynist religious practises.  :001_rolleyes:
Beware of Gaslighters!

J0E

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "westcoastguy"

Ya because Halloween is comparable to misogynist religious practises.  :001_rolleyes:

Why do you feel that face coverings for women are misogynistic, 'Real?

Please cite some examples to justify your statements as there are numerous Muslim women who disagree with you.

How do you counter the assertions of Muslim women that their Western counterparts are oppressed because they are exploited by men for their looks and expected to live up to a norm of false expectations?

Answer me on that, eh 'Real.

Annie

Sooo if I walk into ICBC for picture I.D. wearing material covering my face, I can say that I'm that religion? I would try it if I was bold enough. Is it illegal to lie to ICBC?  ac_umm
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

I dont care if they wear face coverings, but, if they have to have pictures taken for like drivers licences then OFF it comes or fuck ya.

What about pass ports? how do they get around that? i mean the first time i had mine done my picture was like a centimeter off that stupid square and the bitch denied it and i had to have it re taken.

J0E

Anyways, our RW never answered my question.

So I'll give my take. From a male viewpoint, I think the veil which covers the face and even the hair in Islam is an ugly garment. Even though some Muslim women claim that it 'liberates' them, it seems so oppressive.

I think whomever dreamed up the idea did so to denote the right of men to possess women like some material object. If it was Mohammed, then he must've been a very jealous and possessive man. "Don't look at my women! She's mine!", seems to be the message that the burka or the niqab conveys to other men. And the idea that a rich man such as the Prophet could own many wives while a poor man could usually have only one denotes huge classs inequality in Islam.

But I'd still be interested to hear why the niqab is misogynistic from a woman's pov,  while others strongly defend it and think otherwise.

keeper

Quote from: "Frank"Anyways, our RW never answered my question.

So I'll give my take. From a male viewpoint, I think the veil which covers the face and even the hair in Islam is an ugly garment. Even though some Muslim women claim that it 'liberates' them, it seems so oppressive.

I think whomever dreamed up the idea did so to denote the right of men to possess women like some material object. If it was Mohammed, then he must've been a very jealous and possessive man. "Don't look at my women! She's mine!", seems to be the message that the burka or the niqab conveys to other men. And the idea that a rich man such as the Prophet could own many wives while a poor man could usually have only one denotes huge classs inequality in Islam.

But I'd still be interested to hear why the niqab is misogynistic from a woman's pov,  while others strongly defend it and think otherwise.

If it serves a purpose for them who gives a shit. ac_dunno

Anonymous

Let's face it, the niqab has become a wedge issue in the middle of an election campaign. But, you should not be allowed to cover your face for official government ID or for legal functions.