A

Build your Favotite Hockey Team of all time

Started by Anonymous, October 02, 2015, 12:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "SPECTRE"Actually, I know nothing about sports played at temperatures at or below freezing.

I have a feeling that the only sport you are or rather were ever familiar with, is a game played by little boys, known as...."Punching the Clown".

You know, the way the Olympics are going, with every dopey sport on the planet getting a jumper, I can see a time when "Donut Devouring" will be introduced.

If so, you will win a gold medal. Hands down.

I doubt softball will make it...who wants to see fat chicks hitting watermelon sized balls around a field, and waiting ten minutes for someone to waddle over and field it.

Well that would be a shame especially since you Aussie's are our direct competition. It will also be a shame because we won't get to beat the fuck out of you on the world stage the way we do in other international play. I guess Aussie fat chicks can't waddle as well as we US girls do.  :laugh3:

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Japanese and the Chinese (who enjoy the sport as much if not more than we do) would be offended at being called "fat chicks". Oh and they are pretty good too, good enough to be any Aussie team.

But maybe there is still a chance for 2020.

"The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee today announced that it has proposed 18 additional events from five sports to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for inclusion at the Games of the XXXII Olympiad (Tokyo 2020). It has become the first ever organising committee to be given this unique opportunity to contribute to the design of the Olympic Programme, thanks to Olympic Agenda 2020."

http://www.tokyo2020.jp/en/news/index.php?mode=page&id=1473">http://www.tokyo2020.jp/en/news/index.p ... ge&id=1473">http://www.tokyo2020.jp/en/news/index.php?mode=page&id=1473

Come talk to me when someone nominates that "faggot cricket game" as an Olympic sport and doesn't get laughed out of the room.  :laugh3:

So we will see if softball gets reinstated as an Olympic sport in 2020. I just hope you are still above ground so you can see it.

Seems our Canadian cousins are the world champs.

Who knew?

Well, no-one really. Because no-one gives a flying fornication about such a dull and dreary sport. That they had to overcome Venezuala and New Zealand speaks volumes.

Let's be frank. Being designated an "Olympic" sport means little. Such rivetting contests such as synchronised swimming, mountain bike riding, curling, skeet shooting and even GOLF have been given a shot. They are no less dull and boring for that. And I offer you this iron clad guarantee. In the foreseeable future, cricket WILL be in the Olympics. Along with other notable yawnfests like hockey, volleyball, and table tennis.

However, I can see where the sport would appeal to you. When the umpire yells "batter up", I bet you start salivating and hungering for a corn dog.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Actually, I know nothing about sports played at temperatures at or below freezing.

I have a feeling that the only sport you are or rather were ever familiar with, is a game played by little boys, known as...."Punching the Clown".

You know, the way the Olympics are going, with every dopey sport on the planet getting a jumper, I can see a time when "Donut Devouring" will be introduced.

If so, you will win a gold medal. Hands down.

I doubt softball will make it...who wants to see fat chicks hitting watermelon sized balls around a field, and waiting ten minutes for someone to waddle over and field it.

Well that would be a shame especially since you Aussie's are our direct competition. It will also be a shame because we won't get to beat the fuck out of you on the world stage the way we do in other international play. I guess Aussie fat chicks can't waddle as well as we US girls do.  :laugh3:

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Japanese and the Chinese (who enjoy the sport as much if not more than we do) would be offended at being called "fat chicks". Oh and they are pretty good too, good enough to be any Aussie team.

But maybe there is still a chance for 2020.

"The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee today announced that it has proposed 18 additional events from five sports to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for inclusion at the Games of the XXXII Olympiad (Tokyo 2020). It has become the first ever organising committee to be given this unique opportunity to contribute to the design of the Olympic Programme, thanks to Olympic Agenda 2020."

http://www.tokyo2020.jp/en/news/index.php?mode=page&id=1473">http://www.tokyo2020.jp/en/news/index.p ... ge&id=1473">http://www.tokyo2020.jp/en/news/index.php?mode=page&id=1473

Come talk to me when someone nominates that "faggot cricket game" as an Olympic sport and doesn't get laughed out of the room.  :laugh3:

So we will see if softball gets reinstated as an Olympic sport in 2020. I just hope you are still above ground so you can see it.

Seems our Canadian cousins are the world champs.

Who knew?

Well, no-one really. Because no-one gives a flying fornication about such a dull and dreary sport. That they had to overcome Venezuala and New Zealand speaks volumes.

Let's be frank. Being designated an "Olympic" sport means little. Such rivetting contests such as synchronised swimming, mountain bike riding, curling, skeet shooting and even GOLF have been given a shot. They are no less dull and boring for that. And I offer you this iron clad guarantee. In the foreseeable future, cricket WILL be in the Olympics. Along with other notable yawnfests like hockey, volleyball, and table tennis.

However, I can see where the sport would appeal to you. When the umpire yells "batter up", I bet you start salivating and hungering for a corn dog.

Well someone in your flea bag country gives a flying fuck. You mutants have been playing it since the 19th century and most of your official state softball organizations date back to the 1940s and 50s. That's an awful long time for something to be around for not giving a fuck about it.

BTW, some 250,000 school age Aussies play it each year. They suck at it but they still play it. Your country obviously cares about it enough to field an international team. So I'm not sure how you can come up with the opinion that it is a "dreary sport". But then again you probably get excited over car racing which is a completely useless sport and a total misuse of resources and real estate.

NOW let's be frank; The only thing nobody really gives a fuck about is your windy opinion on a sport that is played in over 100 countries around the world. Besides chances are you will be full of formaldehyde before you have to see it in Olympic competition anyway.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_dunno
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Back on topic:

I interviewed a winger and these are his choices:

Goalie: Patrick Roy

Defensemen: Bobby Orr, Larry Robinson

Center: Wayne Gretzky

Wingers: Luc Robitaille, Jaromir Jagr

Coach: Scotty Bowman
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Back on topic:

Larry Robinson was one of the great defensemen.

Frood

Enough with the Cricket bashing. It's a fine sport and most North Americans would struggle to be competitive in it.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Enough with the Cricket bashing. It's a fine sport and most North Americans would struggle to be competitive in it.

I've seen it played in India, Pakistan and some Caribbean islands, but I have never played it.

shin

:thumbup: A combination of the 2013 and 2015 Blackhawks. I'm biased, though.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Back on topic:

Larry Robinson was one of the great defensemen.

The winger I interviewed is my very own brood. ac_biggrin
@realAzhyaAryola

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Enough with the Cricket bashing. It's a fine sport and most North Americans would struggle to be competitive in it.

I've seen it played in India, Pakistan and some Caribbean islands, but I have never played it.

It's a very social game when played regionally in lower grade leagues. Wearing the whites isn't stringently enforced and alcoholic drinks are occasionally stashed on the field. Backyard cricket is even more fun.

">https://youtu.be/RbA97taFeX4
Blahhhhhh...