Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

What would you do?

Started by keeper, October 08, 2015, 06:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Oh yes, let's get silly about the location of a bag in a hypothetical scenario.

:001_rolleyes:
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"The fact that I WAS a cop informs me that they have better things to do than run around picking up lost property. The nearest police station will do.

It also informs me of the potential hazards, and I would naturally ensure my safety before acting.

Actually, I would have thought anyone with a brain larger than their big toe would have safely assumed an ex cop would do that, so I refrained from stating the blindingly fucking obvious.

I guess some people need all the dots joined so they can see the picture...even if it is only a straight line of fucking obvious.

Did you take lessons in how to bullshit? Because you're really good at it. :oeudC:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

I'm sorry that your lack of intellect causes you to interpret anything you fail to understand as "bullshit". Another very American trait. If you don't understand it, it cannot be true, and it must therefore be shot at.

Sad really. But ignorance has never stopped Americans from acting stupid.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"I'm sorry that your lack of intellect causes you to interpret anything you fail to understand as "bullshit". Another very American trait. If you don't understand it, it cannot be true, and it must therefore be shot at.

Sad really. But ignorance has never stopped Americans from acting stupid.

Okay, whatever you say, Captain flip-flop.

I'm sorry you got schooled by people who should be less qualified than you on what to do in a scenario involving a suspicious bag of money or any suspicious package for that matter. It's okay that you are so old that you no longer can make the correct decisions govering your safety, that's what they make nursing homes for.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Bricktop

Listen, gobshite...when I was a cop, such things were not an issue. Abandoned bags were just that.

Its a different world, as we all know.

Excuse me for not being up to date with modern police methodology and challenges. Its only been 25 years since I left.

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Listen, gobshite...when I was a cop, such things were not an issue. Abandoned bags were just that.

Its a different world, as we all know.

Excuse me for not being up to date with modern police methodology and challenges. Its only been 25 years since I left.

Sorry old man but it's not "police methodology" at work here. Anyone who has been privy to world events of at least past 20 years should know what to do.  :icon_wink:

And they say Americans have no clue.  :roll:

Anonymous

If there was money in that fucking bag, I could smell it 10 kms away. Fuck, I could tell you the denominations of the bills.

Just so everyone knows, FUCK YEAH, I'D KEEP THE LOOT!!

Annie

I'd be very tempted to keep it and use it to pay off some bills. But knowing it could very well be drug money and the person looking for it might be dangerous and with cameras everywhere nowadays, I'd be a little worried...unless I was SURE no one saw me and I'd only tell hubby.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Frood

Quote from: "RW"Oh yes, let's get silly about the location of a bag in a hypothetical scenario.

:001_rolleyes:

I don't see the location as an issue. Most crims have families, friends, and appreciate good will on some level or another. If it's crim money, they can always get it back from the person who receives it past the expiration and return.

Hollywood likes to make crims out to be cutthroats. They're generally not. If you're no bullshit honest about why you turned something in, because you don't believe in taking something which isn't yours, most crims would respect that given such reasonable explanation.

Growing up on a farm I was always amazed at how well behaved and courteous members of various biker gangs were to my very religious parents and us. I don't know how it started exactly but somewhere early on a group of men on bikes knocked on our door and asked if they could rent a distant disused old house on a back lot along small dirt road for a month. Us kids were just little ones but I remember getting rides on their bikes, I remember mum baking them cookies and cakes then taking us over to visit, and barbecues. Those guys weren't crims in my eyes at the time. They were like really nice and fun uncles with really sweet girlfriends. It went on for over a decade and not just one motorcycle club, there were plenty of them. Not one negative thing ever happened. Not one curse word, that I can recall, was ever muttered. While no two clubs ever stayed with us at the same time, as I've been told, our old house became a holiday retreat or mecca where so called crims could be the best sort of people they truly were deep down inside.

Nothing bad EVER happened there. No gang warfare, no incidents bar one time when they called us on the UHF and asked if we could drive somebody to the regional hospital who'd been bitten by a brown and wasn't doing so well. Mum being a nurse had that leg compression bandaged up on the scene perfectly and then called ahead to make sure the anti venom was on ready on arrival. Nobody in the hospital gave him or us shit. We rode in the old paddock wagon with him and he joked with us to keep OUR spirits up even while he was in great pain.

I asked mum and dad years later why they let alleged criminals from different factions repeatedly rent a distant farmhouse of ours as if they weren't doing something bad in it. Their reply?

"Our family was welcome to visit at any time without calling ahead, everyone kept their word, were pleasant, and they really loved homemade baked goods" more or less.

I suspect it's because they weren't judged and everyone shook hands honestly. I also suspect that quite a number of them, men and women, had kids of their own elsewhere, so our disused old weatherboard home became a Valhalla or off grid caravan park for human beings on bikes with chips on their shoulders.

I don't doubt that over the decade they used the house before it was too old to reputably rent out, there were some unsavory sorts through it. All of the gangs managed to manage that away. It was hollowed ground while it existed. I'd like to think that our family being itself wasn't just an easy mark but a question put in some of their heads. I'll never know, ultimately.

(We didn't easily get marked until someone local offered to pull the house down and take it away at cost for the flooring and the rest. They took the flooring and a number of hard wood beams, then ran away like criminals leaving us to pay out and clean up the rest. Enough said)
Blahhhhhh...

keeper

Bricktop

Frood

Quote from: "Keeper"yet another thread moved to fire walkers. (sigh)

Why not remove the baiting and my responses about the baiting into firewalkers and leave the the OP stuff? In a way, they're being rewarded for their actions. I'd much rather talk topic in topic sections and hang shit in the flame war section.

Just a suggestion, Keeps.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

The whole these doesn't need to be removed.  Just delete the offending posts.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "RW"The whole these doesn't need to be removed.  Just delete the offending posts.

Yes, I did just that.

Some of you will noticed i deleted the posts that had nothing to do with said topic.

Now, lets see if we can continue with out the angry posts people. I hate moving complete threads.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "RW"The whole these doesn't need to be removed.  Just delete the offending posts.

Yes, I did just that.

Some of you will noticed i deleted the posts that had nothing to do with said topic.

Now, lets see if we can continue with out the angry posts people. I hate moving complete threads.

Good work Keeper.

:thumbup: