Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

What would you do?

Started by keeper, October 08, 2015, 06:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keeper

Okay, You just get out of the movies and walking back to your car with your significant other, you cut through the ally and you find a gym bag full of money, lets say it was $10.000 in cash. No ID, no markings on the bag to determine who it belongs to, no one around to claim it.

Do you leave it?

Do you take it?

Do you turn it to the police and hope no one claims it and you might get it back?

What kind of person are you?

I would keep it and take my chances. ac_biggrin

Frood

I'd hand it in and file a report. Karma happens.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Bricktop

I'd turn it in.

If, after 28 days, according to our law, it becomes my property I'd donate it to charity.

Renee

I would turn it in but I would also be tempted to just leave it. Chances are the owner of a bag of money like that is probably someone you don't want to meet. If it somehow gets traced back to you that you took it, you could end up dead or worse.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

keeper

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"I would turn it in but I would also be tempted to just leave it. Chances are the owner of a bag of money like that is probably someone you don't want to meet. If it somehow gets traced back to you that you took it, you could end up dead or worse.

How very American.

Stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't happen.

Hey toots...remember that FEAR issue you went on a full metal rant about?

Renee

Quote from: "SPECTRE"
Quote from: "Renee"I would turn it in but I would also be tempted to just leave it. Chances are the owner of a bag of money like that is probably someone you don't want to meet. If it somehow gets traced back to you that you took it, you could end up dead or worse.

How very American.

Stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't happen.

Hey toots...remember that FEAR issue you went on a full metal rant about?

Typical Aussie response, mistaking being smart and prudent for fear.

You're obviously too dumb to recognize the significance of a what a bag of that much money laying in an ally could be. It's not like you just found a wallet with $50 in it.

The more I think of it, the smart thing would be to pick up your cell phone call the police and have them come pick it up. But I wouldn't expect a common sense challenged, dumb ass Aussie to even figure that out.  :laugh3:

How the fuck you ever made it as a cop is a fucking mystery. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

The fact that I WAS a cop informs me that they have better things to do than run around picking up lost property. The nearest police station will do.

It also informs me of the potential hazards, and I would naturally ensure my safety before acting.

Actually, I would have thought anyone with a brain larger than their big toe would have safely assumed an ex cop would do that, so I refrained from stating the blindingly fucking obvious.

I guess some people need all the dots joined so they can see the picture...even if it is only a straight line of fucking obvious.

Anonymous

I would keep the loot. Large sums of cash would likely mean organized crime and I do not mind keeping their money.

@realAzhyaAryola

I suppose for me, do nothing. It would not happen to me in the first place. First of all, I don't cut through alleys. My instincts tell me there could be things hiding in alleys. If I saw a gym bag left on the sidewalk or anywhere, I do not have the desire to investigate what's in it. I'll call the authorities and report a suspicious gym bag. I want as little connection to it as possible.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Actually, you make a good point.

Suspicious, abandoned bags may not be money...

You're right. Call the cops and leave it be.

@realAzhyaAryola

You got that right, matey. :laugh:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Actually, you make a good point.

Suspicious, abandoned bags may not be money...

You're right. Call the cops and leave it be.

On second thought, I would not touch it either. Thanks to azhya aryola for bringing me back to reality.

Bricktop

She has a habit of doing that.