News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Why Are There So Many Pharmacies In My Home Town?

Started by the shark hunter, October 10, 2015, 06:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shark hunter

... this is something i noticed long ago, how many pharmacies there are where i live ...

... and now another one just opened up the other day. we've got at least half a dozen of them here, maybe more. that's a lot of medicine being dispensed in such a small town ...

... why might this be? what could be the reasons for so many drug stores?

... anyone got any theories?
http://www.callumhouston.com/index.html\">THE CALLUM HOUSTON WEB PAGE

Frood

Drug prices are so exorbitant that there's still good profit in opening up extra chemists in a small town?
Blahhhhhh...

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Drug prices are so exorbitant that there's still good profit in opening up extra chemists in a small town?

... yep, that's a damn fine theory, Dinky Diana.  but why is everybody on drugs?  :sad:

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... this is something i noticed long ago, how many pharmacies there are where i live ...

... and now another one just opened up the other day. we've got at least half a dozen of them here, maybe more. that's a lot of medicine being dispensed in such a small town ...

There must be a lot of retired people where you live.

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "the shark hunter"... this is something i noticed long ago, how many pharmacies there are where i live ...

... there are, Herman.  they've got all the seniors on meds do they?  i guess they're all on high blood pressure drugs for starters.  i think that's standard ...

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"

... there are, Herman.  they've got all the seniors on meds do they?  i guess they're all on high blood pressure drugs for starters.  i think that's standard ...

That's the way is sharkman. Shopper's franchises follow their market.

the shark hunter

... all of these pharmacies have instant access to our private medical info.  that i don't agree with.  it should be confidential and not available to any moneygrubbing sleazebag pharmacy owner who wants to check you out ...

Anonymous

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... all of these pharmacies have instant access to our private medical info.  that i don't agree with.  it should be confidential and not available to any moneygrubbing sleazebag pharmacy owner who wants to check you out ...

So what if they know. They fill prescriptions your doctor writes. Unless you think your local doctors are in cahoots with Shoppers franchisees.

the shark hunter

Quote from: "the shark hunter"... all of these pharmacies have instant access to our private medical info.  that i don't agree with.  it should be confidential and not available to any moneygrubbing sleazebag pharmacy owner who wants to check you out ...

So what if they know. They fill prescriptions your doctor writes. Unless you think your local doctors are in cahoots with Shoppers franchisees.

... it's a privacy violation.  and just what is the extent of the data they get from the crown?  they simply don't need any information other than the prescription to serve a customer ...

Anonymous

... it's a privacy violation.  and just what is the extent of the data they get from the crown?  they simply don't need any information other than the prescription to serve a customer ...

What other information are pharmacists getting? They get a prescription, so they likely can figure out your illness. What has the crown government got to do with this?

I am not busting your chops sharkman. I don't know what information travels from your doctor to Shoppers.

the shark hunter

What other information are pharmacists getting? They get a prescription, so they likely can figure out your illness. What has the crown government got to do with this?

I am not busting your chops sharkman. I don't know what information travels from your doctor to Shoppers.

... what has the government got to do with the medical system?  are you from canada, Herman?

Anonymous

... what has the government got to do with the medical system?  are you from canada, Herman?

Yes, I live in Saskatchewan. You mentioned the crown. I thought you were saying they had access to private medical information.

the shark hunter

... in british columbia the medical system is administered by the crown.  hospitals are overseen by the ministry of health.  all doctors are basically government employees as their services are paid for by the government too ..

Frood

Government services always fall by the wayside therefore government doctors don't manage health, they manage people and health is secondary. Australia and the UK are testament to what happens when you allow the government to dictate both health policy and taxation.

More goes in than what comes out and the choices are abysmal at best.
Blahhhhhh...

the shark hunter

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"Government services always fall by the wayside therefore government doctors don't manage health, they manage people and health is secondary. Australia and the UK are testament to what happens when you allow the government to dictate both health policy and taxation.

More goes in than what comes out and the choices are abysmal at best.

... yes i agree, Dinky.  the ministry of "HEALTH" doesn't sound truthful to me at all.  the ministry of "hospitals and medical infrastructure" would be more accurate.  "health" is just another liberal government lie ...