Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

A

Remember this Before Rememberance Day

Started by Anonymous, October 23, 2015, 11:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"Sorry 'bout that.  I assumed "Strata" was a more common term...

We have the same thing, but the term you used would not be commonly known I think.

cc

Our family always  decorated Xmas eve  .. a very special time for all of us .,... woke up to it next morning ... and New Years was take down and pack up day, another special time - and we all loved it that way ... simple, genuine, fun and meaningful

"Strata"  is used a lot in BC - all areas have similar setup but maybe different term for it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Ace

Any old school Germans here?  We unwrap our junk on Christmas Eve!

cc

YES!!!!!

My Prussian grandmother had us over on Xmas eve .. and spoiled me rotten

What a special time it was - she had a lifesize Santa in a chair she filled with newspapers just before we arrived

All under the dour portrait of  Bismarck (I think it was)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Ace

The idea being, we're too god damned hungover on Christmas day to deal with 06:00 wake-up call.

German method works better...

Ace

Also, to do it properly, one must burn real candles on the real or fake tree.  Sounds dangerous, and it could be.  The tree candle holders have been outlawed for sale here for years, but many are still kicking around.

You can still buy them in Germany.

It's a small 'cup' that holds a mini-candle, and clips to tree branches.  These are lit on the tree.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Our family always  decorated Xmas eve  .. a very special time for all of us .,... woke up to it next morning ... and New Years was take down and pack up day, another special time - and we all loved it that way ... simple, genuine, fun and meaningful

"Strata"  is used a lot in BC - all areas have similar setup but maybe different term for it

Our outside lights stay on year round, but we decorate the last Saturday in November and we turn on our Christmas tree lights and outside lights starting December 1.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Too late. My neighbor has decorated hers already. Her tree is lit and sits by her window.

That's really sad

It seems that way but if it makes them happy then I am happy for them. What is also sad to me is when their tree remains up and is not put away as far as June.  :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

A couple of weeks before X-mas is good enough.

Hey Mel, I see they let you out of ur cage?  ac_drinks