Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Remember this Before Rememberance Day

Started by Anonymous, October 23, 2015, 11:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12140809_10153061704937750_9221332588382651961_n.jpg?oh=85efffdcbfa6444e14cc67d97e2c7c65&oe=56CC3E25">

Renee

Do people actually put Christmas Decorations up before Nov. 12th. :confused1:

Here in the US, people usually start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving which is usually the 3rd weekend in the month of November. Personally I think even that's like a week or two early.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

@realAzhyaAryola

Too late. My neighbor has decorated hers already. Her tree is lit and sits by her window.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Do people actually put Christmas Decorations up before Nov. 12th. :confused1:

Here in the US, people usually start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving which is usually the 3rd weekend in the month of November. Personally I think even that's like a week or two early.

We don't Renee, but it does happen..

I never gave it any thought, but it is not good to have decorations up before Christmas.

Ace

My condo strata rules actually make sense in this one regard...

Outside Christmas lights can only be up from Dec. 1 to Jan. 15.  This is one rule I can live with...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"My condo strata rules actually make sense in this one regard...

Outside Christmas lights can only be up from Dec. 1 to Jan. 15.  This is one rule I can live with...

You see condos in Calgary with them up all year Ace..

What are strata rules?

:confused1:

Ace

Don't know about Alberta, but here in BC condos have stratas.  I'm assuming AB is the same.  You may be seeing rental apartment blocks, which are different.

Strata rules dictate what an owner can do outside of their dwelling, to put it simply.  Many townhouses are strata governed also, as are gated communities and such.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"Don't know about Alberta, but here in BC condos have stratas.  I'm assuming AB is the same.  You may be seeing rental apartment blocks, which are different.

Strata rules dictate what an owner can do outside of their dwelling, to put it simply.  Many townhouses are strata governed also, as are gated communities and such.

From what you have said, we would call that condo rules.

Ace

Yanks call it HOA rules.  Canada calls it Strata rules.

Same shit, different pile.

When I win the lottery, this place will be rented out for income, and I will be sitting by the babbling brook in the back of my 20 acres...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"Yanks call it HOA rules.  Canada calls it Strata rules.

Same shit, different pile.

When I win the lottery, this place will be rented out for income, and I will be sitting by the babbling brook in the back of my 20 acres...

I don't think many Albertans would know what strata rules are Ace.

Ace

They do.  Just had to Google it.

In Alberta, it's known as the "condominium corporation."

QuoteThe Condominium Property Act and the Condominium Property

Regulation set out the rules for operating and managing condominiums

in Alberta.

cc

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Too late. My neighbor has decorated hers already. Her tree is lit and sits by her window.

That's really sad
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Ace"They do.  Just had to Google it.

In Alberta, it's known as the "condominium corporation."

QuoteThe Condominium Property Act and the Condominium Property

Regulation set out the rules for operating and managing condominiums

in Alberta.

What I meant Ace is we do not call it strata, that I'm aware of..

We have condo rules of course.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Too late. My neighbor has decorated hers already. Her tree is lit and sits by her window.

That's really sad

Before I never thought about it, but thanks to Herman, I agree.

Ace

Sorry 'bout that.  I assumed "Strata" was a more common term...