News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The french really are in a catagory of their own.....

Started by Obvious Li, December 14, 2012, 07:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

when it comes to arrogance, ignorance and stupidity.........sac re bleu

Montreal bylaw requires dogs understand commands in both official languages

Earlier this week, Montreal city councilor Benoit LaDouce proposed a bylaw that would require all dogs in public parks to be bi-lingual. According to Mr. LaDouce, "Dogs parks in our city are chaotic and communication is at the heart of the conflict." In his mind, K9/citizen relations would be more harmonious if dogs in public spaces understood commands in both English and French.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"when it comes to arrogance, ignorance and stupidity.........sac re bleu

Montreal bylaw requires dogs understand commands in both official languages

Earlier this week, Montreal city councilor Benoit LaDouce proposed a bylaw that would require all dogs in public parks to be bi-lingual. According to Mr. LaDouce, "Dogs parks in our city are chaotic and communication is at the heart of the conflict." In his mind, K9/citizen relations would be more harmonious if dogs in public spaces understood commands in both English and French.

I just shake my head in disbelief except it is Quebec we are talking about. They don't have any concept of too much government. Anyway, it's nice to start talking about real subjects again(if you consider this real) after reading instigator's one word obssession in every thread.

it's either that or gary, choking the chicken fu man ding dong tirades.....not sure which of the two are more obsessive.............lol

Romero

QuoteNo, Dogs Don't Have To Be Bilingual In Montreal

A fictitious story about a controversial Montreal bylaw proposal requiring dogs to be comfortable in the country's two official languages has rippled through the realms of social media and fooled even some seasoned news sites.

The story, a deadpan parody crafted by CBC Radio's This is That, went viral this week after the show posted a segment on its website about the "untenable chaos" that was rife in Montreal dog parks because some animals were receiving commands in French and others in English.

An interview featured a man with a French accent posing as a councillor and answering the host's questions

The show's website included a quote from a phoney Montreal city councillor, Benoit LaDouce.

"Dog parks in our city are chaotic and communication is at the heart of the conflict," the fake city official is quoted as saying.

The post spread quickly on Twitter and within hours had hundreds of re-tweets. It was picked up by social media aggregator Digg and linked to by the Drudge Report and a blog post on New York Magazine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/14/fake-canadian-dog-story-drudge-digg_n_2302648.html">//http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/14/fake-canadian-dog-story-drudge-digg_n_2302648.html

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
QuoteNo, Dogs Don't Have To Be Bilingual In Montreal

A fictitious story about a controversial Montreal bylaw proposal requiring dogs to be comfortable in the country's two official languages has rippled through the realms of social media and fooled even some seasoned news sites.

The story, a deadpan parody crafted by CBC Radio's This is That, went viral this week after the show posted a segment on its website about the "untenable chaos" that was rife in Montreal dog parks because some animals were receiving commands in French and others in English.

An interview featured a man with a French accent posing as a councillor and answering the host's questions

The show's website included a quote from a phoney Montreal city councillor, Benoit LaDouce.

"Dog parks in our city are chaotic and communication is at the heart of the conflict," the fake city official is quoted as saying.

The post spread quickly on Twitter and within hours had hundreds of re-tweets. It was picked up by social media aggregator Digg and linked to by the Drudge Report and a blog post on New York Magazine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/14/fake-canadian-dog-story-drudge-digg_n_2302648.html">//http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/14/fake-canadian-dog-story-drudge-digg_n_2302648.html

That is funny, but I wish the dogs we've had could understand commands in one language let alone two.

;)

Zetsu

Permanently off his rocker

Gary Oak

Hello Kitty

Quote from: "Zetsu"Why no one loves the Frech

Nobody likes them.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Gary Oak"Who do you like Zetsu ?

Celtic, Anglo, Nihonjin and EI

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

What is EI?

Zetsu

Quote from: "seoulbro"

What is EI?

It's for East Indian(Hindu, Sikh), we used to use that term often in the vancouver mmb forum.

Leopardsocks

Merde...les chiens ne parles pas francais????

Sacre bleu!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Merde...les chiens ne parles pas francais????

Sacre bleu!!!

French, Chinese, you are very, very multilingual man Leopardsocks.

:)

Anonymous

What is EI?

It's for East Indian(Hindu, Sikh), we used to use that term often in the vancouver mmb forum.

I thought you meant Employment Insurance. :lol:

Zetsu

What is EI?

Lol that's what I thought too when I first heard of that term.

Anonymous

Lol that's what I thought too when I first heard of that term.

I like EI very much too...I collected it after both of my children were born.

:lol: