The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Bad Day

Started by RW, October 27, 2015, 10:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

You are sick and you snap at a loved one.  Later you apologize and say, "Sorry I was sick."  Are you pathetic for blaming your illness or should your loved one be sympathetic and understanding because you are sick?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

It's not an either / or. Sick, down, anxious hurting etc. all can make us temporarily slip with loved ones or others. A  "Sorry, I was sick and was reacting to my bad feelings " is a correct approach.

At the same time, loved ones are not perfect either and can react poorly in which case they could also apologize for overreacting

There is nothing wrong with putting a reason to ones actions but "Sorry" is always the key word

We all are humans, not saints
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

keeper

Well, If you are "sick" your loved one would know this already and you shouldn't have to say "im sorry" because of it.

I think its all a matter of communication and understanding on both parts.

No communication both parties will get hurt.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"You are sick and you snap at a loved one.  Later you apologize and say, "Sorry I was sick."  Are you pathetic for blaming your illness or should your loved one be sympathetic and understanding because you are sick?

You already know my feelings on this. That being said, both cc and Keeper covered the situation pretty well.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Well, If you are "sick" your loved one would know this already and you shouldn't have to say "im sorry" because of it.

I think its all a matter of communication and understanding on both parts.

No communication both parties will get hurt.

yes

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"You are sick and you snap at a loved one.  Later you apologize and say, "Sorry I was sick."  Are you pathetic for blaming your illness or should your loved one be sympathetic and understanding because you are sick?

I lose my temper and snap on a regular basis. Quickly get the anger out of my system and move on. No big deal.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I lose my temper and snap on a regular basis. Quickly get the anger out of my system and move on. No big deal.

Don't the people around you get tired of being your personal punching bag/stress ball?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Don't the people around you get tired of being your personal punching bag/stress ball?

I don't care what they think. :001_tongue:

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

That's our Shen, making friends wherever she goes...just making friends. ac_lmfao
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"That's our Shen, making friends wherever she goes...just making friends. ac_lmfao

That's because I'm so warm and lovable. ac_razz

keeper

Quote from: "Renee"That's our Shen, making friends wherever she goes...just making friends. ac_lmfao

That's because I'm so warm and lovable. ac_razz

Sweet as Fucken sugar :6:

shin

We all have bad days. I don't think any of us are perfect. Perfect can be boringly predictable.

"To err is human; to forgive, divine."

RW

What if you are really sick and have a lot of bad days?  How far does understanding reach?
Beware of Gaslighters!

shin

Quote from: "RW"What if you are really sick and have a lot of bad days?  How far does understanding reach?

With a stranger it would vary based on their level of empathy. With a partner, I think there would be some slack administered from both sides that won't automatically warrant instant forgiveness, but unless you know them as the type to hold grudges to the grave, most people are a little more emotionally elastic than wishing misfortune on another just because they got yelled at.

Maybe you're suggesting that this state of affairs surfaced after the relationship reached it's prime and you fear they might be having second thoughts about whether they feel it's worth continuing due to hints you might have picked up on. Is it something you care to elaborate on with us?

I realize that sharing one's feelings isn't always a pleasant experience, especially with the risk of outsiders with unjust negative criticisms. Take your time to think it over. I'll definitely understand if you prefer to lave it as already stated.