Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Population control

Started by shin, October 17, 2015, 08:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/12096483_10153583215136163_7741989302539284136_n.jpg?oh=f19718f6c08e657a6470914dfc416e6e&oe=5689097E">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "shin"At the end of civilization, it will be China and India neck and neck.

I'm a little surprised I haven't seen a half Chinese half Indian person yet.

China is the greatest continuous civilization the world has ever known or will know. The West is a pack of fucking neophytes.

:laugh:

Renee

Quote from: "shin"At the end of civilization, it will be China and India neck and neck.

China is the greatest continuous civilization the world has ever known or will know. The West is a pack of fucking neophytes.

:001_rolleyes:  You think when you are done promoting the greatest civilization in the world you could have my laundry ready?

Remember, not too much starch, I hate that.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

shin

Quote from: "Renee"

:001_rolleyes:  You think when you are done promoting the greatest civilization in the world you could have my laundry ready?

Remember, not too much starch, I hate that.  ac_biggrin

Wow, that escalated quickly! I'm sure you meant it in the nicest way possible.  :laugh:

shin

I learned in a history class that shortly after the provinces were unified, they built huge seafaring boats capable of crossing the Pacific Ocean that predated European discovery of the Americas, but for an unexplained reason the emperor had them destroyed before they could be used.

Did you know that, angel face?  :43(2):

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

I learned in a history class that shortly after the provinces were unified, they built huge seafaring boats capable of crossing the Pacific Ocean that predated European discovery of the Americas, but for an unexplained reason the emperor had them destroyed before they could be used.

There's a book called 1421: The Year China Discovered America. I have not read it, but it is about what you wrote.

Frood

The Vikings and before that, the Phoenicians, were both in the Americas. It's why so many tribal groups have a much further recollection of fair skinned visitors and why some core samples of Egyptian mummies have shown traces of tobacco and marijuana despite either not existing in their region at the time of their life.

History is an incomplete and spotty judgement at best. The furthest we go back in records is only about 6,000 years. While the magnetic compass and other mechanical navigational aids sped up exploration of more modern seafarers, far more ancient peoples were navigating by star alignments, the Polynesians probably the most well known of these groups.

We know nothing about the real past. We are all Jon Snows.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"The Vikings and before that, the Phoenicians, were both in the Americas. It's why so many tribal groups have a much further recollection of fair skinned visitors and why some core samples of Egyptian mummies have shown traces of tobacco and marijuana despite either not existing in their region at the time of their life.

History is an incomplete and spotty judgement at best. The furthest we go back in records is only about 6,000 years. While the magnetic compass and other mechanical navigational aids sped up exploration of more modern seafarers, far more ancient peoples were navigating by star alignments, the Polynesians probably the most well known of these groups.

The Vikings landed in Newfoundland in the year 1000..

This is more Chinese ultra nationalist exaggeration..

Shen Li likely believes it word for word though.

:001_rolleyes:

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"The Vikings and before that, the Phoenicians, were both in the Americas. It's why so many tribal groups have a much further recollection of fair skinned visitors and why some core samples of Egyptian mummies have shown traces of tobacco and marijuana despite either not existing in their region at the time of their life.

For decades there was theory floating around that the Chinese had visited the west coast of North America in Pre-Colombian times. It was based on a number of what appeared to be ship's anchor stones of Chinese design found in 12 to 25 feet of water off the Palos Verdes peninsula, south of Los Angeles. At first it was assumed that the stones where resting at the bottom of the ocean for anywhere between 500 and 1500 years, until it turned out that most of the stones where found to be made of Monterey Shale which is a common stone found all along the coast of Southern California.

Once the type of stone was discovered, it wasn't too hard to figure out that the anchor stones where from fishing boats used by Chinese immigrants in the mid 19th century.

Much of what we think we know about the unrecorded past is highly speculative. One has to be careful not to fall for assumptions and unsubstantiated conclusions.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

shin

I'm learning all sorts of new stuff now.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2777963/the-more-you-nerd-o.gif">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

For decades there was theory floating around that the Chinese had visited the west coast of North America in Pre-Colombian times. It was based on a number of what appeared to be ship's anchor stones of Chinese design found in 12 to 25 feet of water off the Palos Verdes peninsula, south of Los Angeles. At first it was assumed that the stones where resting at the bottom of the ocean for anywhere between 500 and 1500 years, until it turned out that most of the stones where found to be made of Monterey Shale which is a common stone found all along the coast of Southern California.

Once the type of stone was discovered, it wasn't too hard to figure out that the anchor stones where from fishing boats used by Chinese immigrants in the mid 19th century.

Much of what we think we know about the unrecorded past is highly speculative. One has to be careful not to fall for assumptions and unsubstantiated conclusions.

I didn't know that Renee, thank you for sharing it..

But I do know that in the early 1400's, the Chinese imperial eunuch Zheng He lead seven ocean expeditions for the Ming emperor.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

Chinese were the greatest sailors in history. Europeans stole the rudder idea from the Chinese. Chinese concepts of rigging were also adopted by the West. The bulkhead principle for constructing hulls was developed in China from the 2nd Century AD. Two hundred years ago in the West this was still a novel technique. The canal lock was invented in China in 984 AD. The mariner's compass was another Chinese invention. Chinese envoys sailed into the Indian Ocean from the late 2nd century BC.

shin

I think my favorite Chinese invention is spaghetti. I learned that from watching Sammo Hung. he comes from the Hung Dynasty, from Crenshaw circa 1950. ac_biggrin

I bet those pesky Italians stole it from China via the Silk Road.