The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Canada's richest 1% earned $454,800 average in 2013 and paid $151,900 in tax

Started by Anonymous, November 05, 2015, 12:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frank"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RW"Oh so it's up by a max of 5% by the look of things.  

Hey Shen, welcome to how the rest of us do things.

Times four and that is how my family is being charged more for the privilege of Rachel Notley's government.

ac_unsure

Well if that's the case, why didn't you vote for a party which could advance your financial well-being?

You said somewhere in another thread that you don't vote in elections because of your faith.

I place my faith in a higher power than politicians.

Anonymous

My husband is paying about $100 more per paycheque in taxes since Rachel Notley raised our taxes..

That's about $2600 per year that we are giving to the NDP government instead of spending on our family.

Anonymous

The average doctor makes about $350, 000 in Alberta. That means they will have to shell out an additional $17,500 a year in additional income taxes. It doesn't end there either. The federal government is going to raise taxes on people earning over $200, 000 per year.

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"The thing is 20%-50% is absolute BULLSHIT!

I can't believe people are actually buying into that crap.

And yes, the PC had plans to raise personal taxes.

Last time I checked 15 is 50% more than 10. What I can't believe is people voted for a party that promised to raise their taxes. Then again we elected a majority government at the federal level that promised to run deficits. :crazy:

Of fuuuuuckkkk.  What a bunch of bullshit.  It's a 1-5% increase.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Last time I checked 15 is 50% more than 10. What I can't believe is people voted for a party that promised to raise their taxes. Then again we elected a majority government at the federal level that promised to run deficits. :crazy:

It's a pretty big increase. And it's 2-5%. The Albertans who post here are paying thousands of dollars more. This is on top of higher carbon taxes, higher corporate taxes, higher railway taxes, higher sin taxes, and increases to most user fees. Our premier, Brad Wall doesn't mind though. Saskatchewan is sill open for business.

Anonymous

Whether one wants to call it a 20% increase or a 2% increase, what is indisputable is my husband is being charged an additional $2600 per year..

We are hardly rich either, but then again this government is so out of touch with working Albertans.

RW

If you saw an increase that says your husband is making over $150,000/year.

Here in BC, we have a higher tax rate for making less.  We also pay provincial sales tax.

You Albertans have been and are still tax spoiled.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Herman"

It's a pretty big increase. And it's 2-5%. The Albertans who post here are paying thousands of dollars more. This is on top of higher carbon taxes, higher corporate taxes, higher railway taxes, higher sin taxes, and increases to most user fees. Our premier, Brad Wall doesn't mind though. Saskatchewan is sill open for business.

Whaaaa whaaaa whaaaaa!  We've been paying more in BC for ages with sales tax on top of it all.

I have no sympathy for y'all.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"If you saw an increase that says your husband is making over $150,000/year.

Here in BC, we have a higher tax rate for making less.  We also pay provincial sales tax.

You Albertans have been and are still tax spoiled.

The 20% increase starts at $125k not $150. It's basically a tax on the cities of Fort McMurray and Grande Prairie. However if you think charging us an additional $8k/annum is peanuts, then Nothead can just as easily give us a similar cut starting from the point taxes were before the dipper confiscation.

Anonymous

It would seem nobody in the Alberta government caucus is familiar with economics 101. You never raise taxes in the middle of a recession. They raised a bunch of taxes only to deepen the pain. It seems they want to keep going with enviro fees and charges too.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Whether one wants to call it a 20% increase or a 2% increase, what is indisputable is my husband is being charged an additional $2600 per year..

We are hardly rich either, but then again this government is so out of touch with working Albertans.

When we had the NDP in power they were not as punitive as the Notley brand. They did not support our resource industries and they did not build our infrastructure, but they weren't robbing us blind like the Alberta NDP. Alberta use to be the place where Saskatchewan talent ran to escape NDP destruction. Now we have the best premier in Canada and you guys have a female version of that NDP fool Selinger.

RW

When we had the NDP in power they were not as punitive as the Notley brand. They did not support our resource industries and they did not build our infrastructure, but they weren't robbing us blind like the Alberta NDP. Alberta use to be the place where Saskatchewan talent ran to escape NDP destruction. Now we have the best premier in Canada and you guys have a female version of that NDP fool Selinger.

A 1-5% income tax increase on those making over $100k a year is robbing them blind?

You prairie dwellers really need to get some perspective haha
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

A 1-5% income tax increase on those making over $100k a year is robbing them blind?

You prairie dwellers really need to get some perspective haha

Aren't you generous with Fash and Shen Li's money. They need those thousands of dollars a lot more than Notley does.

RW

I'm not taking their money but you talk as if it is going to Notley herself.  That's disingenuous.

As I said, my household pays a higher tax rate making less than both of them.

You guys are resource spoiled and now that the resource sector has taken a hit (not really the fault of government in Alberta's case), the money has to come from somewhere.
Beware of Gaslighters!