The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Chinese Millionaires

Started by Gary Oak, December 20, 2012, 12:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gary Oak

I know why so many Chinese multimillionaires wat to immigrate to places like Canada. It's simply because the white is so horrible and they treated chinese so badly on the railroad

China's multimillionaires emigrating in droves

Weary of pollution, contaminated food and economic uncertainty, a third of Chinese multimillionaires worth at least $16 million (£10m) have "emigrated", while half are considering packing their bags, a new report has claimed.

Education, pollution and food safety seem to be some of the explanations behind the trend Photo: AFP

By Tom Phillips, Shanghai

2:38PM GMT 18 Dec 2012

Comments25 Comments

The research, released this week by the influential Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, suggested Chinese entrepreneurs were heading overseas in an attempt to protect their assets, better educate their children and enjoy an improved quality of life.

The findings, published in China's 'Annual Report on Chinese International Migration 2012', were widely publicised in the country's state-media and came accompanied by stern warnings from senior academics about the potential consequences.

"Their departure will be a great loss for China," Wang Huiyao, one of the report's authors, told the Shanghai Daily, describing the exodus as "a great loss of talent." Xinhua said continued emigration was likely "to bring losses to the country in terms of assets and talents and complicate the development of its substantial economy."

Cui Yu, a 31-year-old mother interviewed by the China Daily, said: "I have discussed the plan with my husband and we have reached the conclusion that if we want to provide a better education and living environment with more career choices for our children, immigration is the best solution." The report chimes with findings released last year by the Bank of China and Hurun, the Shanghai-based publisher of a Chinese 'Rich List', which claimed over half of China's millionaires were considering or trying to emigrate. A previous study by China Merchants Bank found that 60 per cent of Chinese people worth at least $1.6 million were considering "investment immigration."

Rupert Hoogewerf, Hurun's founder, said the findings were "a supersensitive topic at a political level" because of the implication that China's well-connected elites might not have faith in the country's political and economic future.

Related Articles

Men wanted for 36 Chinese millionaire single ladies

06 Jul 2012

China: billionaires grow in number

07 Sep 2011

"I think it is a very significant political hot potato," he said, listing education, pollution and food safety as some of the explanations behind the trend.

But Hoogewerf urged caution, pointing out that many of those "emigrating" were simply seeking permanent residence overseas rather than ditching their Chinese passports altogether.

"If the capital goes with them you are potentially at risk of losing 50 per cent of the country's capital. But in practice it's not really going to be like that. Most of the entrepreneurs I know are not going to be giving up on China. They grew up in China, they are proud of it and are not turning their backs on their country at this stage."

Many were simply seeking "diversification of risk" in the "unlikely event there might be economic or political change," he added. "If you were a British businessman you wouldn't put all your eggs in the Sterling basket."

Gary Oak

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9380732/Men-wanted-for-36-Chinese-millionaire-single-ladies.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... adies.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9380732/Men-wanted-for-36-Chinese-millionaire-single-ladies.html

Here's a brilliant opportunity for 36 ambitious sleazemonkeys !

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9380732/Men-wanted-for-36-Chinese-millionaire-single-ladies.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... adies.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9380732/Men-wanted-for-36-Chinese-millionaire-single-ladies.html

Millionaire women seeking husbands..

Obvious Li, Leopardsocks and seoulbro will be sending their applications.

:lol:

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Gary Oak"http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9380732/Men-wanted-for-36-Chinese-millionaire-single-ladies.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... adies.html">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/9380732/Men-wanted-for-36-Chinese-millionaire-single-ladies.html

I think i will invite them all to a cuddle party.....that should about do it...no application required

Zetsu

Most of us moved to Canada just to flee from the 97 hand over, oh yea and Canadian immigration is a f*cking joke so it's easy to get in too.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

I think i will invite them all to a cuddle party.....that should about do it...no application required

You have a good sense of humour Obvious..

Even if applications are required yours would move be placed on the call back list.

;)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"Most of us moved to Canada just to flee from the 97 hand over, oh yea and Canadian immigration is a f*cking joke so it's easy to get in too.

I wish I didn't have to go to work right now Zetsu..

I would love to hear your thoughts on this thorny topic.

Oh well tomorrow is my last day until January 2, 2013.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Zetsu"Most of us moved to Canada just to flee from the 97 hand over, oh yea and Canadian immigration is a f*cking joke so it's easy to get in too.

You are trying to flee the country and people who you want to aid take over and help lord it over Canadians  ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"

You are trying to flee the country and people who you want to aid take over and help lord it over Canadians  ?

How would you know that about Zetsu?

He hasn't mentioned any seditious plots here.

You are being as conspiracy minded as instigator.

Romero

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I know why so many Chinese multimillionaires wat to immigrate to places like Canada. It's simply because the white is so horrible and they treated chinese so badly on the railroad

The article you posted disagrees with you.

QuoteWeary of pollution, contaminated food and economic uncertainty, a third of Chinese multimillionaires worth at least $16 million (£10m) have "emigrated", while half are considering packing their bags, a new report has claimed.

Chinese entrepreneurs were heading overseas in an attempt to protect their assets, better educate their children and enjoy an improved quality of life.

Chinese don't have a problem with whites, Gary. You have a problem with them.

Anonymous

Gary has a problem with whites? Just joking.

:)

Zetsu

Lol I wouldn't have much to say, was only 2 years old when my family and I moved to Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Lol I wouldn't have much to say, was only 2 years old when my family and I moved to Canada.

I was thinking more about what you wrote about immigration..

Laughing Out Loud

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I know why so many Chinese multimillionaires wat to immigrate to places like Canada. It's simply because the white is so horrible and they treated chinese so badly on the railroad

Weary of pollution, contaminated food and economic uncertainty, a third of Chinese multimillionaires worth at least $16 million (£10m) have "emigrated", while half are considering packing their bags, a new report has claimed.

Education, pollution and food safety seem to be some of the explanations behind the trend Photo: AFP

By Tom Phillips, Shanghai

2:38PM GMT 18 Dec 2012

Comments25 Comments

The research, released this week by the influential Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, suggested Chinese entrepreneurs were heading overseas in an attempt to protect their assets, better educate their children and enjoy an improved quality of life.

The findings, published in China's 'Annual Report on Chinese International Migration 2012', were widely publicised in the country's state-media and came accompanied by stern warnings from senior academics about the potential consequences.

"Their departure will be a great loss for China," Wang Huiyao, one of the report's authors, told the Shanghai Daily, describing the exodus as "a great loss of talent." Xinhua said continued emigration was likely "to bring losses to the country in terms of assets and talents and complicate the development of its substantial economy."

Cui Yu, a 31-year-old mother interviewed by the China Daily, said: "I have discussed the plan with my husband and we have reached the conclusion that if we want to provide a better education and living environment with more career choices for our children, immigration is the best solution." The report chimes with findings released last year by the Bank of China and Hurun, the Shanghai-based publisher of a Chinese 'Rich List', which claimed over half of China's millionaires were considering or trying to emigrate. A previous study by China Merchants Bank found that 60 per cent of Chinese people worth at least $1.6 million were considering "investment immigration."

Rupert Hoogewerf, Hurun's founder, said the findings were "a supersensitive topic at a political level" because of the implication that China's well-connected elites might not have faith in the country's political and economic future.

Related Articles

Men wanted for 36 Chinese millionaire single ladies

06 Jul 2012

China: billionaires grow in number

07 Sep 2011

"I think it is a very significant political hot potato," he said, listing education, pollution and food safety as some of the explanations behind the trend.

But Hoogewerf urged caution, pointing out that many of those "emigrating" were simply seeking permanent residence overseas rather than ditching their Chinese passports altogether.

"If the capital goes with them you are potentially at risk of losing 50 per cent of the country's capital. But in practice it's not really going to be like that. Most of the entrepreneurs I know are not going to be giving up on China. They grew up in China, they are proud of it and are not turning their backs on their country at this stage."

Many were simply seeking "diversification of risk" in the "unlikely event there might be economic or political change," he added. "If you were a British businessman you wouldn't put all your eggs in the Sterling basket."

They do not want to come to Canada and assimilate. The are wealthy agents of Beijing that seek to expand the empire and expropriation of Canadian resources. The richer they are the more disloyal to Canada. We do not need nor want those treasonous liars in our country.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Zetsu"

I was thinking more about what you wrote about immigration..

IMO Canadian immigration is really out of control right atm, even though they have stricken the process over the pass few years it's rate is still too much for any immigrants to assimmilate into Canada.  The government should consider more about what the local's concern before trying to turn Canada into another 3rd world country.