Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

For Romero

Started by RW, December 03, 2015, 01:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I am sorry everyone, but I must strongly disagree..

I like Romero very much..

He was a very good mod when we were ACC and kept a lot of garbage off the main board while we were being swamped with that by a couple of posters from another forum..

Good work Romero and thank you.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

He was a good mod when it came to cleaning up spammers and such.  I just wonder about their rights to freedom of speech!

Such a hypocrite.

I can tell you he always allowed me to say what was on my mind. On economic issues we are often on opposite sides of said issue, but he never censored me. And I mean never.

I'm teasing him to make a point.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

He was a very good mod when we were ACC and kept a lot of garbage off the main board while we were being swamped with that by a couple of posters from another forum..

He was a good mod when it came to cleaning up spammers and such.  I just wonder about their rights to freedom of speech!

Such a hypocrite.

I can tell you he always allowed me to say what was on my mind. On economic issues we are often on opposite sides of said issue, but he never censored me. And I mean never.

Okay, legitimate differences of opinion in civil debate are not the issue. You sir are always civil and delightful to have on the forum. Your kind of behavior is encouraged and from what I have observed, your style of debate would never be construed as being in need of moderation or censorship.

The so-called censorship that Romero is bitching about has to do with uncivil discourse such as Neo-Nazi propaganda promoting the suppression and killing of Jews, as in the case of Scouse. And in the case of Mel and Odinson, th-reats against forum and individuals on the forum, sexist harassment and spamming.

If Romero finds that censoring people for those kinds of offenses to be so objectionable, then maybe he should go sign up with StormFront.org. It seems that recently he is being a douche simply because he can. Or as cc has been saying, he always was a prick and now that he is no longer a mod, he can let his prick flag fly. Whatever it is his, comments regarding RW's illness and appearance were totally out of line and uncalled for.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Such a hypocrite.

Okay, legitimate differences of opinion in civil debate are not the issue. You sir are always civil and delightful to have on the forum. Your kind of behavior is encouraged and from what I have observed, your style of debate would never be construed as being in need of moderation or censorship.

The so-called censorship that Romero is bitching about has to do with uncivil discourse such as Neo-Nazi propaganda promoting the suppression and killing of Jews, as in the case of Scouse. And in the case of Mel and Odinson, jokes against forum, individuals on the forum, sexist harassment and spamming.

If Romero finds that censoring people for those kinds of offenses to be so objectionable, then maybe he should go sign up with StormFront.org. It seems that recently he is being a douche simply because he can. Or as cc has been saying, he always was a prick and now that he is no longer a mod, he can let his prick flag fly. Whatever it is his, comments regarding RW's illness and appearance were totally out of line and uncalled for.

Thank you Renee.

I never noticed Romero saying one thing or another about Scouse or Odinson because I ignore what they have to say when I can. If I see their posts or mentioned in posts, I avoid it. There is nothing twits like them have to say that I want to read.

RW

Romero was trying to make a point about PCism with the MS joke.  He's saying "you argue against being PC but take offence to this".  It didn't offend me, neither did comments about my looks.  The trouble is that he still can't distinguish between being PC and a whole set of other speech limiting practises that can be justified.

The thing that needs to be looked at is intent.  I posted my joke in the original post in this thread because it made me think of Romero.  It was meant to tease.  It was returned with debate.  

I see the point you are trying to make Romero but I think you're still way off base.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Romero was trying to make a point about PCism with the MS joke.  He's saying "you argue against being PC but take offence to this".  It didn't offend me, neither did comments about my looks.  The trouble is that he still can't distinguish between being PC and a whole set of other speech limiting practises that can be justified.

The thing that needs to be looked at is intent.  I posted my joke in the original post in this thread because it made me think of Romero.  It was meant to tease.  It was returned with debate.  

I see the point you are trying to make Romero but I think you're still way off base.

I have not been following thread. Any point or debate is lost on me. I took a glance at it and thought it was about mods censoring posts.

RW

It partially is in that Romero thinks moderating trash off this board makes me a hypocrite because I oppose PCism.  He's wrong but he tries anyway.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

You can't change the definition of political correctness. You claim that you oppose PCism, but you are indeed practicing it.

Mel, Odi and the rest have been sent to the corner because you find them to be too racist, sexist and offensive. That's the very definition of political correctness. You're at this moment restricting their right of free speech. Are you not?

If you oppose PCism so much, let's see you allow Mel and the rest back to the main board!

RW

No because they disrupt the board with crudeness and insult.  They are the written version of gaping anus pics.  I'm sorry you can't wrap your pea brain around that fact.

PCism is more about stifling public comment and discourse by shaming one into silence like what you do to posters who speak out against the perils of religion or who believe people should take personal responsibility for their own safety.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

"PCism is more about stifling public comment and discourse by shaming one into silence"

That's exactly what you're doing with Mel and the rest!

I'm not silencing anyone, am I? You are.

It's okay to admit you're at least a little pc, you know.

keeper

RW

Quote from: "Romero""PCism is more about stifling public comment and discourse by shaming one into silence"

I am a little PC.

It's okay to admit you don't understand the difference between PCism and forum moderation.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Romero""PCism is more about stifling public comment and discourse by shaming one into silence"

I am a little PC.

It's okay to admit you don't understand the difference between PCism and forum moderation.

It appears that Rododo has been completely indoctrinated in not only the progressive agenda but also in the evs concept of moderation....everyone gets a voice no matter how disruptive or loathsome they may be.  :oeudC:

Truth is anyone with an once of rationality or common decency finds that whole idea insane. Unfortunately he mistakes that nutty, half-baked, concept for "free speech" rather than what it actually is......a lack of simple, prudent, forum housekeeping.

We all know that he is one of "her" favorite pets so what can you expect?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"You can't change the definition of political correctness. You claim that you oppose PCism, but you are indeed practicing it.

Mel, Odi and the rest have been sent to the corner because you find them to be too racist, sexist and offensive. That's the very definition of political correctness. You're at this moment restricting their right of free speech. Are you not?

If you oppose PCism so much, let's see you allow Mel and the rest back to the main board!

This is a mod issue, so I should stay out of it. But, do you think Odinson or Scouse add anything that people want to read? They push the daily post count, but that's about it. I don't read their stupidity, but if you want to that's your business.

keeper

The posters mentioned are stuck in RR and can do no harm there. Win-win

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"The posters mentioned are stuck in RR and can do no harm there. Win-win

Yes, I know.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview