The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

For Romero

Started by RW, December 03, 2015, 01:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

RW

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Romero""PCism is more about stifling public comment and discourse by shaming one into silence"

That's exactly what you're doing with Mel and the rest!

I'm not silencing anyone, am I? You are.

It's okay to admit you're at least a little pc, you know.

I am a little PC.

It's okay to admit you don't understand the difference between PCism and forum moderation.

It appears that Rododo has been completely indoctrinated in not only the progressive agenda but also in the evs concept of moderation....everyone gets a voice no matter how disruptive or loathsome they may be.  :oeudC:

Truth is anyone with an once of rationality or common decency finds that whole idea insane. Unfortunately he mistakes that nutty, half-baked, concept for "free speech" rather than what it actually is......a lack of simple, prudent, forum housekeeping.

We all know that he is one of "her" favorite pets so what can you expect?

Removing disgusting trash talk is no different than removing gaping anus pictures as far as I'm concerned.  The irony of all of this is that the confused Romero is actually the hypocrite here.  He used to ban Bruce on sight even when no pictures were posted.

Didn'tcha little fella?

ac_razz
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Romero belongs over there at that other place.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"What is this all about?

Romero is claiming that RW is PC and stifling "free speech" for keeping trolls like Odinson, Mel and Dinky corralled.

It's a typical fools argument.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Romero is claiming that RW is PC and stifling "free speech" for keeping trolls like Odinson, Mel and Dinky corralled.

Why would anyone want to read Odinson's bullshit? I don't know about you Renee, but I have no time for listening to bullshit and that guy spreads it on thick. Same with that Dinky guy. I don't know who Mel is.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"

Why would anyone want to read Odinson's bullshit? I don't know about you Renee, but I have no time for listening to bullshit and that guy spreads it on thick. Same with that Dinky guy. I don't know who Mel is.

Consider yourself lucky that you don't know who Mel is. He's an emotionally disturbed alcoholic who makes Odi and Dinky look like saints. He used to be sort of a decent guy but a series of shitty life events drove him over the edge into the abyss of self-pity and drug induced insanity.

It's kind of sad actually. :sad:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Consider yourself lucky that you don't know who Mel is. He's an emotionally disturbed alcoholic who makes Odi and Dinky look like saints. He used to be sort of a decent guy but a series of shitty life events drove him over the edge into the abyss of self-pity and drug induced insanity.

He sounds like a certified loon. But, back on topic, why does Romero want those guys here? Romero has nothing in common with DD or odinson from what I could see.

Renee

He sounds like a certified loon. But, back on topic, why does Romero want those guys here? Romero has nothing in common with DD or odinson from what I could see.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want them here anymore than the rest of us do. He is just stirring up shit with RW to try and make some weird point. Romero does stuff like that from time to time. It's part of his charm.  :001_rolleyes:

Anonymous

I'm pretty sure he doesn't want them here anymore than the rest of us do. He is just stirring up shit with RW to try and make some weird point. Romero does stuff like that from time to time. It's part of his charm.  :001_rolleyes:

I do not get that. If I argue for or against something, it is because I believe in it.

Renee

I do not get that. If I argue for or against something, it is because I believe in it.

Don't get me wrong, Romero honestly believes he is championing "free speech" here. He's just on the wrong track with it.

He's a tad confused.

Anonymous

Don't get me wrong, Romero honestly believes he is championing "free speech" here. He's just on the wrong track with it.

He's a tad confused.

They should be free to speak. RW should be free to say piss off too.

Renee

He's a tad confused.

Yeah well that's the point that Romero doesn't get. Her house, her rules.

He still thinks this is a public free for all. Unfortunately even in real life, "free speech" is a limited commodity and in many cases, it has nothing to do with PCism.

RW

I didn't realise common sense when it comes to moderation belongs to me.  Outside of VF, Odi, Mel and SCOUSE would have lasted two hot seconds acting the way they do here.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

He's a tad confused.

Yeah well that's the point that Romero doesn't get. Her house, her rules.

He still thinks this is a public free for all. Unfortunately even in real life, "free speech" is a limited commodity and in many cases, it has nothing to do with PCism.

RW has been more than fair with the likes of Odinson and DD. They would have been kicked to the curb a lot quicker than they were here on the forums I used to be a member of.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview