Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:56:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

A

What an Idiot; Leo Dicapario calls an Alberta Chinook Shocking Climate Change

Started by Anonymous, December 10, 2015, 12:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It's a Chinook, Leo": DiCaprio's shocking climate experience during 'The Revenant' roundly mocked by Albertans

It would be hilarious, if the star of The Revenant wasn't also the head of a multimillion-dollar environmental lobby group, the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, and a producer of documentaries on climate change.

Of course, that's like getting a sunburn in the Sahara Desert and directly linking your red skin to ozone depletion.

DiCaprio's overall climate concern may be valid, but the example cited makes him look like a complete idiot — especially for anyone who's ever heard of a chinook.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/12/09/its-a-chinook-leo-albertans-respond-to-dicaprios-climate-experience-while-filming-the-revenant">http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/12/09/it ... e-revenant">http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/12/09/its-a-chinook-leo-albertans-respond-to-dicaprios-climate-experience-while-filming-the-revenant

What a dummy.

Anonymous

Leo said he "endured two unprecedented weather events" :laugh:

With temperature shifts of up to 30C in a matter of hours very common, chinook winds and their hallmark arch are anything but a cause for dread, unless you're migraine-prone and sensitive to pressure changes.

Last winter was actually pretty ordinary, as chinooks go.

Rather than terrified, southern Albertans have celebrated the breezy break from the cold for centuries — just as long as people have lived east of the Rocky Mountains, it seems.

When I read such stupidity I think this statement is people who have never been to Calgary or someone played a big prank on this Hollywood fool.

Anonymous

The ladies I work with were talking about this today..

We think someone was kidding with him about Calgary's chinooks and he fell for it.

Renee

You have to remember something about most of these "celebutards", especially the ones like DiCrapario. They started basically very young in the entertainment business and never really pursued a serious education. They live and operate in that insular, vapid, world know as Hollyweird, where spending any significant amount of time, twists your mind into mush. The only reason they are able to make noise, politically and socially, is because 1.)....they have money, 2.)....they have high profile names and most of all.....3.) an insatiable ego.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Leo said he "endured two unprecedented weather events" :laugh:

With temperature shifts of up to 30C in a matter of hours very common, chinook winds and their hallmark arch are anything but a cause for dread, unless you're migraine-prone and sensitive to pressure changes.

Last winter was actually pretty ordinary, as chinooks go.

Rather than terrified, southern Albertans have celebrated the breezy break from the cold for centuries — just as long as people have lived east of the Rocky Mountains, it seems.

When I read such stupidity I think this statement is people who have never been to Calgary or someone played a big prank on this Hollywood fool.

As laughingly ignorant as what he said was, do not expect him to withdraw it. He will get away with making absurd claims because he is an actor and he supports climate change hysteria.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Hands up all those who take the utterings of these idiots seriously?

That's what I thought.

Bricktop

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Well, this salmon FLIES!

https://s3.graphiq.com/sites/default/files/2188/media/images/AgustaWestland_Chinook_ICH-47F_410094_i0.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"People like him should be extensively and publicly mocked.

Celebrities can get away with being dumb.

cc

I remember a 24 hr period in Lethbridge. It was 45 F below zero when a Chinook came in at very high speed. In less than 24 hrs, it went to 55F above

100 fricken degrees change ... that's  "real" degrees I'm talkin about  :wink:

Streets and walks became deadly rapidly - hard smooth slippery ice covered with fast  running water  and wind that pushed people and even some cars down the street until they hit something fixed to the ground ,, like watching  a slow motion  train wreck while hanging tight onto a hydro pole
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"I remember a 24 hr period in Lethbridge. It was 45 F below zero when a Chinook came in. In less than 24 hrs, it went to 55F above

100 fricken degrees change ... that "real" degrees I'm talkin about  :wink:

Streets and walks became deadly rapidly - hard smooth slippery ice covered with fast  running water  and wind that pushed people down the street until they hit something fixed to the ground

DiCaprio could fix that with a big carbon tax. :laugh3:

cc

LOL, Yes. Unfortunately there was no carbon tax in those days. Thank god the problem will be fixed soon

ac_smile
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"LOL, Yes. Unfortunately there was no carbon tax in those days. Thank god the problem will be fixed soon

ac_smile

The people of Lethbridge will be so pleased to know that when the extreme cold sets in it will stay there uninterrupted until April. All it took was a climate expert like Dicaprio to save them the horror of winter cold breaks. :laugh3: