Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Ample Beauty....

Started by J0E, December 10, 2015, 04:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

It's interesting to Google elderly actresses that I don't know about.

priscilla1961

she 60

http://chinesemov.com/images/actors2/Liu-Xiaoqing-2.jpg">

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9_zuxMn56xd-bbrEVIXAPPt1dNNpkbllxgG7zf33NVnUjG9AqGw">
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

shin

Joe, do you know what the word "ample" means when it's coupled with the word "beauty"?

"used euphemistically to convey that someone is fat"

Forgive me if English isn't your first language, but saying "ample beauty" is similar to saying "enormous beauty" or even "copious beauty".

Are you trying to tell us you prefer the image of 1950s beauty as a timeless classic?

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"Joe, do you know what the word "ample" means when it's coupled with the word "beauty"?

Forgive me if English isn't your first language, but saying "ample beauty" is similar to saying "enormous beauty" or even "copious beauty".

Are you trying to tell us you prefer the image of 1950s beauty as a timeless classic?

When I read the title, I took it to mean plus sized ladies, but the pictures didn't seem to match the message I thought he was trying to convey.

shin

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "shin"Joe, do you know what the word "ample" means when it's coupled with the word "beauty"?

When I read the title, I took it to mean plus sized ladies, but the pictures didn't seem to match the message I thought he was trying to convey.

I think he was trying to make a creative thread title, and it got lost in translation.

Anonymous

Quote from: "shin"

I think he was trying to make a creative thread title, and it got lost in translation.

I thought the same shin.

Renee

Joe is an idiot.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

J0E

But Renn! and all other concerned hea'....

'Ample' need not be confused with 'corpulent' or 'fat'.. methinks tharz a significant difference.

Quoteadjective, ampler, amplest.

1.fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough:

an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.

2.of sufficient or abundant measure; liberal; copious:

an ample reward.

3.of adequate or more than adequate extent, size, or amount; large; spacious; roomy:

ample storage space.

...not once is the word 'fat' ever mentioned. Contrast this definition with 'corpulent':

QuoteCorpulent is a formal word that describes a fat person. If you are trying to be respectful when describing a fat man, you might refer to him as a "corpulent gentleman."

There are certainly many other ways to describe a fat person: obese, overweight, and stout are only a few. Corpulent is from Latin corpulentus, from corpus "body." The Latin suffix -ulentus, corresponding to English -ulent, has the meaning "full of, having in quantity."

...and ifya do a google search  using the terms "ample beauty",  this is whatcha git:

http://oi63.tinypic.com/244uvxt.jpg">

...and as you're aware, google is never wrong, renn.

It's the voice of authority these days, eh.

Quote from: "Renee"

Joe is an idiot.

Renee

But Joey I'm not the only one that misinterpreted your meaning. Regardless of what Google comes up with, it is common that when using the word "ample" when referring to a women, it is assumed that it is a polite term for "fat" or "full figured". Don't try to tell me of all people, what words are commonly used to describe a "plus sized" woman. I've heard them all and I find most of them rather amusing.

Not that it bothers me in the least but I do find it strange that you would go through such contortions to prove otherwise.

You're still an idiot. :laugh3:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

J0E

Quote from: "Renee"But Joey I'm not the only one that misinterpreted your meaning. Regardless of what Google comes up with, it is common that when using the word "ample" when referring to a women, it is assumed that it is a polite term for "fat" or "full figured". Don't try to tell me of all people, what words are commonly used to describe a "plus sized" woman. I've heard them all and I find most of them rather amusing.

...actually Renn, ample literally defined never makes any mention of being fat or even overweight. You just think it does cuz you've been brainwashed to believe that it is. Its somewhat akin to believing that 'gay' means homosexual, when it never did until it got hijacked by the politically correct crowd of LGBTQ activists. It used to mean 'happy'. So, you've become beholden to all the euphemisms which society's political correctness has thrown at you. Likewise, ample really means more than enough, but it does not denote excess - unlike 'corpulent' or 'fat'. The Latin term amplus means large, spacious, ample /great important. So it is a word with favorable connotations, unlike 'fat' or 'corpulent'.

QuoteNot that it bothers me in the least but I do find it strange that you would go through such contortions to prove otherwise.

...well, there is a significance of google in that it reflects the mainstream social attitudes. Rightly or wrong, people hold these perceptions/prejudices of certain words and derive certain connotations from them. I know you may not like it, but that's the way it is, hon.

eg. - here's what google search results yield for 'fat beauty']
http://oi67.tinypic.com/28vy48z.jpg">http://oi67.tinypic.com/28vy48z.jpg[/img]

Unlike the search term 'ample beauty', the perception is quite different, and the search engine's images portray overweight or obese women.

Again, here's the search term 'ample beauty' and how it compares with 'fat beauty'

http://oi63.tinypic.com/244uvxt.jpg">

Renee

Joe you waaaaay over think things. Maybe it's because you have limited life experience, I really don't know. But it's annoying and if you haven't figured that out yet, then let me be the first to tell you.

I really don't care what Google says. Just take my word for it, when you refer to a woman as "ample" it means she is large in some way and generally speaking, it usually a reference to her size.

As I said before don't try to bullshit ME on this. Simply by virtue of my own physical reality I can guarantee I have more experience with this issue than you ever will.

RW

Like I said, he's started a thread about women with big tits but he wants us to think he's too much of a gentleman to just call them what they are.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Like I said, he's started a thread about women with big tits but he wants us to think he's too much of a gentleman to just call them what they are.

You know Joe; he likes to do things the hard way.

J0E

....both you, Renn an' 'Real have decided for yourselves, that ample means 'fat'.

But according to every english dictionary I've read, it never once defines it as such.

And other languages, it's the same definition. Same word, spelled a bit differently, but never implying 'fat'.

I suggest that you two oughta stop being fixated on a narrow cultural interpretation filled with political loaded undertones, and start reading what the actual recognized definition from authoritative sources is. Anyways, neither of you have once shown evidence that ample means 'fat'.  If you have, then it's a subjective interpretation of the word - your definition, certainly not the formal one.

Anyways, here's a photo from a ladies' fashion website which depicts what the web author considers 'ample':

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bb/19/f8/bb19f8390db3896b77b3bb58b7ca95ef.jpg">

She's fully clothed in accordance with respectable social standards.

Interestingly, she doesn't appear to be 'fat'. She's considered larger than average. But at the same time, she is described as being 'ample' and 'voluptuous'.

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "RW"Like I said, he's started a thread about women with big tits but he wants us to think he's too much of a gentleman to just call them what they are.

You know Joe; he likes to do things the hard way.

RW

I didn't say "fat".  I said "big tits".
Beware of Gaslighters!