Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Blessed are the Peacemakers

Started by Romero, December 25, 2015, 03:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

QuoteBy Senator Rand Paul

The birth of our Christ was foretold by the prophet Isaiah, who declared him "the Prince of Peace." Christ himself extolled the virtue of working for peace in the Beatitudes as he declared, "Blessed are the Peacemakers."

Nowhere does he declare himself the Prince of War, or extol the virtues of those eager for war.

I bring this up because I believe too many of our leaders are too eager for war—too eager to sacrifice the lives of our sons and daughters on the altar of their nation-building worldview, one that has proved to be so wrong and so destructive.

Ronald Reagan is regarded as a great conservative leader on foreign policy, and often rightly so. Reagan believes, as I do, in Peace through Strength. What too many Republicans have forgotten today is that peace was Reagan's goal and it should be ours.

He responded to terror attacks by punishing the perpetrators, and even re-assessing a forward deployment of U.S. troops. He didn't start nation building and policing the world. He didn't seek to repeal chunks of the Bill of Rights. He didn't get us involved in every civil war, and he didn't bellicosely threaten to start World War III by shooting down Russian planes over Syria.

The rush to war, the bluster, and the posturing of my fellow candidates for President alarms me, and it should alarm every voter. Any leader who shows glee or eagerness for war should be disqualified from holding the office of Commander-in-Chief.

The rush to war, the bluster, and the posturing of my fellow candidates for President alarms me, and it should alarm every voter. Any leader who shows glee or eagerness for war should be disqualified from holding the office of Commander-in-Chief.

Foolish bravado and campaign posturing should not be confused for strength.

Loudmouth bullying should never be confused for leadership.

I urge them to pause, to reflect, and to read.

Let's study our recent history, which shows how our policies in the Middle East led to the rise of ISIS, cost us trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, and have left us less safe.

But let's also study further back in history—back to the time we are celebrating this week. We can be strong and secure, while seeking Peace. And Peace is what we are commanded to seek as we celebrate the birth of the Prince of Peace.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/22/blessed-are-the-peacemakers/">//http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/22/blessed-are-the-peacemakers/

cc

Gotta love seeing an avowed atheist employing christ & xmas for his purposes

Whatever works. eh? - OH The Hypocrisy !!

xmasses take me very far down,  but watching you whoring yourself out got me laughing

Blessed be the hypocrites for they make sad people laugh .....
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Gotta love seeing an avowed atheist employing christ & xmas for his purposes

Whatever works. eh? - OH The Hypocrisy !!

xmasses take me very far down,  but watching you whoring yourself out got me laughing

Blessed be the hypocrites for they make sad people laugh .....

What the Koran say about peace cc la femme?

@realAzhyaAryola

This thread reminds me of Sunday School. We had to memorize the Beatitudes.

The eight Beatitudes in Matthew 5:3–12 during the Sermon on the Mount.

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. (5:3)

Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)

Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)

Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)

Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10)
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista" What the Koran say about peace cc la femme?
Good question. It needs explanation as in today's world, many have tried desperately and with great effort to spin the meaning of the word "islam" into coming from  a similar sounding word  "al-Salaam," that means "peace". Because we see violence everywhere islam exists, one can see  the need for GREAT  effort to make it seem to be rooted in peace  and thus more "sale-able" within a Western society that has a vastly  different concept of peace.

(I hope this explains the relationship between islam and peace ... It is the only way I can explain the meaning of  "peace" for islam)

In fact, islam comes from an Arabic word that has only one root.  The root word for Islam is "al-Silm," which means "submission" or "surrender."  There is no disagreement about this among Arabic or Islamic scholars. al-Silm (submission) does not mean the same thing as al-Salaam (peace), otherwise they would be the same word.  

OK. The subterfuge / spin / distortion covered, we can get to your question.

Submission and peace can be very different concepts, even if a form of peace is often brought about by forcing others into submission.  

("Submission" becomes clear when one thinks about the various positions of prayer for all religions. For islam the position itself is one of total submission)

As the modern-day Islamic scholar, Ibrahim Sulaiman, puts it, "Jihad is not inhumane, despite its necessary violence and bloodshed, its ultimate desire is peace which is protected and enhanced by the rule of islamic or shariah law."

In truth, the Quran not only calls Muslims to submit to Allah, it also orders them to  subdue people of other religions until they are in a full state of submission to Islamic rule.  This has inspired the aggressive history of Islam and its military and demographic success in conquering other cultures.

Thus "peace" means exactly "no war". So when islam says it strives for peace. I concede that technically it actually does strive for peace - but with a BIG however, ... however it  means that after it has conquered  every other thing there  will be no war and thus "peace" will prevail

(This is supported identically by all 3 holy books)

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"
Quote from: "Fashionista" What the Koran say about peace cc la femme?
Good question. It needs explanation as in today's world, many have tried desperately and with great effort to spin the meaning of the word "islam" into coming from  a similar sounding word  "al-Salaam," that means "peace". Because we see violence everywhere islam exist, one can see  the need to make make great effort to make it seem to be rooted in peace  and thus more "sale-able" within a Western society that has a vastly  different concept of peace.

(I hope this explains the relationship between islam and peace ... It is the only way I can explain the meaning of  "peace" for islam)

In fact, islam comes from an Arabic word that has only one root.  The root word for Islam is "al-Silm," which means "submission" or "surrender."  There is no disagreement about this among Arabic or Islamic scholars. al-Silm (submission) does not mean the same thing as al-Salaam (peace), otherwise they would be the same word.  

OK. The subterfuge / spin / distortion covered, we can get to your question.

Submission and peace can be very different concepts, even if a form of peace is often brought about by forcing others into submission.  

("Submission" becomes clear when one thinks about the various positions of prayer for all religions. For islam the position itself is one of total submission)

As the modern-day Islamic scholar, Ibrahim Sulaiman, puts it, "Jihad is not inhumane, despite its necessary violence and bloodshed, its ultimate desire is peace which is protected and enhanced by the rule of islamic or shariah law."

In truth, the Quran not only calls Muslims to submit to Allah, it also orders them to  subdue people of other religions until they are in a full state of submission to Islamic rule.  This has inspired the aggressive history of Islam and its military and demographic success in conquering other cultures.

Thus "peace" means exactly "no war". So when islam says it strives for peace. I concede that technically it actually does - but with a BIG however, ... however it  means that after it has conquered  every other thing there  will be no war and thus "peace" will prevail

(This is supported identically by all 3 holy books)

That's what I thought too CC. Islam's concept of peace is surrender and we will not behead you. It's not what we know as peace, that's for fucking sure.

cc

Yes. Many are twisting themselves into perverted pretzels trying to sell a vicious killer hyena as a peaceful and graceful gazelle

That should drag  out Q's package of sweet smiling happy covered girls to "prove absolutely" that the vicious killer hyena is  merely a peaceful and graceful gazelle  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"Yes. Many are twisting themselves into perverted pretzels trying to sell a vicious killer hyena as a peaceful and graceful gazelle

That should drag  out Q's package of sweet smiling happy covered girls to "prove absolutely" that the vicious killer hyena is a merely a peaceful and graceful gazelle  ac_smile

Islam is to real peace what nazism is to racial harmony.