The best topic

Replies: 10412
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:42:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

The Real Tinfoil Hat

Started by RW, January 07, 2016, 12:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"I don't know but I hate boats and I wouldn't want to be away from my family. I have too much stuff to take care of at home to be away for weeks at a time.

Cruise ship work is not for people with families, unless you are trying to avoid them. :laugh3:

Also any kind of character acting is extremely difficult and demanding on any kind of personal life. It's best donecwhen you are single and free from life attachments.

I haven't been on a cruise ship, but my parents have in happier times. I thought most people including the entertainment is made up primarily of Filipinos.

I've been on more than a few cruises including Disney. Yes a lot of the employees are either from the Philippines or South America. The entertainment is a mixed bag. The headliners could be from anywhere. In fact many of the Disney entertainers come from their Broadway productions or the parks.

I don't think cruises are something I would like to do. You've done all-inclusive, what do you prefer, ships or resorts?

Both have strengths and weakness. I actually prefer cruises only because you get to visit  different ports of call but overall I find both a little too confining. There are limitations and unexpected expenses with both. Actually I prefer my timeshare because I can go where I want and chose whatever type of accommodations I want. It can be all inclusive or I can be on my own. Either way I have found the costs to equal out in the end. Plus with the timeshare I can go anywhere and not pay a frickin hotel bill. All I need is spending money and a bathing suit. ac_biggrin

I like the sand and surf, so resort all the way for me. We were really pleased with the one we stayed at in Costa Rica. We did not try to do everything though. We limited ourselves to a few activities.

Renee

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"I don't know but I hate boats and I wouldn't want to be away from my family. I have too much stuff to take care of at home to be away for weeks at a time.

Cruise ship work is not for people with families, unless you are trying to avoid them. :laugh3:

Also any kind of character acting is extremely difficult and demanding on any kind of personal life. It's best donecwhen you are single and free from life attachments.

I haven't been on a cruise ship, but my parents have in happier times. I thought most people including the entertainment is made up primarily of Filipinos.

I've been on more than a few cruises including Disney. Yes a lot of the employees are either from the Philippines or South America. The entertainment is a mixed bag. The headliners could be from anywhere. In fact many of the Disney entertainers come from their Broadway productions or the parks.

I don't think cruises are something I would like to do. You've done all-inclusive, what do you prefer, ships or resorts?

Both have strengths and weakness. I actually prefer cruises only because you get to visit  different ports of call but overall I find both a little too confining. There are limitations and unexpected expenses with both. Actually I prefer my timeshare because I can go where I want and chose whatever type of accommodations I want. It can be all inclusive or I can be on my own. Either way I have found the costs to equal out in the end. Plus with the timeshare I can go anywhere and not pay a frickin hotel bill. All I need is spending money and a bathing suit. ac_biggrin

I like the sand and surf, so resort all the way for me. We were really pleased with the one we stayed at in Costa Rica. We did not try to do everything though. We limited ourselves to a few activities.

Actually limiting yourself to a few activities is the way to go. The goal of a vacation is supposed to be relaxation and time to decompress; at least thats how I see it. Trying to take in too much while away has a tendency of leaving you just as stressed and tired as you were when you started. I've been guilty of doing that on more than one getaway.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I'm not a sand and surf person.

I feel a new thread coming on...
Beware of Gaslighters!