The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Is Lust a Sin?

Started by J0E, January 01, 2016, 09:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "RW"Lust is a strong desire for something.  If that's the case, why it is I can't lust for my husband?

You can. In a marriage it's not lust. In fact, biblically, your husband can't deny you unless he is fasting/praying.  He HAS to put out.  Lol.

Why is it not lust?
 Because you are joined with that person.  It's not lust. Lust is a drive for things that are not yours. Like coveting, only sexual.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Renee"If you believe in "sin" then its a "sin" and not just an ordinary "sin" either. It's one of the big 7.

It's all based on your personal beliefs. It's not rocket science, people, its just another one of Joe's idiotic musings.

I suppose it needs to be coupled with instinct. That little thing that goes off on your brain that says, I want to. You are attractive. Then the same occurs in the other persons brain. Instinctual to reproduce.

Instinct is an interesting word when it comes to sin...
 We have a sin nature.  See....this is why I said catholics don't teach the gospel. Lol.  They tell you what you do is wrong, but don't tell you why or what the solution is.

Anonymous

I am not a religious person, but I like reading the opinions of religious people.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dove"It's not lust. Lust is a drive for things that are not yours. Like coveting, only sexual.

Really?

See, this is why people laugh at Xtians. They create their own definitions to validate their loopy doctrines.

Where is "lust" defined as desire for something that is NOT yours?

This

"noun

1.intense sexual desire or appetite.

2.uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite; lecherousness.

3.a passionate or overmastering desire or craving (usually followed by for):a lust for power.

4.ardent enthusiasm; zest; relish: an enviable lust for life.

5.Obsolete.

pleasure or delight.

desire; inclination; wish.

verb (used without object)

6.to have intense sexual desire.

7.to have a yearning or desire; have a strong or excessive craving (often followed by for or after)."

...does not specify non-ownership, possession or illicit desire.

But I'm sure the bible, written in the 14th century, will say something somewhere about its illicit characteristic.

cc

I lusted after, got him and  and still lust for my mate ... and for life

Gotta go with the Aussie on this one
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

THE Aussie???

You can't wipe the Australian out of you, too, ya dopey sheila.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to Gory Gambino?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "Dove"It's not lust. Lust is a drive for things that are not yours. Like coveting, only sexual.

Really?

See, this is why people laugh at Xtians. They create their own definitions to validate their loopy doctrines.

Where is "lust" defined as desire for something that is NOT yours?

This

"noun

1.intense sexual desire or appetite.

2.uncontrolled or illicit sexual desire or appetite; lecherousness.

3.a passionate or overmastering desire or craving (usually followed by for):a lust for power.

4.ardent enthusiasm; zest; relish: an enviable lust for life.

5.Obsolete.

pleasure or delight.

desire; inclination; wish.

verb (used without object)

6.to have intense sexual desire.

7.to have a yearning or desire; have a strong or excessive craving (often followed by for or after)."

...does not specify non-ownership, possession or illicit desire.

But I'm sure the bible, written in the 14th century, will say something somewhere about its illicit characteristic.

Anonymous

The NT....wasn't written in English. Are you asking for a long winded class on greek and hermenuetics, or do you want to just take our word for it?  People laugh at Christians because they are ignorant of why we believe what we believe and make assumptions. Arrogantly. Like you just did. I could in depth on this if you'd like. You'll be subjected to several scriptures though.

Anonymous

Sorry....my phone freaked out

Anonymous

The bible is clear about lust. Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"THE Aussie???

You can't wipe the Australian out of you, too, ya dopey sheila.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to Gory Gambino?

He's posting again at VF as Pattaya Man.

RW

Quote from: "Fashionista"The bible is clear about lust. Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world.

So every man is an adulterer?  

Where does the Bible say it's not lust if you desire your husband or wife?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"The bible is clear about lust. Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

So every man is an adulterer?  

Where does the Bible say it's not lust if you desire your husband or wife?

1 Corinthians 7:1-40

Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: "It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman." But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dove"The NT....wasn't written in English. Are you asking for a long winded class on greek and hermenuetics, or do you want to just take our word for it?  People laugh at Christians because they are ignorant of why we believe what we believe and make assumptions. Arrogantly. Like you just did. I could in depth on this if you'd like. You'll be subjected to several scriptures though.

What was it written in?

How, then, did it become English?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "Dove"The NT....wasn't written in English. Are you asking for a long winded class on greek and hermenuetics, or do you want to just take our word for it?  People laugh at Christians because they are ignorant of why we believe what we believe and make assumptions. Arrogantly. Like you just did. I could in depth on this if you'd like. You'll be subjected to several scriptures though.

What was it written in?

How, then, did it become English?
 Greek. It was translated from greek, with the exception of a few translated from greek to Latin to English, like kjv 1611, I believe.  It's a whole, interesting and time consuming endeavor to study on.