Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

What's your bucket list?

Started by J0E, December 28, 2015, 02:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Really? A gym? I didn't know that  ac_dunno
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "GrAnnie"Really? A gym? I didn't know that  ac_dunno

The good ones do GrAnnie..

Others have a large common room with a full kitchen you can reserve if you are entertaining a large group of people.

Annie

Oh, well i guess I learn something new everyday lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"There are, I've heard of friends not being allowed. I guess it depends on the strata or area.

Nope your right. Where I'm at I would say it's 50/50 . I think it has to do with insurance...  renters insurance.

In the US most states have a pretty strict fire code for attached dwellings. In many areas having a propane fired grill is a no-no. Propane tanks explode and propane grills cannot be kept within 20 feet of a door or window opening.

Of course this doesn't address the issue of charcoal grills which are probably just as dangerous, if not more so. Every year hundreds of people set fire to their homes with barbecue grills. Between 2005 and 2009 over 8,000 were reported in the US alone because people are DUMB!

If you are going to burn your own home down that perfectly fine with me. But when you live in attached housing and the chances are that you will burn or neighbors house down as well; that's a completely different story. Most smart condo associations forbid outdoor grilling and with good reason.

I own a condo on the third floor and I bbq all the time. I can apply to the association to convert my balcony to a closed in Florida room if I wish. I have no exterior maintenance problems, I don't own a lawnmower nor a snowblower. Condo living for me is convenient and worry free.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "GrAnnie"There are, I've heard of friends not being allowed. I guess it depends on the strata or area.

Nope your right. Where I'm at I would say it's 50/50 . I think it has to do with insurance...  renters insurance.

In the US most states have a pretty strict fire code for attached dwellings. In many areas having a propane fired grill is a no-no. Propane tanks explode and propane grills cannot be kept within 20 feet of a door or window opening.

Of course this doesn't address the issue of charcoal grills which are probably just as dangerous, if not more so. Every year hundreds of people set fire to their homes with barbecue grills. Between 2005 and 2009 over 8,000 were reported in the US alone because people are DUMB!

If you are going to burn your own home down that perfectly fine with me. But when you live in attached housing and the chances are that you will burn or neighbors house down as well; that's a completely different story. Most smart condo associations forbid outdoor grilling and with good reason.

I own a condo on the third floor and I bbq all the time. I can apply to the association to convert my balcony to a closed in Florida room if I wish. I have no exterior maintenance problems, I don't own a lawnmower nor a snowblower. Condo living for me is convenient and worry free.

I have lived in apartments abroad, but never in Canada.