The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Vacations!

Started by RW, January 14, 2016, 11:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/2015-07/06B5365D-9B0F-4DCD-AF16-034B6D0CB8CE_zpspsmxxvuj.jpg.html">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"
Quote from: "Herman"The Maldives were amazing. I did a private game reserve in South Africa which I enjoined. I love Costa Rica. Closer to home, I like the fly in fishing lodges of Northern Saskatchewan. I caught some monster pickerel up there.

Love to see the Maldives. Last year, joined my friend Dave in Montana for a week of Trout fishing, at a very nice lodge. Had a blast.

I live about two and a half hours from the border with the USA and Montana..

We used to go there once a year when our dollar was at par or even higher, usually around Whitefish..

Western Montana is beautiful.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Renee"Truthfully one of my favorite places to vacation is Hilton Head SC.

Nice uncrowned beach, nice spas, quiet, family oriented activities, relaxing......Moderate nightlife, Great seafood, (especially the oysters).

Is that near Myrtle Beach?

About 190 miles south of Myrtle and about 30 miles north of Savannah.

That's another thing; it's close to Savannah GA which is a really pretty historic city. Great for photography, shopping and restaurants.

I'll keep that in mind, but with a 69 cent dollar and dropping the cross border traffic will be the other way around.

Very true.

I was think of grabbing my camera and heading up to Quebec City with the girls this summer for a long weekend. I haven't been there in many years.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Truthfully one of my favorite places to vacation is Hilton Head SC.

Nice uncrowned beach, nice spas, quiet, family oriented activities, relaxing......Moderate nightlife, Great seafood, (especially the oysters).

Is that near Myrtle Beach?

About 190 miles south of Myrtle and about 30 miles north of Savannah.

That's another thing; it's close to Savannah GA which is a really pretty historic city. Great for photography, shopping and restaurants.

I'll keep that in mind, but with a 69 cent dollar and dropping the cross border traffic will be the other way around.

Very true.

I was think of grabbing my camera and heading up to Quebec City with the girls this summer for a long weekend. I haven't been there in many years.

Go for it. All of you will have a blast.

RW

Quote from: "RW"South East BC FTW!

Some people like it better than Okanagan. The reasons are it's less populated/developed, it has a lot more wildlife and not everyone likes the Okanagan's desert like landscape.

It's quieter, more woodsy, less developed.  It's not the kind of place you rent a condo for a week and hang out.  It's more about camping and cabins.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"

Some people like it better than Okanagan. The reasons are it's less populated/developed, it has a lot more wildlife and not everyone likes the Okanagan's desert like landscape.

It's quieter, more woodsy, less developed.  It's not the kind of place you rent a condo for a week and hang out.  It's more about camping and cabins.

That's why we love it RW.

ac_smile

Anonymous

If I was in any other condition I'd rent a cabin in the Koots this summer.

Renee

You mean like in the "Evil Dead"?  :shock:  ac_biggrin

http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w450-h350-q90-c450:350/wp-content/uploads/evil-dead-the-cabin.jpg">
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Next summer ;). Fash will give you the sweet hookups :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

I sure will RW..

My family loves your area.

Anonymous

Yeah, I like getting out of the city when the weather is nice.

cc

From around Castlegar east and north is great country,

Have not done it in a while, but we used to do and enjoy 3 - 4 month long projects in the area ... staying in the woods in our then- motor home. Not "vacation", rather living there but evenings with just the 2 of us alone in the woods were wonderful times

Deer visiting as we had supper over a fire or bbq ... being woken by the slap of beaver tails on the source of the Columbia etc. etc. Great times then, great memories now

For several summers, we were a lucky couple. Work was like an extended vacation in heaven
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

The natural beauty of this area is amazing in the summers.  

I seem to be a hot springer:

I love Fairmont hotsprings.  I feel so at home in the pools in those mountains.

Ainsworth is small but they have a really neat natural cave on Kootenay Lake.

Nakusp is also small but secluded and surrounded by lush forests and hiking trails.  They have beautiful waterfalls and creeks.  We stayed in a cabin which was rustic yet roomy.  The only hitch - no wifi or cell service.

Halcyon on Kootenay Lake is spectacular!  It's quite busy and a bit hard to book into one of their cabins or RV spots but worth trying.  I really love that all accommodations are cabins because you really have your own space.  You can also bring in an RV for the night (or a week!).
Beware of Gaslighters!