The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Vacations!

Started by RW, January 14, 2016, 11:20:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Where do you go?  What do you do?  What would you recommend that others do or don't do?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Where do you go?  What do you do?  What would you recommend that others do or don't do?

No vactions any time soon for us. Mommy is going home for Spring Festival. She'll see my Grandma.

RW

Have you visited any places you would recommend to go or not to go?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Have you visited any places you would recommend to go or not to go?

Oh hell ya. Langkawi in Malaysia, I love visiting my Auntie in Singapore. Overrated would be Cuba. I believe it will be on par with places like Dominican Republic in a few years or so, but it's not there yet.

Renee

Truthfully one of my favorite places to vacation is Hilton Head SC.

Nice uncrowned beaches, nice spas, quiet, family oriented activities, relaxing......Moderate nightlife, Great seafood, (especially the oysters).
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Truthfully one of my favorite places to vacation is Hilton Head SC.

Nice uncrowned beach, nice spas, quiet, family oriented activities, relaxing......Moderate nightlife, Great seafood, (especially the oysters).

Is that near Myrtle Beach?

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"Truthfully one of my favorite places to vacation is Hilton Head SC.

Nice uncrowned beach, nice spas, quiet, family oriented activities, relaxing......Moderate nightlife, Great seafood, (especially the oysters).

About 190 miles south of Myrtle and about 30 miles north of Savannah.

That's another thing; it's close to Savannah GA which is a really pretty historic city. Great for photography, shopping and restaurants.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

About 190 miles south of Myrtle and about 30 miles north of Savannah.

That's another thing; it's close to Savannah GA which is a really pretty historic city. Great for photography, shopping and restaurants.

I'll keep that in mind, but with a 69 cent dollar and dropping the cross border traffic will be the other way around.

Anonymous

When my father in law passed away he left his motorhome to my husband and I..

We like camping in Kananaskis,  South West Alberta, and South East BC.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"South East BC FTW!

Some people like it better than Okanagan. The reasons are it's less populated/developed, it has a lot more wildlife and not everyone likes the Okanagan's desert like landscape.

Annie

We don't vacation often. Year before last was my last one with my daughter and a friend to Squamish Music Festival and the year before. This year I'm putting some cash away to save to take my daughter for 2 nights 3 days up at Harrison Hot Springs this late Spring.  It's will be off season so our hotel room will be cheaper and not sold out  ac_smile  Hubby doesn't like to go anywhere like that so it'll just be a girl's trip.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

The Maldives were amazing. I did a private game reserve in South Africa which I enjoined. I love Costa Rica. Closer to home, I like the fly in fishing lodges of Northern Saskatchewan. I caught some monster pickerel up there.

@realAzhyaAryola

The Maldives got some publicity yesterday on my local news.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/amal-clooney-takes-maldives-human-rights-battle-washington-n496051">http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/amal- ... on-n496051">http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/amal-clooney-takes-maldives-human-rights-battle-washington-n496051

Amal Clooney, high-powered human rights lawyer and high-fashion Hollywood wife, swept through Washington this week — bringing the spotlight to a crisis in the Maldives, a honeymoon paradise where her latest client went from being president to prisoner.

The 37-year-old attorney is representing Mohamed Nasheed, who rode a wave of pro-democracy protests into office and led the tiny island nation in the Indian Ocean for three years before being forced out and jailed.

Shuttling from office to office in the U.S. Capitol, Clooney won support for the introduction of a congressional resolution calling for sanctions against members of the Maldives' current regime until they free Nasheed, whose conviction and 13-year sentence has been criticized by the State Department and the United Nations.

In an exclusive interview with NBC News, she took aim at political repression, human rights abuses and rising jihadism in the archipelago, where a $2 billion tourist economy is fueled by pristine beaches, blue lagoons and coral reefs.

"Democracy is dead in the Maldives," said Clooney, who has been doing human rights work for 15 years. "Literally, if there were an election now there would be no one to run against the president. Every opposition leader is either behind bars or being pursued by the government through the courts."
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Twenty Dollars

Quote from: "Herman"The Maldives were amazing. I did a private game reserve in South Africa which I enjoined. I love Costa Rica. Closer to home, I like the fly in fishing lodges of Northern Saskatchewan. I caught some monster pickerel up there.

Love to see the Maldives. Last year, joined my friend Dave in Montana for a week of Trout fishing, at a very nice lodge. Had a blast.