Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:42:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Election Year in Australia

Started by Bricktop, January 11, 2016, 07:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"
Quote from: "J0E"Y'know Leopardsocks, they look like the descendants of working class Englishmen who couldn't make it back in the Old Country.

And, being white, they probably are. Or they could be part Italian, Greek, Dutch or German.

What colour are you Joe?

I don't think there is a color for "dumb". ac_umm
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

Quote from: "RW"When your election time?

When the PM decides. There is no fixed date as such, but it must be called within three years of the previous.

Quote from: "RW"What is the fine for not voting since you have a mandatory voting system?

$50 for those dumb enough to pay. "I was ill" fixes that irritation. Actually, you only have to present at a polling booth and have your name marked.

Quote from: "RW"What is voter turn out on such a system.?

Around 99%. About 6% are donkey votes such as incomplete or incorrect ballot papers.

Anonymous

QuoteThere is no fixed date as such, but it must be called within three years of the previous.

Only 3 years eh?

Bricktop

Yep. 3 is more than enough to decide if we want to keep them or kick them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Yep. 3 is more than enough to decide if we want to keep them or kick them.

In the case of our barista/student/social worker run provincial government, I wish that were the case.

Bricktop

They wanted to bump it to five, but we weren't buying it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"They wanted to bump it to five, but we weren't buying it.

Good for you guys. Our municipal elections in Alberta used to be every 3 years too, but they changed it to 4. Not many people vote in municipal elections anyway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Mr Crowley"They wanted to bump it to five, but we weren't buying it.

Good for you guys. Our municipal elections in Alberta used to be every 3 years too, but they changed it to 4. Not many people vote in municipal elections anyway.

It would seem some people don't think their property taxes are important..

I am one of those people who does not participate.