Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Do you Ever Feel Dissastified with what you Have Accomplished In Your Life

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2016, 12:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Yes, but what kind? I think that is the question. Something lower than you had expected or something much higher than you had expected?

I really don't know Azhya, just not what I thought what they would be doing..

Maybe they thought I would be in a different job too.

ac_dunno

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_dunno

I see.

I am grateful for what my father taught me, Fash. He always encouraged me to be confident and to never be envious of others for I have just as much to be proud of. It may not be a Nobel prize or a prestigious title but it is mine alone. Moreover, my Mom always gave me the Desiderata every Christmas since I was a young child and I would read it each time and within this prose there is this,

"Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
"

That line, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself, has served me well for that is how I see people. I have no problem accepting there are greater and lesser persons than myself because that is reality. I am not GREATER than all. There are people who think they are greater than all. I feel sorry for them. They are those with inflated sense of self. With greater and lesser persons than myself out there, I surely pay no mind to the accomplishments of others but focus on mine and how I can accomplish some more. I do feel happy for the accomplishments of my friends and family. When they are successful, I feel pleased for them.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_dunno

I see.

I am grateful for what my father taught me, Fash. He always encouraged me to be confident and to never be envious of others for I have just as much to be proud of. It may not be a Nobel prize or a prestigious title but it is mine alone. Moreover, my Mom always gave me the Desiderata every Christmas since I was a young child and I would read it each time and within this prose there is this,

"Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
"

That line, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself, has served me well for that is how I see people. I have no problem accepting there are greater and lesser persons than myself because that is reality. I am not GREATER than all. There are people who think they are greater than all. I feel sorry for them. They are those with inflated sense of self. With greater and lesser persons than myself out there, I surely pay no mind to the accomplishments of others but focus on mine and how I can accomplish some more. I do feel happy for the accomplishments of my friends and family. When they are successful, I feel pleased for them.

Oh I'm not envious, only surprised..

I will give you an example, one of my girlfriends from my youth group was such a good athelete..

I thought she would be running marathons today, but instead she's obese and smokes..

There are a few other examples, but I just want to give you an idea of what I mean when I say they or their jobs are not what I thought they would be like or doing.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Now that's clear because it wasn't clear before. Good example.

Yes, I could tell people were a bit confused by what I was getting at.

ac_blush

@realAzhyaAryola

In my Writing Class, we were taught that when you declare something, you must explain why so that your readers are not left wondering.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"In my Writing Class, we were taught that when you declare something, you must explain why so that your readers are not left wondering.

Next time they are having a class Azhya, let me know because I need it.

ac_blush

@realAzhyaAryola

Haha! No, Fash. You don't need it. You are doing fine. There were other rules such as, "Grab your reader's attention...or avoid repeating yourself...don't always use "I"...your reader might be more interested in your written work if you often use "You" or "Your"...and more...
@realAzhyaAryola