News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Does this look like a fraud attempt to you?

Started by Anonymous, January 07, 2013, 02:42:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Hello everyone, I'm on my lunch break so I will get right to the point.

My husband and I are selling our car and buying a newer one.

I placed an online ad with pictures before work this morning and received this response.
QuoteHappy to purchase at your asking price and do you have a PayPal account,as i will be paying the with PayPal and have pick up done from your location as i am away at the moment,so email communication would do best for now as well.

Regards

Without seeing it, driving it or negotiating price? I responded asking why he doesn't want to see or test drive it and here was his response.
QuoteI am regrettably out of town,Malaysia to be precise and will not coming back anytime soon,that was why I asked for some pictures and once payment has been confirmed,I will have a shipping company come for pick it up from you

I have heard of online fraud involving people selling cars, but never from people buying them.

My husband was out of his office, so I could only leave a message for him.

Has anyone ever heard of this kind of fraud from people buying cars?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"Hello everyone, I'm on my lunch break so I will get right to the point.

I placed an online ad with pictures before work this morning and received this response.
QuoteHappy to purchase at your asking price and do you have a PayPal account,as i will be paying the with PayPal and have pick up done from your location as i am away at the moment,so email communication would do best for now as well.

Regards

Without seeing it, driving it or negotiating price? I responded asking why he doesn't want to see or test drive it and here was his response.
QuoteI am regrettably out of town,Malaysia to be precise and will not coming back anytime soon,that was why I asked for some pictures and once payment has been confirmed,I will have a shipping company come for pick it up from you

I have heard of online fraud involving people selling cars, but never from people buying them.

FRAUD ALERT FRAUD ALERT FRAUD ALERT

THIS IS DEFINITELY FRAUD.......DISCARD THIS OFFER AT ONCE..

Romero

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"Hello everyone, I'm on my lunch break so I will get right to the point.

Regards

i have had lots of experience with these assholes.....these types of offers are 100% fraudulent....quite often they will offer to send extra money to cover shipping etc....and then ask you (on your honor) to send the remainder back to them along with the car....it is all a fraud.

Tell him you only accept cash...no money orders, checks, drafts credit card, pay pal etc...only cash

Vancouver

I have listed many cameras on Craigslist over the past years. I would get these scamming emails. Most popular ones are stories of how they are buying for their son. What they do is ask for a money order or they send you a fake paypal payment.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I have listed many cameras on Craigslist over the past years. I would get these scamming emails. Most popular ones are stories of how they are buying for their son. What they do is ask for a money order or they send you a fake paypal payment.

Buying for their son, daughter. Just moved away, overseas for work and so on. Kijiji is cleaning that up slowly, but Craigslist is still scamsville.

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I have listed many cameras on Craigslist over the past years. I would get these scamming emails. Most popular ones are stories of how they are buying for their son. What they do is ask for a money order or they send you a fake paypal payment.

Hello Vancouver Guy, I got another one of those today...I responded just see if they were the same and they were.
QuoteMy name is B**** H*****. I believe my son sent you a text message to email me for the sale. I will like to know the lowest price for it and i want you to get back to me with more pictures and its current condition because i can't come over to inspect it. I'm buying it locally here in Canada for my son studying/working in abroad (Malaysia).   I work at sea as i am a marine biologist (I work  on the St-Lawrence river in Quebec. my office: Pilotes du Bas-St-Laurent] and due to the nature of my work, phone calls are restricted. I can only use my iPad to partially communicate. I am really sure he will be more than happy if i am able to purchase it from you because this is what he want and chose from the Advert.

You need not worry yourself about how it will get to him there in Malaysia as i have a contact of shipping company there that will be handling the pick up and all the paper work.

Pinay

Anonymous

We still get text messages from American area codes asking us to send them an email..

We followed the instructions in the text, sent them an email and it was the same story as the one I wrote about in the op.

:shock: