The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Some questions for some of you oil experts about Energy East Kinder Morgen pipeline...

Started by J0E, January 21, 2016, 10:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J0E

1. Where does Kinder Morgan oil flow to? Is it just for local consumption? To the States? Asia?

2. Does Oil from Alaska get shipped to Seattle & then to Asia or direct from Alaska to Asia?

don't know the answers that's why I'm asking you

Anonymous

Quote from: "J0E"1. Where does Kinder Morgan oil flow to? Is it just for local consumption? To the States? Asia?

2. Does Oil from Alaska get shipped to Seattle & then to Asia or direct from Alaska to Asia?

Kinder Morgan ships a lot of different products besides crude. Most Alaska oil ends up at the port of Valdez.

Why do you ask?

J0E

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "J0E"1. Where does Kinder Morgan oil flow to? Is it just for local consumption? To the States? Asia?

Kinder Morgan ships a lot of different products besides crude. Most Alaska oil ends up at the port of Valdez.

Why do you ask?

Oh, I was just trying to make a risk assessment of Kinder Morgan to see whether I support it or not.

At this point, I'm not sure.

I might be inclined to be for the project.

But there are too many questions which remain unanswered.

I'm for the Keystone pipeline, though not the Northern Gateway.

Anonymous

Quote from: "J0E"

Why do you ask?

Oh, I was just trying to make a risk assessment of Kinder Morgan to see whether I support it or not.

Support whatever, that's up to you.

J0E

Quote from: "J0E"

Why do you ask?

Support whatever, that's up to you.

Well, if oil is already being shipped by an existing Kinder Morgan pipeline, and they've been doing so for years with a good safety record, then maybe a pipeline expansion might not be so bad. Though I'm still undecided.

However, I'm less kind in my assessment towards Trans Canada. They didn't do a very good job of selling their Keystone idea to the Obama administration. Plus, unlike Kinder Morgan, their safety record isn't very good. Very spotty They've had some bad spills, like the one in Michigan. That's why I don't think the Northern Gateway is a very good idea.

easter bunny

I have no idea. However, I can tell you that Kinder Morgen translates to Children Tomorrow.

And if that doesn't make you laugh, nothing will.   :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "easter bunny"

I have no idea. However, I can tell you that Kinder Morgen translates to Children Tomorrow.

Since that pipeline is 63 years old it should be grandchildren tomorrow.

J0E

Quote from: "Shen Li"

...so what is the final destination of the oil which flows through Kinder Morgen?

Does it stop at Port Moody? Is it all meant for local consumption, or does it get exported elsewhere, such as the United States or Asia?

Do you know?

easter bunny

Quote from: "Shen Li"

:laugh:

J0E

some info about the proposed Kinder Morgen pipeline expansion & where the oil would/will go:

https://www.biv.com/article/2013/12/kinder-morgan-files-for-pipeline-expansion-with-na/">https://www.biv.com/article/2013/12/kin ... n-with-na/">https://www.biv.com/article/2013/12/kinder-morgan-files-for-pipeline-expansion-with-na/

QuoteThe majority of the new pipeline will run along the existing Trans Mountain line. About 17% of the expansion will be re-routed.

In a conference call on December 16, Kinder Morgan president Ian Anderson told reporters he expects most of the oil transported along the new pipeline to be shipped to Asia, but said the final destination of the oil is up to refineries and marketers, not Kinder Morgan.

"The majority will go to Asia," said Anderson.

"But more volume will go to California as well. On a day-to-day basis it will be dependent on market conditions."

J0E

...y'all Oil experts?

Can you answer that one?

At what point does the price of oil have to be, in order for the oil producer to break even?

kiebers

So what is your aversion to Google? Copied and pasted your exact question and got pages of results.

Not a single answer. Some shallow depth land wells can break even at $10.00. Keep in mind also that exploration and R & D has to come out of all that. If you're breaking even on a well you are not putting much into exploration and R & D. Deep water (10,000ft+) drilling may need $70.00+ depending on the environment down hole. Gets highly corrosive the deeper you go, the deeper you go the heavier the string, and high strength corrosive resistant materials are extremely expensive. One deep string including completion tools could run 10 million or more and that doesn't even figure in the cost of the rig and the people to work it.

edit:

:laugh3:  :laugh3:
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone