Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

RIP Ronald Southern

Started by Anonymous, January 24, 2016, 01:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

On Thursday, January 21, RD Southern passed away in Calgary, the city he was born in and spent his entire remarkable life.

Ron Southern was the founder of ATCO Group, Sentgraf Enterprises, Canadian Utilities, Spruce Meadows And Akita Drilling Limited. Each of which is recognized for unwavering  commitment to excellence and performance.

These qualities were central to the character of Ron Southern, whose definition of excellence was something he lived every day of his life. This provided great inspiration, guidance and leadership to his colleagues, friends and family.

You will be missed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"On Thursday, January 21, RD Southern passed away in Calgary, the city he was born in and spent his entire remarkable life.

Ron Southern was the founder of ATCO Group, Sentgraf Enterprises, Canadian Utilities, Spruce Meadows And Akita Drilling Limited. Each of which is recognized for unwavering  commitment to excellence and performance.

These qualities were central to the character of Ron Southern, whose definition of excellence was something he lived every day of his life. This provided great inspiration, guidance and leadership to his colleagues, friends and family.

You will be missed.

An entrepreneurial legend like Ted Rogers.

Anonymous

Ronnie was a self-made billionaire and we in Alberta are all richer because of his remarkable life.

QuoteSouthern received Canada's highest civilian honor when he was inducted as a Member of the Order of Canada in 1986. He was inducted as a Member of the Order of the British Empire in 1990, in recognition for his promotion of Anglo-Canadian relations in the fields of commerce, culture and sport. In June 1995, he was promoted to the level of Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE). In August 2003, Southern was made an Officer of the Order of Canada and was promoted to Companion in 2006.[1] In 2012, Southern was appointed to the Alberta Order of Excellence.[2] In 2012, Southern and wife Margaret were awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal by the Lieutenant Governor of Alberta, Donald Ethell.

He has received honorary doctoral degrees from the University of Calgary (1976)and the University of Alberta (1991). In 1990, Southern received the International Distinguished Entrepreneur Award, presented by the University of Manitoba through the Faculty of Management and in 1995 Southern was inducted into the Canadian Business Hall of Fame. In 1996, Southern was named Financial Post CEO of the Year. He and his wife were inducted into Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in 2006.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Southern">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Southern

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"On Thursday, January 21, RD Southern passed away in Calgary, the city he was born in and spent his entire remarkable life.

You will be missed.

Calgary has lost a great man.

ac_crying

Anonymous

ATCO is synonymous with camp structures. Akita has good iron too.

keeper

I met the whole family,  the daughter is something else.

Nice , hard working people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I met the whole family,  the daughter is something else.

Nice , hard working people.

Who Nancy? Did you work for one of his companies Keeps?

keeper

I worked with 2 of the ATCO companies before ATCO Frontec became part of the ATCO Group.

Nancy came to our facility in Spruce Grove and I was in charge of PR so to speak. Let's just say I had no budget lol.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I worked with 2 of the ATCO companies before ATCO Frontec became part of the ATCO Group.

Nancy came to our facility in Spruce Grove and I was in charge of PR so to speak. Let's just say I had no budget lol.

I know people that have met some of the clan including Ronnie himself. Good family, good people, great citizens.

keeper

The daughter was a snoby bitch ,but she knew her shit. Daddy taught her well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"The daughter was a snoby bitch ,but she knew her shit. Daddy taught her well.

What's wrong with that Keeps? I'm assertive on the job and I don't care how men perceive it. Just because I'm this delicate little of the East here people expect it to carry over into my professional life. :001_tongue:

keeper

The office staff had a meet and greet before she spoke to the workers on the floor so I got to meet her personally,  I just got the feeling she didn't want to be there is all. Nothing wrong with being assertive or aggressive.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"The office staff had a meet and greet before she spoke to the workers on the floor so I got to meet her personally,  I just got the feeling she didn't want to be there is all. Nothing wrong with being assertive or aggressive.

She has a lot on her plate. She probably had something else on her mind.